Judge John Weeks dead (April 2021)

Excerpt:

His Honour John Weeks QC​

It is with much regret that we report that Master Weeks (His Honour John Weeks QC) sadly died on the Easter weekend, aged 82. The Inn’s flag will fly at half-mast on Monday 19 April 2021, in his memory.

Master Weeks was called to the Bar in 1963 and took Silk in 1983. In 1991 he was appointed a circuit judge on the Western Circuit and as a Chancery Circuit judge in 1997 until his retirement in 2006.

He was elected a Judicial Governing Bencher in 1996.

Details of any funeral and/or memorial service will be circulated as appropriate in due course.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't matter whether he was inspired by Marr('s music) or not,

But it does, it really does.

they're still his bass lines, and they were still a crucial contribution to, and component of the music.

Because combined with his own skills and being inspired by Marr
he contributed some great bass lines
that he hasn’t done on his own, without Marr for some reason.
And many of Marr's guitar harmonies which were added to the basic rhythm tracks, were probably inspired by Rourke's melodic basslines.

I’m sure they sparked off each other
but Marr came in with the first spark to start the fire that was The Smiths, Morrissey is the only one to keep it going, yes, he is the light that
will never go out.

That’s simply because Marr doesn’t have Morrissey to be inspired by to write
music as great as he did in the Smiths.

Morrissey inspires himself, his last record was wonderful and with Bonfire in the wings, we all can’t wait to be engulfed by its awesomeness!

VIVA MOZ !!!

:thumb:

I don't know if that's irony or not, personally I don't divide Morrissey's solo career into the simplistic 'good album/bad album' dichotomy favoured by lazy journalists, but I do think he continues to sporadically produce great songs, something Marr could never do, as he doesn't have the vocal range or the phrasing skills to coin great vocal melodies, and because he writes really shit, inane lyrics.

But it does, it really does.

Because combined with his own skills and being inspired by Marr
he contributed some great bass lines
that he hasn’t done on his own, without Marr for some reason.

I’m sure they sparked off each other

I don't know whose argument you're trying to support here. That's precisely my point. They sparked and riffed off each other, and both had a hand in the finished music of The Smiths. for which Rourke quite evidently deserves a credit on so many of their tracks.

I'd advise you don't waste your time and energy trying to have a rational conversation with Vegan Cro, still less trying to make any sense of the random nonsense that he posts.
The fake vegan has 9 fingers per each hand....
He sometimes presses to many buttons at once....
Hence the disaster we read on a daily basis....

😶
WTF? Le:frogface: 'guitar harmonies'? have the trolls here
been drinking comet juice ?:lbf:
DH Andy has made 0 listenable bass lines since
he got the👢
:hammer:

🤒
ignore magento and his 18 fingers :crazy:
been drinking 🍸
since Friday:hammer:
he has to stumble to the night shift for his once a month janitorial gig over at the jailhouse:hammer:

Yes technically Andy wrote those bass lines, but of course he couldn’t have written those exact bass lines without being inspired by Marr.

I mean, has Andy written as exciting and memorable a bass line on his own without Marr.
I read an interview where Johnny Marr said he wrote the basslines in The Smiths. Johnny Marr had to really push Andy Rourke in the recording studio as well and keep him on track. Later Andy Rourke became a heroin addict and that was stressful for Johnny Marr having to look after Andy Rourke when he was in the grips of addiction. Johnny Marr became friends with Andy Rourke when they were at school. Andy Rourke is very fortunate to have a friend like Johnny Marr.

:)
magento is going to drink a 'couple' more 🍸
so can stare down the High degree criminals he cleans
after over at the choky⛑️

your joke is not clever but you were at least coherent. six words seems to be your limit-- after that your posts become a shit show.
Any more than six words then you are out of your depth so I keep it simple with the likes of you...
Do you even know who judge weeks was ???

4rfhivca1tp41.jpg

Via a now seemingly deleted tweet.
(CBA to check that is).
FWD.

🤒
magento is googling for stuff everybody is already
reading in this threaddoh:
peeps look and learn what getting liquored up on daily
basis can do to the brain cells:hammer:

:)
magento is going to drink a 'couple' more 🍸
so can stare down the High degree criminals he cleans
after over at the choky⛑️
Who is Magento?

Morrissey is a father figure to quite a few. I have my Christian faith I believe in Father God Almighty and Lord Jesus. My Christian faith and Morrissey are what get me through these dark times. Things feel darker with each day we are in a spiritual battle and I have had a lot of rejection I feel broken at times. The whole court case thing makes me feel sick. I still can't believe Morrissey didn't win. I can't imagine going through a court case like that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom