Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
I'm finding the BtBB review totally mystifying to be perfectly frank, it really does not hold up to any form of scrutiny.

...why would a known hater, travel from wherever it lives to Leeds, spend c.£100 on say 2 tickets (assuming he took Little Benny for example), maybe another c.£50 refreshments, c.£20 parking, or more if they travelled by train, so c.£200 ...to go & watch a Moz gig, an artist they hate with a passion, & which they have absolutely no interest in?

Just to see what it might be like, or how bad it actually could be, to then write, justify, and expect us to actually believe, their 'review' on here?

Lunacy of the highest degree, or sheer fantasy? It makes no sense whatsoever & so my conclusion is it's all fakery of the lowest order with mischievous intent.

Similar could be said for Nerak:

Wouldn't travel from London to Leeds to support he whom she describes as God.
Why wouldn't she spend c.£100 on say 2 tickets (assuming she had any non-imaginary friends) maybe another c.£50 refreshments, c.£20 parking, or more if they travelled by train, so c.£200 ...to go & watch a Moz gig, an artist they claim to love with a passion, & which they have seemingly little interest in seeing live?

How can we be expected to believe, their 'comments' on here?

Lunacy of the highest degree, or sheer fantasy? It makes no sense whatsoever & so my conclusion is it's all fakery of the lowest order with mischievous intent.

I'm finding the BtBB review totally mystifying to be perfectly frank, it really does not hold up to any form of scrutiny.

...why would a known hater, travel from wherever it lives to Leeds, spend c.£100 on say 2 tickets (assuming he took Little Benny for example), maybe another c.£50 refreshments, c.£20 parking, or more if they travelled by train, so c.£200 ...to go & watch a Moz gig, an artist they hate with a passion, & which they have absolutely no interest in?

Just to see what it might be like, or how bad it actually could be, to then write, justify, and expect us to actually believe, their 'review' on here?

Why didn’t you go to the Leeds gig, didn’t you say you lived up North?

You’ve got it all wrong.
Just to mess your head even more.

I traveled by car
I had three tickets
Lovely hotel accommodation
Refreshments cost a lot more than £50

?? :knife:

You’ve got it all wrong.
Just to mess your head even more.

I traveled by car
I had three tickets
Lovely hotel accommodation
Refreshments cost a lot more than £50

LOL...that certainly answers the question for me.
Complete fake. Complete nutjob.
I'll disregard whatever you said as per your review, and anything which you might have to say in the future. Hope you enjoyed your 3 seconds of 'fame'.
Bonkers.

I’m off to Manchester now.
I’ll be hanging around the Northern Quarter if you want to pop along and join in the fun. Few beers and a look round the quirky shops.
Great way to spend Sunday.
(Got my hand gel so don’t worry)

Laters

luckily was travelling Thursday and able to last minute change my belfast -> leeds on flybe to easyjet to liverpool and then train to leeds
My LBA flight was cancelled too - thought of going Thursday but it didn't suit. Considered Liverpool boat from Belfast but everything was working out too dear. Staying in London 3 nights instead, yeoo!!

Was that the bloke that got dragged out by his mate about 5 mins before moz come on because he was pissed, imagine spending all that money for a ticket and then getting f***ed and not knowing what’s going on, what a f***ing waster... stay at home next time you gimp
Think that was next to me ...
Short arse late 40's brown hair ?
( that's not me btw )

Guardian in another Steve Bell race row... if they did review Morrissey, it would be interesting to see how much would be about his Terrible Political Opinions.

20200308_135000.jpg

It was a great sign when C'mon Everybody by Eddie Cochran came on the pre-show video, this was the very track that first got me into Morrissey strangely enough. I had borrowed the compilation Now That's What I Call Music 11 from a friend for this song alone and the song that immediately followed was Suedehead which began to fascinate me like nothing before - this was somewhere between the release dates of Interesting Drug and Ouija Board, Ouija Board in 1989.

Just had to work out this was my 27th Morrissey show in 29 years, and the last 8 I have been right down the front but not last night as I fancied my chances against the coronavirus a bit further back.

There were a lot of people there, it may not have sold out of course but do people forget that Morrissey was playing in much smaller venues in 2006 when he had a number 1 album and just a couple of years after his big comeback? Some would've surely given it a miss due to the virus also so I really don't believe the odd leftie not attending made much difference.

The crowd looked well into it from where I was stood and it certainly gives you a taste for it and makes me think about the London date next week, but after Morrissey Friday night, Elvis Costello last night and Julian Cope in a couple of weeks, I really better not...

Overall, it was an excellent show, the voice was fantastic, the setlist was maybe a 7.5/10, but if he had played a few more from the new album and maybe a couple more solo classics instead of If You Don't Like Me and Some Say I Got Devil then it would've been an 8.5/10, having said that I think there were 11 songs I had not seen him perform before which is great - How Soon Is Now might be one of his greatest songs but I have heard it so many times before I didn't miss it.

It was a great sign when C'mon Everybody by Eddie Cochran came on the pre-show video, this was the very track that first got me into Morrissey strangely enough. I had borrowed the compilation Now That's What I Call Music 11 from a friend for this song alone and the song that immediately followed was Suedehead which began to fascinate me like nothing before - this was somewhere between the release dates of Interesting Drug and Ouija Board, Ouija Board in 1989.

Just had to work out this was my 27th Morrissey show in 29 years, and the last 8 I have been right down the front but not last night as I fancied my chances against the coronavirus a bit further back.

There were a lot of people there, it may not have sold out of course but do people forget that Morrissey was playing in much smaller venues in 2006 when he had a number 1 album and just a couple of years after his big comeback? Some would've surely given it a miss due to the virus also so I really don't believe the odd leftie not attending made much difference.

The crowd looked well into it from where I was stood and it certainly gives you a taste for it and makes me think about the London date next week, but after Morrissey Friday night, Elvis Costello last night and Julian Cope in a couple of weeks, I really better not...

Overall, it was an excellent show, the voice was fantastic, the setlist was maybe a 7.5/10, but if he had played a few more from the new album and maybe a couple more solo classics instead of If You Don't Like Me and Some Say I Got Devil then it would've been an 8.5/10, having said that I think there were 11 songs I had not seen him perform before which is great - How Soon Is Now might be one of his greatest songs but I have heard it so many times before I didn't miss it.

He's proved his core support is rock solid.

As I said: he’s a deeply confused individual in need of help. :)

If by 'rock solid' you mean 'down by over 50%' then you're spot on.
I think you're wrong and I'll tell you why. The hardcore fanbase is still right here where they always were because when you've followed Moz to the four corners of the UK and back again over several years you get to know people personally and by face and those fans are still onboard, they're at pre gig meets, aftershows, Star & Garter and were at Leeds on Friday. I have to accept some 'faces' might have dropped off but the thousands you suggest are not the hardcore who have followed Moz for decades. Fairweather snowflakes are what your on about and that ain't 50% of his fanbase.

Anyboody have a list of the pre-show music/film? I really enjoyed it.

My second Moz gig, better than the first... setlist from the outside view could be seen as average but experiencing it was very different, enjoyed every second of it apart from Munich which just bores me (even from the first time), long live with the one true Poet Laurette

You're not the core. You're the 'easily put off by media hysteria & won back by same' outer layer.
Nope, not quite. Try 'boycotting until muddled, politically-clueless pop star retracts his official support for far-right party'.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom