"List of the Lost" review in NME; media mentions

An anonymous person writes (original post):

Here's another review, this time from the NME. Interesting that the NME have been full of gushing praise for Moz for the last couple of years, but even they are slagging the book off:

"List Of The Lost is a confused, often quite embarrassing slab of cringeworthy sex, clichés and bizarre, stilted dialogue...
Imagine Morrissey bent double, pumping away at his bulbous salutation, and you’ve imagined his book."

Morrissey - 'List Of The Lost' by Jordan Bassett (2 of 5) - NME.com
A bizarrely cringeworthy and overblown debut from the musical icon

An anonymous person also writes (original post):

The NME presents: 'Nine nice things to say about Morrissey's much-ridiculed debut novel', so hurrah! - some positivity...though admittedly they also refer to List of the Lost as an 'unreadable pamphlet' and 'a book so embarrassing it’s like seeing your dad wanking.'

Nine Nice Things To Say About Morrissey's Much-Ridiculed Debut Novel by Jordan Bassett - NME blog

Forget Morrissey’s ‘bulbous salutation’, here are my good sex awards by Flic Everett - Comment is free / The Guardian
The singer’s debut novel has been deservedly mocked for its lurid sex scenes. If only he’d studied Flaubert, Kundera or Chaucer before he started writing …

Gaia Vince, Oliver Morton and the verdict on Morrissey – books podcast - The Guardian

Last edited by a moderator:
I find kl uncle to be trite but not awful. Ringleader is aweful. Southpaw is also close to being aweful. More meandering I guess and kinda bland in formless kind of way

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom