"Kiss Me A Lot" artwork - true-to-you.net

'Kiss Me A Lot' artwork - true-to-you.net
25 March 2015

Please support Morrissey by downloading his new single 'Kiss Me A Lot', available on iTunes on the evening of March 26th onwards. Artwork for the download has been enhanced by Rob English at Atom Factory using a previously unseen photograph taken by Terry Richardson.

kiss_me_a_lot_artwork.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
He must really hate his face if he is once again using a ten year old photo.

You arent dowloading it? you obviously arent a true fan

How many times would anyone pay to download the same track if Morrissey asks them to? Is doing so is a sign of 'fandom' or mental illness? The track hasn't been remixed, remastered and the artwork is already online with a mouse-click, though who'd want it, as like the tour promo, it's featuring another Dorian Gray ghost. It's only available in Apple MP4 format, not MP3, thus excluding anyone with an Android music player.

With a bit of management forethought this could have been re-issued in time for Record Store Day with a physical 7" vinyl artefact for the completist collectors. It could have been advertised at the shows with a linked T-shirt/poster. And, of course, it could have been publicised to the wider public with an appearance on Alan Carr's show.

In other words, the usual absolute dog's dinner mess. Expect it to vanish, then for Morrissey to reprise his increasingly batty conspiracy theories about the BRITS, radio stations, record companies and so on. Anyone who has the slightest interest in Morrissey has already heard this track, any casual punter is unlikely to ever hear it now that Morrissey has once again encountered logistical problems leaving the island of Ireland.

Followers of his soap-opera career car-crashes will recall his inability to fly from Dublin in time for an Athens gig. Now we have the spectacle of him unable to connect Belfast to London on a map, thus pulling out of a chance to sell his wares to prime-time, yet resorting to desperate pleas to cajole his core audience into a repeat purchase. Purely so he can have something to negotiate with record companies for a future deal. It's pathetic. But amusing. . Nobody with any intelligence has been involved with this project so I've no idea why Morrissey thanks Atom Heart Mother or whatever they're called. I would bet that the entire staff of Harvest Records are LOL'ing with glee at this first attempt to improve on their supposed ineptitude. It's Morrissey who's inept, unmanageable. He needs to take off his tin-foil hat and decide if he's in the business of selling music to normal people or conspiracy theories to his crank hard-core fans. An entirely expected amateur hour ending to this tour.

best
BB

Last edited:
How many times would you pay to download the same track if Morrissey asks you to? Do you think doing so is a sign of 'fandom' or mental illness? The track hasn't been remixed, remastered and the artwork is already online with a mouse-click, though who'd want it, as like the tour promo, it's featuring another Dorian Gray ghost. It's only available in Apple MP4 format, not MP3, thus excluding anyone with an Android music player.

With a bit of management forethought this could have been re-issued in time for Record Store Day with a physical 7" vinyl artefact for the completist collectors. It could have been advertised at the shows with a linked T-shirt/poster. And, of course, it could have been publicised to the wider public with an appearance on Alan Carr's show.

In other words, the usual absolute dog's dinner mess. Expect it to vanish, then for Morrissey to reprise his increasingly batty conspiracy theories about the BRITS, radio stations, record companies and so on. Anyone who has the slightest interest in Morrissey has already heard this track, any casual punter is unlikely to ever hear it now that Morrissey has once again encountered logistical problems leaving the island of Ireland.

Followers of his soap-opera career car-crashes will recall his inability to fly from Dublin in time for an Athens gig. Now we have the spectacle of him unable to connect Belfast to London on a map, thus pulling out of a chance to sell his wares to prime-time, yet resorting to desperate pleas to cajole his core audience into a repeat purchase. Purely so he can have something to negotiate with record companies for a future deal. It's pathetic. But amusing. . Nobody with any intelligence has been involved with this project so I've no idea why Morrissey thanks Atom Heart Mother or whatever they're called. I would bet that the entire staff of Harvest Records are LOL'ing with glee at this first attempt to improve on their supposed ineptitude. It's Morrissey who's inept, unmanageable. He needs to take off his tin-foil hat and decide if he's in the business of selling music to normal people or conspiracy theories to his crank hard-core fans. An entirely expected amateur hour ending to this tour.

best
BB

Morrissey is now officially the Emile Heskey of the music biz, he makes a meal out of everything.

How many times would anyone pay to download the same track if Morrissey asks them to? Is doing so is a sign of 'fandom' or mental illness? The track hasn't been remixed, remastered and the artwork is already online with a mouse-click, though who'd want it, as like the tour promo, it's featuring another Dorian Gray ghost. It's only available in Apple MP4 format, not MP3, thus excluding anyone with an Android music player.

best
BB

That was me taking the piss out of marred, i do that a lot. The whole "True Fan" thing winds me up. But thanks for your reply

Morrissey is now officially the Emile Heskey of the music biz, he makes a meal out of everything.

He's a Diva who still thinks there's enough cash sloshing around in a collapsing music business to allow him to act like a 'star' when he's now firmly on the sub's bench.

I'm sure his failure to get from Belfast to London will put casuals off buying remaining tickets for Brum after Allan Carr's cancellation tweet. With no explanation, he may well remain trapped in Belfast for ever. No explanation, no excuse, just 'buy my new-song-same-as-the-old-song'. As an act of pity. Is this any more craven or undignified as the worst excesses of the BRITS sales/promotion machine? At least that's open and honest about huckstering.

Perhaps we'll get an interesting new font for the title that graphic designers can fixate on!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

That was me taking the piss out of marred, i do that a lot. The whole "True Fan" thing winds me up. But thanks for your reply

I realised and edited it to make it a wider observation. Sometimes it's difficult to discern who's being ironic and who's full on cult-casualty 'true fan'. I hope 'marred' doesn't notice as he/she hasn't shown much humour about this in the past!

best
BB

But the song is bloody awful! It is sad to say it but Morrissey has tried to write a song for the charts. What he does not realise is that the charts do not exist anymore in the way they once did. I am not exaggerating when I say I could not tell you a single song that has been in the charts this year or what the last Christmas number one was. Yet in time gone by, you would no such information even if you had no real interest.

The World Peace album had a few good songs, this is definitely not one of them, it is arguably the worst song he has ever done.

Even the plea to 'Please support Morrissey by buying this song...' It is desperation, words used by charities desperately trying to find donations for their very often good causes.

I have seen Morrissey countless times, I own all the albums, all The Smiths albums, various singles etc.. but I honestly would not go and see him if he was on the local pub now. The setlists on this tour are dreadful, top heavy with the new album. I hate the Royal family too, but the photoshop backdrops and t shirts are not funny or offensive, they are simply cringeworthy.

What happened to Morrissey, that is the debate, because this is a load of shit now!

Bobby the Bavarian Baker!

It looks to me as though this picture is from the 2004 set used for GQ magazine. I can't say I particularly like this fuzzy photo. It doesn't look like Morrissey to me. Maybe that's what he likes about it.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/music/200404/morrissey-interview-jim-nelson

He's advertised his UK arena tour with a 9 year old photo so it's no surprise that he repeats the nostalgia for a time when he wasn't visibly a late-middle aged looking man. I wonder what conspiracy theory he'll advance if this song is ignored? He can't do the Madonna Radio 1 Ageism Rant as by using ancient photos he's clearly got issues with ageing.

KMAL is an ok update to LMKY, it's a sprightly pop tune and if it had been used on a toothpaste or mouth freshener advert might have connected with a wider audience. It's out of place on WPINOYB as it's the only song that suggests human relationships are plausible and even, occasionally, fun.

If Alan Carr had made some daft Carry ON innuendos, it might have made the Radio2 playlist for a week. Now, in all probability, like WPINOYB it's almost certainly a commercial corpse. Who's to blame? *rollseyes*

best
BB

For what it's worth, we don't know yet if the single will have any b-sides or if it's a different mix/version, etc. do we? Until then, can we really get up in arms? I think he's testing the waters.

For what it's worth, we don't know yet if the single will have any b-sides or if it's a different mix/version, etc. do we? Until then, can we really get up in arms? I think he's testing the waters.

Around here? Yea. That's pretty much anyone has time to do.

Maybe a dumb question, but iTunes only? The only Windows box I have is for work and there's no way to install software on it (no Mac either)

But the song is bloody awful! It is sad to say it but Morrissey has tried to write a song for the charts. What he does not realise is that the charts do not exist anymore in the way they once did. I am not exaggerating when I say I could not tell you a single song that has been in the charts this year or what the last Christmas number one was. Yet in time gone by, you would no such information even if you had no real interest.

The World Peace album had a few good songs, this is definitely not one of them, it is arguably the worst song he has ever done.

Even the plea to 'Please support Morrissey by buying this song...' It is desperation, words used by charities desperately trying to find donations for their very often good causes.

I have seen Morrissey countless times, I own all the albums, all The Smiths albums, various singles etc.. but I honestly would not go and see him if he was on the local pub now. The setlists on this tour are dreadful, top heavy with the new album. I hate the Royal family too, but the photoshop backdrops and t shirts are not funny or offensive, they are simply cringeworthy.

What happened to Morrissey, that is the debate, because this is a load of shit now!

Bobby the Bavarian Baker!

Oh Benny, you again! If this song was written, as you claim, to be in the charts then he failed badly. There is no "DJ" involved and there aren't enough dull dance beats in it. Ha ha ha ... nice try!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom