Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Aug. 28, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Never Had No One Ever (solo debut) / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Alma Matters / What Kind Of People Live In These Houses? (live debut) / Satan Rejected My Soul/ The Lazy Sunbathers (live debut) / Knockabout World (live debut) / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / This Night Has Opened My Eyes (solo debut) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Lady Willpower / Trouble Loves Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of dogged perseverance & Carlos Rodriguez.

• Merchandise booth photo posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @HoIdenMorrissey / Twitter. Link posted by NealCassidy.

• Photo posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

• Steve Cochran - backdrop star identified by Famous when dead:

• Photos from dneur / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead:

Media item:

Last edited:
Based on the setlist so far, seems I made the right choice not attending, this night has opened my eyes great selection, other than that, crashing bore!
This setlist was uneventful, been there done that, 4 covers of no consequence, why not use this opportunity to replace tired songs and utilize Alain with There is a place, Sing your Life, Tomorrow, Last night I dreamt, and dare I say...Whatever happens....that would be Vegas mystique!

Not even one new song off the new album?
Not one song off the last album?
He's playing the setlist of 3 YEARS AGO!
Hopefully it's a new setlist every night.

I always wonder why I quit going here 15 years ago but shite takes like this remind me

Weird that I expect Morrissey songs at a Morrissey concert?

Not the set list I hoped for. On one hand, songs like Munich and If You Don’t are finally removed, but he’s still playing the bulk of the 2019/20 songs with a few nice exceptions. With Alain back on board and the enforced break he could really have done a new set. Here’s betting Never Had No One is dropped after one show as other Smiths songs have been before.

Some amusing comments here...

Obviously he could cut a couple of the covers, though it's always been common for him to play lots of stuff from the previous 2 or 3 albums, but lots of changes from the shows last year.

A couple of songs by The Smiths are the most interesting of course, but several other songs are classics.

I dunno, if he replaced 3 of those covers (Willpower, Starship, Wedding) with 3 songs he's played in the last 2-3 years (maybe...I Won't Share You, Hairdresser, Once I Saw the River Clean), I'd be really happy with that setlist.

I hoped for more surprises but overall I thought it probably wouldn't deviate much from the 2 shows in 2020. IMHO, it's a bit of an underwhelming setlist for Morrissey's grand return to live performing.

Edit: I will acknowledge that it's awesome he live debuted 2 Smiths songs!

Last edited:
Lazy Sunbathers
Knockabout World

Were Jim Jim Falls and Houses done as being reported on setlist.fm? -

That's looking right - my observations were from intro & Sunbathers - Alma confirmed
Setlist.fm didn't show until after it ended.
FWD.

It's been played to death but it's genuinely surprising that First of the Gang To Die wasn't played with Alain returning.

Is this the live debut of Sunbathers?

It's been played to death but it's genuinely surprising that First of the Gang To Die wasn't played with Alain returning.

Yes.
FWD.

Well, I've got the audio rip from Sunbathers -> end of show.
Just need the beginning and should be able to cobble a gig out of it.
Bed calls.
FWD.

When I first saw it posted I thought it was All The Lazy Dykes, then it sunk in. Cool debut, need more of these and less California Son songs.

Is This Night Had Opened My Eyes also a solo live debut?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom