"Kiss Me A Lot" single (digital download) released (Mar. 27, 2015)

"Kiss Me A Lot" (digital download) is now available on iTunes.

kiss_me_a_lot_artwork.jpg

UPDATE April 4:

Kiss Me A Lot: New single available for download now worldwide - true-to-you.net

Now on true-to-you.net:

Kiss Me A Lot: New single available for download now in the UK - true-to-you.net
27 March 2015

Morrissey's new single, "Kiss Me A Lot", is available for download now on iTunes in the UK.

Also:
Kiss Me A Lot: New single available for download now in the US - true-to-you.net

Last edited:
Re: Article: "Kiss Me A Lot" single (digital download) released (Mar. 27, 2015)

Absolutely, and Moz said very early on after the Harvest split that he hoped to find a label to re-issue WPINOYB, so this single shouldn't be such a surprise.

Do you really think this is a single? It'll go nowhere. No physical release, no video, no decent art work. It'll make a few dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes I think Morrissey fans live in their own world, really. I admit that from the way the release is handled it isn't quite clear which buying public Moz is trying to adress but I know at least to people personally who don't care much about Moz, therefore don't own WPINOYB, but who downloaded KMAL. Same goes for a colleague of a friend who reluctantly went with him to the concert in Leeds and now wants to download the song. So, there are other people on this planet.

Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea.

Sometimes I think Morrissey fans live in their own world, really. I admit that from the way the release is handled it isn't quite clear which buying public Moz is trying to adress but I know at least to people personally who don't care much about Moz, therefore don't own WPINOYB, but who downloaded KMAL. Same goes for a colleague of a friend who reluctantly went with him to the concert in Leeds and now wants to download the song. So, there are other people on this planet.

It's already effectively been released - last summer.
It was promoted to radio stations. 6 Music put it on their playlist and played it 3 times a day for about 3 weeks, XfM added it to theirs too. Radio 2 decided against. They are the UK's most Morrissey-friendly stations.
There's no way they're going to stick it back on their playlists again. If he released Staircase instead, then of course they would as a) it hasn't been released before and b) it' would be his strongest single in years.

Nothing beats the excitement and anticipation - the look, the feel, the sound, the smell - of hitting "BUY" for digital download of a song that I've got in three formats already.

Pass.

No physical release = not bothered.

And yet, so many people here moan "You're out of step with the times, Morrissey - sidestep the record companies, release everything digitally..."

staircase would be a better release as it hasnt been released yet but i cant stand that songs boring 80's back beat. the beginning of that song is so boring and bland it just kills me. its like a repeat of 80's pop singles of which im not a fan. gets better and convincing as it moves forward but i cant take the boring bits at the start.

It's already effectively been released - last summer.
There's no way they're going to stick it back on their playlists again. If he released Staircase instead, then of course they would as a) it hasn't been released before and b) it' would be his strongest single in years.

Releasing Staircase plus one of the extra songs from the deluxe edition of WPINOYB like "One of Our Own," and a live track from last year's shows might have actually generated some interest.

Although it's still not clear if he hopes to relaunch WPINOYB after the Harvest debacle.

Releasing Staircase plus one of the extra songs from the deluxe edition of WPINOYB like "One of Our Own," and a live track from last year's shows might have actually generated some interest.

Although it's still not clear if he hopes to relaunch WPINOYB after the Harvest debacle.

People might find this iTunes release debatable but, really, they don't have to buy it. End of story. Also, if he would release vinyl singles now, what would be left for a possible re-release of WPINOYB?

And yet, so many people here moan "You're out of step with the times, Morrissey - sidestep the record companies, release everything digitally..."

People, including me, have suggested he go the DIY route (i.e., bypass the record label). I haven't noticed clamoring for him to go digital only.

Is it definitely the same mix as the album version? When I was listening to the iTunes preview I thought I noticed some differences, but my knowledge of the album version is hardly forensic, so it might have just been stuff I hadn't noticed before.

It is hard to see the point of buying this if there isn't a B side with new or at least previously unreleased versions of existing material.

I remember anticipating a new 7/12" from the Smiths or Morrissey and the excitement of actually buying and looking at the product etc. A digital download of a track I've already got on vinyl really does feel a bit meh.

for all practical purposes, it is do it yourself. he has one step down to go and that would be to have nephew sam post the songs on itunes.
atom factory is not a label.

Nothing beats the excitement and anticipation - the look, the feel, the sound, the smell - of hitting "BUY" for digital download of a song that I've got in three formats already.

Pass.

Excellent point very well made! Fools and their money are very easily parted.

Theeeeeeen doooooooon't buuuuuuy it. JESUS CHRIST. There is a product, you don't like it, don't buy it. How many times do I have to repeat it? Quite easy to understand, actually.

If it can be legitimately released as a single, as it has now been, then it can be employed in a singles collection.

Look what is wrong with you people ? Steven has been gagged for many years now, there are dark forces at work in the music industry colluding and cajoling to stop him gaining any recognition for all his importance of being Morrissey, which is so important. You really should learn to be a bit more benevolent and purchase this regard less of artwork, b-sides etc. So come on lets be having you, tell all your friends and relatives, every house on the globe needs to have this wonderful song and let's show those nasty music industry monsters that all we need is Moz.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

A few people seem confused why this exists, it was probably planned to coexist with the live performance that was sadly cancelled, it'd make a lot more sense if that was still going ahead.

Stop moaning!
Morrissey has no record deal at the moment, "Kiss Me a Lot" is not currently available to download on iTunes, Morrissey decides to make it available again (since the album was pulled for whatever reason), it's 79 pence. Why the BIG panic about this issue? Everyone knows physical singles no longer exist apart from a few limited edition 7" vinyl singles that you have to order online. Actual physical high street record shops no longer sell them. It is a download FFS. Gone are the days you can go out and buy singles. What's the problem??

Stop moaning!
Morrissey has no record deal at the moment, "Kiss Me a Lot" is not currently available to download on iTunes, Morrissey decides to make it available again (since the album was pulled for whatever reason), it's 79 pence. Why the BIG panic about this issue? Everyone knows physical singles no longer exist apart from a few limited edition 7" vinyl singles that you have to order online. Actual physical high street record shops no longer sell them. It is a download FFS. Gone are the days you can go out and buy singles. What's the problem??

Durr, all the things u just mentioned

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom