Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Sep. 5, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Morning Starship / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Never Had No One Ever / Half A Person / Love Is On Its Way Out / Satan Rejected My Soul / The Lazy Sunbathers / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Lady Willpower / Back On The Chain Gang / Irish Blood, English Heart // Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of Cynthia Medellin's FB broadcast & FWD

• Photos posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited:
Security was very rough with a few potential stage invaders. Not sure how much of it Moz saw. Jesse kicked someone in the crowd before the solo in Jack The Ripper. Looked in response to a fight in the first few rows in front of him.

The Livestream last night was amazing. Everyone commented on the steadiness of it and it lagged only a handful of times. Enthusiastic fans on FB as well! Not once did I feel distracted from the screen as the songs flowed from one to the next easily. Felt good 👍👍❤️

Has anyone at all acknowledged why there were no new songs played? I mean, could be a couple of reasons why but I’d like to know. The approach since 2002 has been to preview new material at shows prior to release, but now seems like a completely relevant time and place to do this …
My guess is that he doesn't want condemn the new songs to a half-life in YouTube as bad quality versions. Surely he remembers how the batch in 2011 was received, the last time he performed unreleased songs without having a record contract.

Thank you Las Vegas for bringing normal back. In a world of the tryanical left you gave us Moz back. No lockdowns, freedom wins

My guess is that he doesn't want condemn the new songs to a half-life in YouTube as bad quality versions. Surely he remembers how the batch in 2011 was received, the last time he performed unreleased songs without having a record contract.

good guess. Maybe he’ll mention why in the next interview, whenever that will be.

After reading the setlist and watching the live stream. I know i made a grave mistake not going. I not only sold a ticket I got offered a ticket and hotel twice.

Yet another regret to the ever-growing list . I just hope my hunch that gigs will be announced soon, is true

This surely makes sense. Seems to be radio silence on all things bonfire at the moment. Maybe it’s been ‘locked down’ by a potential record deal or something.
2002 seemed more relevant to do new songs as that was of course before socials/YouTube.
although I remember being Moz being surprised to see half of the crowd singing along to FOTGTD and (eurgh) Mexico. Good old Limewire.

Last edited:
Thank you Las Vegas for bringing normal back. In a world of the tryanical left you gave us Moz back. No lockdowns, freedom wins
I have seen a few gigs in the UK, where the under the 40s have quite obviously moved on,
Its a shame if the mask aspect carries on, i guess we will have to get used to it, if it does

Could anyone tell me the site thats been streaming?
Facebook live on the "Morrissey" FB group.
Due to changes with FB groups, most have gone private to stop spammers joining.
I used to be able to share a link, but it won't work now as a result.
You will find yesterday's stream in full shared in this thread to download should you wish.
Regards,
FWD.

Has anyone at all acknowledged why there were no new songs played? I mean, could be a couple of reasons why but I’d like to know. The approach since 2002 has been to preview new material at shows prior to release, but now seems like a completely relevant time and place to do this …
I agree that there are various fears:

1) a new song is subjected to mockery here and the world-wide protests and riots to prevent 'Kid's A Looker' from being released return, but for another drecky song which the 'clueless consumers' openly educate, agitate and organise, threatening global thermonuclear war as happened before.

2) A deal has been inked but the label marketing department want to go for the 'opening weekend ' surprise stuff, hoping to flog enough to recoup costs before Cancel Culture goes berserk over possibly incendiary lyrics to the title track.

Given the horror unfolding in Kabul recently, now would have been a time to make a maximum impact by pointing out that Salman Abedi & his bro were refugee children and we may be lining up the next Manchester Arena atrocity exhibition by granting asylum to the wider family networks of those who assisted the USuk alliance in the failed attempts to neutralise the Taliban these past 20 years.

N.B I personally agree with the decision to grant generous asylum despite the risks.

I assume Team Morrissey will now say to the next label: "Lookit! We can sell merch to the core Stockholm Syndrome delusional 'fans' so if you give this BOT project a massive advertising spend we can rope the flyover states back in and build back better ending with The Morrissey Mid-West Sheds Tour'!"

Morrissey will play along until the first sales figures come in then he'll resort to petulant tantrums and trolling complex political issues if 'being nice' doesn't work.

The entire Guardian liberalista cadres will be poised to attack if the public show signs of forgiveness over past 'faux-pas'. The last album was excellent but the press were ready to demolish it but didn't have to bother because the pandemic did the job.

I'm pretty hard-core about Free Sprech. Morrissey pisses me off, not because he may have 'right-wing' views but because I don't think his interest in politics is sincere or motivated by anything beyond progressing his career via fake outrage and controversy. He tells his 'fans' to 'stop watching the news', maybe he should too.

BB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom