Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Aug. 28, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Never Had No One Ever (solo debut) / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Alma Matters / What Kind Of People Live In These Houses? (live debut) / Satan Rejected My Soul/ The Lazy Sunbathers (live debut) / Knockabout World (live debut) / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / This Night Has Opened My Eyes (solo debut) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Lady Willpower / Trouble Loves Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of dogged perseverance & Carlos Rodriguez.

• Merchandise booth photo posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @HoIdenMorrissey / Twitter. Link posted by NealCassidy.

• Photo posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

• Steve Cochran - backdrop star identified by Famous when dead:

• Photos from dneur / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead:

Media item:

Last edited:
The Castle Pub, 100 Holland Park. But the bad news? Neil was at there reading a tabloid.

that's EXACTLY how i pictured it!!!

i need MORE details, b-boy!!! i need to know EVERYTHING!!
what kind of a tabloid?! what was my little love wearing? how was he sitting?! did he have stuff in his teeth? was he with anyone? where was he sitting? what year was this? did you talk to him? what did he say? was he incredibly nice and charming? was he most darling little thing you ever saw?

DETAILS, man!!

that's EXACTLY how i pictured it!!!

i need MORE details, b-boy!!! i need to know EVERYTHING!!
what kind of a tabloid?! what was my little love wearing? how was he sitting?! did he have stuff in his teeth? was he with anyone? where was he sitting? what year was this? did you talk to him? what did he say? was he incredibly nice and charming? was he most darling little thing you ever saw?

DETAILS, man!!
Sat by himself, in black, leather jacket, just like he sued to wear during that era. Was a red mast tabloid, so it'd be either The Sun or the Mirror, or might have been, might have ben The Mail, but I know it wasn't one of the highbrow papers. Sat near the bar because there was an absolute knockout behind the bar back then, Alison (who didn't notice him, LOL)

I wandered over and had a drunken rambling chat to him about Suede and the state of Brit pop in general, and that's about all I remember. Sadly for you., I'd been in the pub all day (in fact it might have been a couple of days, i used to sleep there) whereas Neil had not. But he was very polite and not once did I feel like he wanted me to move on (although I'm sure he did.) As it goes, he went back to looking at Alison and I went back to talking to Alison for I knew her well :ROFLMAO:

Sat by himself, in black, leather jacket, just like he sued to wear during that era. Was a red mast tabloid, so it'd be either The Sun or the Mirror, or might have been, might have ben The Mail, but I know it wasn't one of the highbrow papers. Sat near the bar because there was an absolute knockout behind the bar back then, Alison (who didn't notice him, LOL)

I wandered over and had a drunken rambling chat to him about Suede and the state of Brit pop in general, and that's about all I remember. Sadly for you., I'd been in the pub all day (in fact it might have been a couple of days, i used to sleep there) whereas Neil had not. But he was very polite and not once did I feel like he wanted me to move on (although I'm sure he did.) As it goes, he went back to looking at Alison and I went back to talking to Alison for I knew her well :ROFLMAO:
oh bhops, why did you have to tell me that about alison?? :(

is neil the type that ogles women? no..... it cant be.....

what did she look like?? was she chesty? or was she elegant? how old was neil then? (importantly, what hair era was this?) how could she not have noticed him?!?!

ew, i am NOT going to have pleasant dreams now. you couldve made my dreams pleasant but you DIDNT. :(

What he says right before Paris is absolutely disgusting. And there is no room for interpretation, imho. Anti vaxxing, anti goverment plans to end the pandemic & pro violence. f*** it! Why did he say that?
And the Vegas crowd celebrates this statement. This is surreal.
I interpreted it as a more generic statement. He has supported every single protest movement in France in recent years: the yellow vests, those against police violence, and presumably the current protests against vaccination passport. He likes the rebellious nature of the French and it provides him with an excuse to play his favorite song. You can also wonder what kind of revolution he wants for France, but he is not a political thinker and probably does not know.

It is probably good that nobody in the crowd shouted something along the lines of « shut up bigmouth » back to him, that would have really ruined the show and that is the last thing I would wish for, for the sake of those attendin.

oh bhops, why did you have to tell me that about alison?? :(

is neil the type that ogles women? no..... it cant be.....

what did she look like?? was she chesty? or was she elegant? how old was neil then? (importantly, what hair era was this?) how could she not have noticed him?!?!

ew, i am NOT going to have pleasant dreams now. you couldve made my dreams pleasant but you DIDNT. :(
It was the sly side glance and she was actually very elegant and quite stunning.

Why do you think he's not openly talking about vaccines & masks when there are restrictions in the UK & the USA that apply directly to him?

If he's going to explicitly support anti-vaxx violence in France?
In my eyes, you make it very easy for yourself. Because Morrissey is always soooo concrete politically and if he is, he doesn't want to have been!!!! Calling for revolution in France just shows me how far away he is and how high up in his safe ivory tower. I live just a stone throw away from the french boarder. The unrest is currently strongest in France, as far as Europe is concerned, and it is directed against the Corona policy. Such a thing is an unnecessary, arrogant statement and is only applauded by the rest of the fanbase, with whom he has fool's liberty. I thought you could differentiate a little better. Especially you.

I interpreted it as a more generic statement. He has supported every single protest movement in France in recent years: the yellow vests, those against police violence, and presumably the current protests against vaccination passport. He likes the rebellious nature of the French and it provides him with an excuse to play his favorite song. You can also wonder what kind of revolution he wants for France, but he is not a political thinker and probably does not know.

It is probably good that nobody in the crowd shouted something along the lines of « shut up bigmouth » back to him, that would have really ruined the show and that is the last thing I would wish for, for the sake of those attendin.
Maybe I should read Dodwell's newest blog entry to learn about Morrissey.

In my eyes, you make it very easy for yourself. Because Morrissey is always soooo concrete politically and if he is, he doesn't want to have been!!!! Calling for revolution in France just shows me how far away he is and how high up in his safe ivory tower. I live just a stone throw away from the french boarder. The unrest is currently strongest in France, as far as Europe is concerned, and it is directed against the Corona policy. Such a thing is an unnecessary, arrogant statement and is only applauded by the rest of the fanbase, with whom he has fool's liberty. I thought you could differentiate a little better. Especially you.

There's almost nothing in the UK or American press about unrest in France.

It makes no sense that he'd be calling for France start an actual revolution against Covid restrictions in Vegas in a room that's meant to have Covid restrictions without mentioning Covid.

@Nerak: Because he still has a kind of imaginary muzzle, is looking for a record company and still tends to give his opinion on things he has no connection to. Even if he only knows in the back of his mind, that people have been "shooting" against the government in France for weeks, that's enough for me to see that he would like to get rid of even more if only he could. But go ahead and file this under: "It's hard to live like Morrissey in these times, to embrace individual thought and independent thinking, but it seems it's more important than ever that we all try to adopt his confidence and bravery." like some other fans.

@Nerak: Because he still has a kind of imaginary muzzle, is looking for a record company and still tends to give his opinion on things he has no connection to. Even if he only knows in the back of his mind, that people have been "shooting" against the government in France for weeks, that's enough for me to see that he would like to get rid of even more if only he could. But go ahead and file this under: "It's hard to live like Morrissey in these times, to embrace individual thought and independent thinking, but it seems it's more important than ever that we all try to adopt his confidence and bravery." like some other fans.

I doubt it would even be in the back of his mind. The news has been wall to wall Afghanistan.

I doubt it would even be in the back of his mind. The news has been wall to wall Afghanistan.
It's hard to argue when people think they know what's at the back of Morrissey's mind but I think there are still remainers who absolutely agree with you.

It's hard to argue when people think they know what's at the back of Morrissey's mind but I think there are still remainers who absolutely agree with you.

You said it was in the back of his mind!

You think he's obliquely referring to a story that's of minimal interest to the Anglophone world in order to secure a record deal.

You said it was in the back of his mind!

You think he's obliquely referring to a story that's of minimal interest to the Anglophone world in order to secure a record deal.
We can't convince each other but it was still fruitful to exchange ideas with you. Thank you for that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom