London - The SSE Arena Wembley (Mar. 14, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

London / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / Satan Rejected My Soul / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / Once I Saw The River Clean / Half A Person / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Wedding Bell Blues / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage // Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy

Last edited:
Meeting people in Knightsbridge. I hope they spoke English cause you know he hates all those foreign accents when he goes on his Harrod’s shopping spree buying that piece of England, we’ll piece of Arabia.

Don't misunderstand me, I adore Morrissey.

This is a good review of the Wembley concert.

but I'll add a whinge anyway - I'm so sick of the monstering he's getting. His Terrible Views are hardly in his life & they aren't in his work AT ALL. Make It End.

Don't misunderstand me, I adore Morrissey.

Actually he said he liked the people - he just missed the old culture.

I came across a book from the 1940s lamenting that all the Chinese had left Limehouse & it wasn't the same.

People miss cultures, the way they miss their childhoods - it doesn't even mean they hate the new culture. The just wish the old one was still around.

Meeting people in Knightsbridge. I hope they spoke English cause you know he hates all those foreign accents when he goes on his Harrod’s shopping spree buying that piece of England, we’ll piece of Arabia.

London was like that in the 70's. I remember going to London and seeing Arabs, full of oil money, in traditional arab garb walking out of limonenes...it was the first time i'd ever seen anyone like that. It was weird.

Actually he said he liked the people - he just missed the old culture.

I came across a book from the 1940s lamenting that all the Chinese had left Limehouse & it wasn't the same.

People miss cultures, the way they miss their childhoods - it doesn't even mean they hate the new culture. The just wish the old one was still around.

Sometimes people miss a way of living. But sometimes we miss our own lives as they were in the past, when everything seemed more simple, we had hope and we knew less about human nature and things in general.

It’s better to live in the present. The past was never perfect anyway, if you’re honest. You only foul up your future and others when you opt for toxic nostalgia.

Guilty of personally insulting another poster on this thread just now, but am glad to see you, FWD, as a moderator.

Does this mean that anybody who makes repeated hateful posts will be banned from now on?

I sincerely hope so.
That would be lovely, but the forum would be empty. Besides, skinny has so many aliases that it would be a full time job to try and ban them all.

Guilty of personally insulting another poster on this thread just now, but am glad to see you, FWD, as a moderator.

Does this mean that anybody who makes repeated hateful posts will be banned from now on?

I sincerely hope so.
Which would be great, wouldn't it if there was actual consistency and zero favouritism? Sadly I don't see any of that. All I see is trolls calling the shots, posts being deleted at the behest of certain individuals, & a mod in denial. For example, skinny can call someone a 'thick c***' & the post is surprisingly permitted, compared to someone else calling him a 'c***' which either never appears or it get quickly removed. Joke of a forum with selective censorship.

It’s better to live in the present. The past was never perfect anyway, if you’re honest. You only foul up your future and others when you opt for toxic nostalgia.
Heidegger said something similar to Germans critical of Hitler, in the 1930s.

The setlist debates seem to come up in every thread for every show. Most performing artists who are still producing new material naturally play mainly songs from their most recent albums. Morrissey is no different and his setlists have always been dominated by songs from recent albums. 9 out of 16 songs on Beethoven was Deaf (recorded from London and Paris shows two days apart in 1992) are from Your Arsenal and there are zero Smiths songs. This tour was even advertised as being in promotion of I Am Not a Dog on a Chain. There's no deep, hidden, loyalty-testing statement here. He's just playing mainly his most recent songs, with some well-chosen picks from the back catalogue.

Whether you like the more recent songs or not is a different question and can be debated, but the choice of mainly recent songs shouldn't be a surprise. From my view at the front, at least, I saw many fans perfectly happy to hear LIHS and California Sun songs and even singing along all the words to I Am Not A Dog on a Chain songs that have only been performed once or twice before.

Artists are constantly trying new things. Could we even imagine someone with undeniable gifts of creativity like Morrissey keeping the same sound and style over the course of a 38 year-long career? There are many times I wish I had been of age in the 80's and 90's to have seen The Smiths and Morrissey perform those songs then, but I can hardly blame him for doing something new.
There were three songs from the new album on the set list.

There were three songs from the new album on the set list.

The original poster alludes to that.
The first night in Aberdeen two years ago had 9/12 LIHS. By the time it reached South America in the November it was down to 3 (and one cover)

Did anyone who went to this show end up getting the virus? Or know people who then went on to have it? (Genuinely interested, as it was supposed to be the height of irresponsibility for this show to go ahead, at the time.)

Can anyone tell me who the I've Changed My Plea To Guilty backdrop is of or where it is from? Thanks

Attachments

• Guilty Backdrop.jpg
    Guilty Backdrop.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 492
Did anyone who went to this show end up getting the virus? Or know people who then went on to have it? (Genuinely interested, as it was supposed to be the height of irresponsibility for this show to go ahead, at the time.)
Not a single person who attended Wembley caught so much as a cold.

The whole 'pandemic' thing is a HOAX. It is simply the yearly flu virus.

But woe be tide anyone who speaks out against the official agenda. They've just banned David Icke from Youtube and Facebook for airing opinions on the matter.

Short review of the night in Vive le Rick magazine, found on Instagram

After searching forever, I finally found one of the pre-show (pre-videos) songs from this tour, which had even evaded my Shazam app: Musik by Marianne Mendt. I should have known to check Eurovision entries from the 60s and 70s. Enjoy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom