Johnny Marr responds to Morrissey's open letter via Twitter (January 26, 2022)

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite an odd response from JM there! A bit like Johnny's lyrics it seems to say nothing much at all.
Baffling. Why would somebody who was lamenting, a while back, that they're not in contact - respond with that bizarre comment? I sense he's going to delete it quickly.

Quite an odd response from JM there! A bit like Johnny's lyrics it seems to say nothing much at all.
It's all shitlibs can ever think to do whenever they are in conflict with someone, refer to them as Trump. Wow, how original. Moz takes the time to come up with cross-eyed extraterrestrials and the best Johnny can do is 'Trump?' That's some weak tea man.

It's all shitlibs can ever think to do whenever they are in conflict with someone, refer to them as Trump. Wow, how original. Moz takes the time to come up with cross-eyed extraterrestrials and the best Johnny can do is 'Trump?' That's some weak tea man.
'Thinnest gruel' is the popular phrase in some parts

It is a fairly oblique response, but my take on it is that Johnny is calling out Morrissey's paranoid bullshit. Look at all the attacks he accuses Johnny of making, but can anyone actually point to any specific attacks of this nature in any interviews in the last couple of years? He's actually been fairly restrained if you ask me - a joke about the Smiths reforming with Nigel Farage was about as 'unpleasant' as it got.

Yeah, Marr’s assuming Moz is a mean right-wing person now, & Morrissey had simply had enough. Johnny’s facile yet still snarky statement means the arrow hit.

Well, Johnny hasn't responded with the grovelling public apology M expected, so I think we all know the next stages of this:

• Jesse and the rest of the hired goons to respond with social media attacks on Marr (some of which sound suspiciously as though they were written by Morrissey whilst drunk). Nile retaliates.
  • Dodwell writes an article praising Morrissey's Open Letter and how wonderful it is. This piece then gets shared on Central next week.
  • Lil Sammy starts sharing photoshops of Marr in compromising positions. like punching old ladies and stealing sweets from children. These are also made into backdrops and TShirts which Moz can sell as shows.
  • After a year of bitching, the two agree to settle their differences in a pay-per-view boxing match extravaganza in Las Vegas, marketed as 'the reunion'.

Marr responds

1643199806151.png

Is Dave Haslam the member who posted here for some time as Jukebox Glory, again writing books about the Smiths places and important ones in Manchester edition and in a London edition

2nd Morrissey wrote januari 2022, isn't it childish to write '[....] at least till end 2021 [....] ' and a record deal..diffferent ways to sell his work, but chance of one or a few persons putting it on line for free DL is likely to happen, so good Morrisey waits, even He never get a deal, he can tour, for many many years, and sell it there.

At last on cynical demand, but it's dead serieus.

Godspeed The Smiths. May their Legacy keep on influence new bands, and enjoy new generations with their released work, bootlegs and the same but not as much, on screen/live gigs, songs, the most got on TOTP or the Whistle test.

' I'll see you sometime, somewhere...bye'

Is Dave Haslam the member who posted here for some time as Jukebox Glory, again writing books about the Smiths places and important ones in Manchester edition and in a London edition

2nd Morrissey wrote januari 2022, isn't it childish to write '[....] at least till end 2021 [....] ' and a record deal..diffferent ways to sell his work, but chance of one or a few persons putting it on line for free DL is likely to happen, so good Morrisey waits, even He never get a deal, he can tour, for many many years, and sell it there.

At last on cynical demand, but it's dead serieus.

Godspeed The Smiths. May their Legacy keep on influence new bands, and enjoy new generations with their released work, bootlegs and the same but not as much, on screen/live gigs, songs, the most got on TOTP or the Whistle test.

' I'll see you sometime, somewhere...bye'
Godspeed.

marr will have all kylies fans backing him up,thats how indie he is these days.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom