Kettering, OH - Fraze Pavilion (Sep. 11, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I Am Hated For Loving / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Break Up The Family / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Life Is A Pigsty / Some Say I Got Devil / Hairdresser On Fire / Back On The Chain Gang // Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist by FWD via setlist.fm

Last edited:
Here are a few of the songs from the concert. Stage lighting and seat location didn't mix well with the iPhone--Morrissey looks like Casper the Friendly Ghost in the footage. The sound is pretty good though.

Alma Matters:

I Am Hated For Loving:

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore:

Break Up The Family:

Jack The Ripper:

Back On The Chain Gang:

Everyday Is Like Sunday:

In case Morrissey is reading and needs some new material for the pre-show montage, I present for your consideration the following, from another artist who has defied the music industry:

at 1:40 is a "kid encounter", but it's not during "hated" but "family"...

Were you offered a place at the rail with your child. So you could be appropriated by Morrissey and the song he was singing? He would very likely stoop so low. If not, why would you expose your child's delicate ear canals to such noise? Wouldn't a responsible parent ensure a child wear ear defenders. Or avoid the whole sordid world of Morrissey 2019.

at 1:40 is a "kid encounter", but it's not during "hated" but "family"...

That is it. It was during Break Up the Family. I guess all the excitement messed with my memory. She met a lot of nice people at the show and had such a great time. She was exhausted after a half day of school and a 4 hour drive. She has been listening with dad since she was born and I have been promising for years to bring her. Morrissey fans are the best fans and I think she felt that as everyone around us was so kind. If anyone has more pictures or videos please, please, please share. Thanks so much for all of your help!

“I think he spread himself too thin last year, by following up his ver successful Feb /March tour with more venues a few months later.”

I think this is very true. I wonder if he’s just feeling time closing in
I think he just loves touring. He likes the crowd interaction and when they get up on stage. He said in an old interview that when he's not touring he's thinking about the next tour and preparing for it, so one way or another it's always about the next tour. or words to that effect. His voice is better than ever and the fans are turning up so why wouldn't he.
"Time closing in " is just a mindset.
If you love what you're doing it's not work. Morrisseys whole life has revolved around music since he was a child and he's doing what he loves.

I think he just loves touring. He likes the crowd interaction and when they get up on stage. He said in an old interview that when he's not touring he's thinking about the next tour and preparing for it, so one way or another it's always about the next tour. or words to that effect. His voice is better than ever and the fans are turning up so why wouldn't he.
"Time closing in " is just a mindset.
If you love what you're doing it's not work. Morrisseys whole life has revolved around music since he was a child and he's doing what he loves.

The time closing in bit is just inferred from an uptick in comments he’s made about death and aging retiring sometime in the last five to ten years. It would make sense for the whole cancer thing to make anyone take stock. The covers made me think of a man contemplating his life and his past. He’d never really done that before and it felt like a change. The whole direct political engagement also felt like an out of character change when he’s been so, generally speaking, non political. All these things happening at roughly the same time in his mid to later years Does make me suspect that his choices are possibly influenced by a mid life assessment. I do agree his voice is superb and I showed up along with many more but I do think the comment about some ticket sales sagging as partially being a result of just having seen him not to long ago is true. I don’t think he needs the money so I do agree and think he loves touring and that maybe thinking about time closing in is doubly inspiring him to fit in as much of the beloved activity while he can

My 16 year old son and I were right beside you when this happened. Great moment. I did not get the picture but I will check with my son when he gets home from school today. He was trying to get a picture of that moment. Good for your daughter and good on you for bringing her.

I remember you guys. Definitely check for me. I thought it was a great show and I am glad that you got to experience it with your son. I thought it was an incredibly good setlist and his voice was in top form. Thanks in advance for checking!

Were you offered a place at the rail with your child. So you could be appropriated by Morrissey and the song he was singing? He would very likely stoop so low. If not, why would you expose your child's delicate ear canals to such noise? Wouldn't a responsible parent ensure a child wear ear defenders. Or avoid the whole sordid world of Morrissey 2019.
you have got a cheek,your lower than a snakes belly,your that low you could wear a top hat and still limbo under a snakes belly.

That is it. It was during Break Up the Family. I guess all the excitement messed with my memory. She met a lot of nice people at the show and had such a great time. She was exhausted after a half day of school and a 4 hour drive. She has been listening with dad since she was born and I have been promising for years to bring her. Morrissey fans are the best fans and I think she felt that as everyone around us was so kind. If anyone has more pictures or videos please, please, please share. Thanks so much for all of your help!
good for you,glad she enjoyed it,theres loads of videos on youtube of children of all ages singing Ms song,ignore that twit above.

good for you,glad she enjoyed it,theres loads of videos on youtube of children of all ages singing Ms song,ignore that twit above.

Thank you! I have been checking YouTube throughout the day. I don’t use a lot of social media so I don’t have Instagram or Facebook. I have been very thankful for all that have tried to help. Ideally I would like to find a nice shot that we could print and frame for her to hang in her room.

My 16 year old son and I were right beside you when this happened. Great moment. I did not get the picture but I will check with my son when he gets home from school today. He was trying to get a picture of that moment. Good for your daughter and good on you for bringing her.
I need a bit of parenting advice: would you let your 16-year-old boy go alone? My 16-year-old daughter wants to go to a Morrissey concert this tour but she doesn't know anyone else who likes him. I was thinking of sending her father with her because I'm worried that it might not be a safe environment. Does it get rowdy or violent?

(...bonus offensive rant!)

P.S. I don't post much so might as well let this out... There is nothing "racist" about being against those who - literally - throw lbgtq people from roofs. Nothing "racist" about wanting each country to maintain some form of identity (you get pissed off when a McDonalds or Walmart takes away the local feel but are ok with all of culture being mashed into mush?). I find it is only middle class whites who have been so indoctrinated to be offended by what Morrissey says. I'm amazed at all the 80's and 90's version of "woke" people that now swallow every dictate from the mainstream. Sorry if I offend you (and I actually mean it!).

Loved your review of the show. Love that he’s switching things up a bit.

...but facts are facts and xenophobia is for half-wit, scurred-ass twats. England - as masters of colonization - have ALWAYS had this “...might come back to bite me in the arse” mentality. You see brown and read what you want to read from that. You see brown and FEEL Sharia. You see brown and visualize stabbings and rapes.

You used to see black and cross the street to avoid a rape-stabbing. Before that, it was the white-lurker in the alley. Now? Just brown.

...and the basic facts don’t support your scurred-ass, xenophobic, hard-done-by comments.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...e_and_the_criminal_justice_system_2016_v2.pdf

LOVED the show review though!!!! :)

100% agree i think he will do one more book one more album and one more uk tour then goodbye

Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself was played, so can someone please update the Set list.

I’m here to help.

Viva the BRS

Rat x

I need a bit of parenting advice: would you let your 16-year-old boy go alone? My 16-year-old daughter wants to go to a Morrissey concert this tour but she doesn't know anyone else who likes him. I was thinking of sending her father with her because I'm worried that it might not be a safe environment. Does it get rowdy or violent?

It's a bit like this, but not too disturbing:

Wouldn't a dick write a post like this?

I think the days of rowdy/violent Moz gigs are mainly in the past. . If she's on her own and a sociable person, most Moz fans are pretty friendly types. She should be ok...but If I were a parent....I'd send the dad along to make sure.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom