Lil Wayne wears Smiths t-shirt

All I am saying...

This board was brought to my attention the other day as there was a link here over on Phantasy Tour. (Phish Message Board)

http://phantasytour.com/bands/1/topics/2557261/posts

You would be surprised what groups of people enjoy the music of the Smiths. It does not make the Smiths any better or worse. It also should not raise an artist in your eyes because of what is on their iPod. What? "Right Above it" sucked until you saw the album cover for "Not a Human Being" and now it is a powerful piece?

It'll not make him be a better person. I hate rappers and everything they call as "culture". They don't know to sing.. to write songs...
To easily dismiss rap as unartistic or that they do not know how to "sing" or "write songs" shows how narrow minded you are. Eminem has a delivery and flow that you could probably not mimic if I offered you $100 through paypal to emulate. Biggy had that lazy delivery that defined and added to his songs.

There is not simply one style of music and there are masters of all genre's. You should probably get out and try some new things out. Sometimes there is more than just the indie, garage, hipster bands out there.

(Ok so maybe I will post once in awhile...)
lol

To easily dismiss rap as unartistic or that they do not know how to "sing" or "write songs" shows how narrow minded you are. Eminem has a delivery and flow that you could probably not mimic if I offered you $100 through paypal to emulate. Biggy had that lazy delivery that defined and added to his songs.

lol

What I think 'bout rap I think 'bout axé.
If you think they are good, ok. Listen them by yourself.
I respect your opinion..

Biggie might be my favourite lyricist of the 20th century that isn't Morrissey. No sarcasm.

Tags
threadoftheday
Back
Top Bottom