Linda

HousingOfficer

I blame my mother
I read with interest an interview Mozza gave in the Guardian back in 2005. In it he claimed Linda McCartney was the only women he's met who, had circumstances been different, he would have contemplated marrying.....great choice Mr M, she was a special lady.

Sounds to me like the media twisting his words yet again. Why is this even posted as news if your source is from 2005?

That's news to me too HousingOfficer. Your place must look like mine - piled up with newspapers and cereal packets from decades ago. Mind you those old News of the World editions might actually be worth something now. I wonder what he could have meant "if circumstances had been different"? Suppose he was meaning if she hadn't already been married to Mr McCartney. Or is there another explanation I wonder?...

You sure the reference was to Linda (Eastman) McCartney and not Linder "I've got a camera" Sterling?

I read with interest an interview Mozza gave in the Guardian back in 2005. In it he claimed Linda McCartney was the only women he's met who, had circumstances been different, he would have contemplated marrying.....great choice Mr M, she was a special lady.

I've never heard that quote before but PETA gave him the Linda McCartney Memorial Award in 2005, so I'm assuming it was said in relation to that? In his acceptance speech he said they'd never met but had been pen pals for several years, and Paul said Linda was "very into Morrissey, writing him letters all the time". It's a pity she couldn't do the backing vocals on "Frankly, Mr. Shankly" when Moz and Johnny asked her, I would have liked to hear it.
They're not such an unusual couple - Linda McCartney and Morrissey have done more for vegetarianism and animal rights than anyone else in the whole entertainment industry.

I've never heard that quote before but PETA gave him the Linda McCartney Memorial Award in 2005, so I'm assuming it was said in relation to that? In his acceptance speech he said they'd never met but had been pen pals for several years, and Paul said Linda was "very into Morrissey, writing him letters all the time". It's a pity she couldn't do the backing vocals on "Frankly, Mr. Shankly" when Moz and Johnny asked her, I would have liked to hear it.
They're not such an unusual couple - Linda McCartney and Morrissey have done more for vegetarianism and animal rights than anyone else in the whole entertainment industry.

I always thought Linda was the best Beatle. Moz is one of those where the wives and females like him and the men think "what is going on, he is a wally"

I always thought Linda was the best Beatle. Moz is one of those where the wives and females like him and the men think "what is going on, he is a wally"

I always thought it was the other way around, strangely enough. I'm going slightly off-topic here, but last week I was on my way to the York gig and got talking to a few male fans in the same carriage- they were astounded that a woman would want to go to a Morrissey gig. Colour me speechless(!).

ha ha ha!
I expect it depends on the kind of "man" and the kind of "women"..... Some people are THICK- I have met my share of Moz fans and some are just silly- one lot started going on about "people from overseas" (yawn), another lot were football wally types (big bellies, 2 + 2 thinkers, "I drink beer me, er in doors") then you have the "indie" fashion victims.... who think Moz is either like a Jarvis or a Thom York type.
Most of these have been from modern times, I can't remember fans being this silly in the 90s- I really DO think fans (in the main) and artist had a better understanding back then...
Sorry to travel further off topic

I always thought it was the other way around, strangely enough. I'm going slightly off-topic here, but last week I was on my way to the York gig and got talking to a few male fans in the same carriage- they were astounded that a woman would want to go to a Morrissey gig. Colour me speechless(!).

Lordy, wasn't there a thread on here about half a million years ago called "What is the attraction to Morrissey for female fans?" I can't remember exactly how it all went down as i had to be elsewhere, face palming forever.

Anyway, ON TOPIC... Linda; lovely lady; lovely mozzarella burgers.

Lordy, wasn't there a thread on here about half a million years ago called "What is the attraction to Morrissey for female fans?" I can't remember exactly how it all went down as i had to be elsewhere, face palming forever.

Anyway, ON TOPIC... Linda; lovely lady; lovely mozzarella burgers.

I remember that thread- barmy. I do not understand that viewpoint at all.

And yes, the mozzarella burgers are heavenly.

Haven't tried the mozzarella burgers. Were they named after Moz? I do like the sausages.

Sounds to me like the media twisting his words yet again. Why is this even posted as news if your source is from 2005?

Yeah, it's news to me as well. Who the f*** cares if it's labled as news or not - this ain't a library. It's So-Low. Wait a second...oh, yeah...

Back
Top Bottom