Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Glamorous Glue / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Kiss Me A Lot / When You Open Your Legs / How Soon Is Now? / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

Last edited:

Has L.A. ever officially declared a day for another single artist?

Elvis? M.Jackson ? Sinatra? etc ?

a wonderful set btw ! , 50,000,000 Moz fans can't go wrong. :thumb:

No because the local council persons at the time weren't huge nut job fans of Elvis and co and didn't abuse their powers and duties just to meet their idol.

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

So just to break it all down then.

22 songs in total =
7 new
6 covers
9 going through the motions chug along oldies

Plus a huge amount of top dollar tatty merchandise and a mugging on the ticket price for the fun of it.

7 new songs out of 22 wow !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

How can this be redundant?

Reckon me just woke up from a long night and had to pay for a taxi from Malibu all the way to La Crescenta. Time to get ready and do it all again. First, pescatarian
William Michael Albert Broad did not "bring the house down". Hardly anyone was there during his set and I was in the inner pool section. If this was Albertsons Hall, Argogogon Ballroom, or Glastenburry Festival everyone would be bitching about how Steve just phoned it in, but in Moz Angeles Uncle Steve and lil' Sammy could just come out on stage and play catch and everyone would go ape shit top mental. Steve acted like the pre-gig meal was a gigantic bowl of Aunt Nancy's pasta with marinara sauce and a loaf of Italian bread. He is just too comfortable in his hometown. He dropped the mic (by accident) a bunch of times and was saying all this innuendo sarcastic shit away from the mic. Surprised First of the Gang was not in the set or Ganglord. BTW, the huge silver and black tour bus does not have Steve and the band. Mango and lil' sausage fingers Jesse live in LA like Steve and drive separately. I don't know how Boz and the drummer get there, whatever his name is.

There's 444 tickets onsale now at Ticketmaster, not their 'Get Me In' re-sale site. And there's 389 available on Viagogo. There are other re-sale sites with more tickets. It isn't a sell-out tonight and wasn't last night. What this shows is that the scalpers/touts got it wrong & will be left with unsold tickets. Which is nice.

Gigs now routinely are listed as 'sold out' when they're not. The artists/promoters & ticket agencies are scamming, trying to create 'artificial scarcity'. They hold back tickets hoping to flog them for huge sums on official re-sales sites at inflated prices. Then if they fail to sell them all (as in this case) they return those tickets to the main selling site at the original prices. There's no doubt Morrissey can comfortably sell out a single night at the Hollywood Bowl but there is a great deal of doubt about any claim that he has sold out 2 nights in succession. The evidence is against that conclusion. There are loads of tickets for the second show and there were a fair few for the opening night. My original calculation of 95% for Fri and 90% for Saturday remains backed up by evidence. It' also clear that the public are recoiling from Morrissey's pricing strategies both in the US and the UK. Beyond 'the cult' there is real resistance to paying so much money for a 75 minute set from a singer who cannot project to a large audience as his stagecraft only really works in intimate venues. Even 'Morrissey Day' couldn't fill out both nights.

What you're describing is the same for EVERY "Sold out" artist/event nowadays.

I've attended several "sold out" events in the past month. And last nights show was pretty great turnout. So why are you even posting this other than to try to give the impression its only Morrissey? As if he controls the way the tickets are sold? It has to do with the business, promoters, etc. Remember years back when Pearl Jam tried to change the way business handles ticket sales? Artists dont really have much control over these matters.

The pictures of the crowd really bothers you that much?

There's 444 tickets onsale now at Ticketmaster, not their 'Get Me In' re-sale site. And there's 389 available on Viagogo. There are other re-sale sites with more tickets. It isn't a sell-out tonight and wasn't last night. What this shows is that the scalpers/touts got it wrong & will be left with unsold tickets. Which is nice.

Gigs now routinely are listed as 'sold out' when they're not. The artists/promoters & ticket agencies are scamming, trying to create 'artificial scarcity'. They hold back tickets hoping to flog them for huge sums on official re-sales sites at inflated prices. Then if they fail to sell them all (as in this case) they return those tickets to the main selling site at the original prices. There's no doubt Morrissey can comfortably sell out a single night at the Hollywood Bowl but there is a great deal of doubt about any claim that he has sold out 2 nights in succession. The evidence is against that conclusion. There are loads of tickets for the second show and there were a fair few for the opening night. My original calculation of 95% for Fri and 90% for Saturday remains backed up by evidence. It' also clear that the public are recoiling from Morrissey's pricing strategies both in the US and the UK. Beyond 'the cult' there is real resistance to paying so much money for a 75 minute set from a singer who cannot project to a large audience as his stagecraft only really works in intimate venues. Even 'Morrissey Day' couldn't fill out both nights.

If the pictures of the Sold Out" crowd at show time bother you that much, just ignore those and look at the one of the soundcheck instead. :crazy::lbf:

Security acting like bitches all night. Power trip cocksuckers. The fat ass and the dork in the white jumper. f*** em all

Security acting like bitches all night. Power trip cocksuckers. The fat ass and the dork in the white jumper. f*** em all
Do you think that people go into security because they are pacifistic well adjusted individuals?
I always thought it was for people that were either too fat or too stupid to become police officers.

So the setlist is the same night after night, but it's longer than usual by 20-30 minutes, so at least he's got that going for him which is nice.

Not just night after night ! Tour after tour with just 7 new songs added. SEVEN (7) :eek: NEW SONGS OUT OF TWENTY TWO (22) the rest of the set are just old clunkers chugging along and still reliant on Smiths songs after all these years :sleeping:
What a leg end.

Do you think that people go into security because they are pacifistic well adjusted individuals?
I always thought it was for people that were either too fat or too stupid to become police officers.

Morrissey's head of security is a Big Fat American Piece of Shit. He had his hands full handling a 100 lb girl in Portland during the last tour. He last less than 5 mins in Millwall.

Not just night after night ! Tour after tour with just 7 new songs added. SEVEN (7) :eek: NEW SONGS OUT OF TWENTY TWO (22) the rest of the set are just old clunkers chugging along and still reliant on Smiths songs after all these years :sleeping:
What a leg end.

I know, Benny. I'm as baffled as anyone why it doesn't change much from one tour to the next.
The version of Suedehead from last night was an utter piss-take. But he sang beautifully for the most part.
I'm ok with watching from the cost free screen of my computer. I'd rather not meet Morrissey fans in the flesh anyhow. They're crazy.

Morrissey's head of security is a Big Fat American Piece of Shit. He had his hands full handling a 100 lb girl in Portland during the last tour. He last less than 5 mins in Millwall.
Are you talking about the poor girl that was crushed beneath his blubber at Edgefield for attempting to get a hug? That was f***ing disgraceful to watch.

Don’t get why they agree to look like tits or why Boz always looks bored shitless or why Jessie pulls such hideous faces while playing relatively simple lead guitar parts. If they think they look cool, they are really are stupid pricks.

At least you got the apostrophe in the right place. Benny does really give himself away with his poor grammar. The lost generation.
Pilgrimupnorth

Are you talking about the poor girl that was crushed beneath his blubber at Edgefield for attempting to get a hug? That was f***ing disgraceful to watch.

That's the incident I'm talking about. It is obvious that he has no formal training and only has his overweight frame to intimidate fans. Anyone with a plan or a weapon could easily inflict harm on the band or crew.

Has L.A. ever officially declared a day for another single artist?

Elvis? M.Jackson ? Sinatra? etc ?

Since Google is obviously down for you at the moment...

It seems like this is something LA has been doing since 2011. A by no means complete list of people and things honoured with their own day since then:

It's a Wonderful Life
Bob Marley
Kobe Bryant
Oingo Boingo
Donovan
Stan Lee
La La Land
P-22 (a famous zoo lion, apparently)
X (the band)
Dwight Howard
Morrissey

Took My Kids to See Morrissey last night..
For me it was an okay show.. for them.. they were excited to see him Live for the 1st time Together.
The Crowd was not into the new songs what’s so Ever & I’ve seen more energetic shows from him. He didn't even have the Big Jumbo Monitors on.. I was in Section F and could barly see him.. I feel bad for everyone that sat in the far back.. that couldn't even see his face.
I really wished he would of put more of an effort for The Hollywood Bowl instead of his Videos of bitching & complaining. And Seriously.. did he come out last night? Seems like it..
Great to see him announce his Official Day in Los Angeles.. I just thought that the performance would be a little extra special. Hopefully he switches up the Setlist Soon.

xoxo
Mozluv

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom