Morrissey Central "JUST FOR ONE DAY" (February 26, 2021)

Singles

Chart Top 10

1 - MORRISSEY & DAVID BOWIE - COSMIC DANCER - 2,524
2 - DANIEL AVERY - DUSTING FOR SMOKE - 754
3 - RITON/NIGHTCRAWLERS/MUFASA - FRIDAY - 520
4 - NATHAN EVANS/220KID/BILLEN TED - WELLERMAN - 471
5 - TIESTO - THE BUSINESS - 411
6 - ELLA HENDERSON & TOM GRENNAN - LET'S GO HOME TOGETHER - 376
7 - ARIANA GRANDE - WORST BEHAVIOR - 373
8 - OLIVIA RODRIGO - DRIVERS LICENSE - 366
9 - ARIANA GRANDE - TEST DRIVE - 364
10 - ARIANA GRANDE - MAIN THING - 330

Morrissey and David Bowie's "Cosmic Dancer" single charted for one day at number 1 in the UK, but plunged to 47 by the end of the first week.

unnamed-1_maul5b.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
It may have been #1 on a chart somewhere, but it was NEVER #1 on the chart it is cited to have "plunged" down - it never happened.
Simple really.
FWD.

That it was number one. That it was just for one day is neither here nor there. Even Moz was clear on the fact that it was just for one day.

Personally I assumed it would do well as it might appeal to Bowie/Bolan and Morrissey fans.

Personally I assumed it would do well as it might appeal to Bowie/Bolan and Morrissey fans.
That makes sense, but still... a cover version? Not to mention a live cover version. It doesn't scream 'blockbuster', does it. We should all be glad it charted at all. And that Moz can still hit the charts, despite the alleged backlash.

Are we down now to count days on the charts instead of weeks?

no wonders he is obsessed now with tshirts

singles chart is out. he is not in the top 100

:lbf:

Lets ask a passing :frogface: whats Moz position on the new chart?
:frogface: replies:

broj jedan:lbf:

MR :frogface:, ANY NEWS ON THE SUPPOSEDLY ''NEW :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: CD"?

No, no new cd:oops:

Morrissey is currently number 1 on the vinyl singles chart UK.

Previously to that, he entered at number 47 on the main UK singles chart, remained there for 5 days and had dropped out of the top 100 (many previous releases haven't got in the main top 100 singles chart at all).
FWD.

The majority of those sales would have been to Bowie fans, no? I'm sort of assuming that there are many more Bowie fans in the world than Morrissey fans.
I did think about buying one but £12 for a seven-inch single? Not bloomin' likely.
I don't think the Bowie fans are the majority of the buyers honestly. They will find it on the streaming sites under their favorite artist, perhaps give it a listen so it would certainly raise the number of of streams which will also give Morrissey a tiny bit of revenues.

But 2500 copies sold is not so high, or is it? I think the majority might have been sold through the 2 Mporium websites.

This is how this single makes me feel. Most shitty release so far, and that includes the single with Rick Astley on the cover.

I can hear David Bowie crying in the afterlife.

4638B363-60A7-4410-A6E0-8CF726991675.gif

I don't think the Bowie fans are the majority of the buyers honestly. They will find it on the streaming sites under their favorite artist, perhaps give it a listen so it would certainly raise the number of of streams which will also give Morrissey a tiny bit of revenues.

But 2500 copies sold is not so high, or is it? I think the majority might have been sold through the 2 Mporium websites.
HMV, many non-import Amazon dot's and loads of Indies - all well stocked (some indies quoting 30 copies) will account for most of the sales. It was cited to be limited, but it has proved anything but.
2500 is more than enough for the number 1 outside of RSD sales where 5000 is around the average. The vinyl resurgence is still small and that has lead to the weird mixture of new and old in that particular chart - as too: the relatively small sales gaining high charting.
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom