UPDATE Apr. 22, 2012, 3:45PM PT:

From the thread posted by MORRIZSEY, this is released on April 24, 2012 on CD:

Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of The Smiths
Catalog # RB-9691
Lullaby to: The Smiths
Type: CD

9691_300dpi.jpg

Twinkle Twinkle Little Rock Star
is proud to release “Lullaby Versions of The Smiths & Morrissey” featuring lush instrumental versions of their most popular tracks.

Lullaby Versions of The Smiths & Morrissey

This Charming Man
What Difference Does It Make?
Ask
How Soon Is Now?
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Girlfriend in a Coma
Everyday is Like Sunday
Panic
Shoplifters of the World Unite
Suedehead
This is a Light That Never Goes Out
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want

Link to Lullaby Versions of The Smiths & Morrissey on iTunes

TTLRS is the premier pop music lullaby line with 56 titles to choose from across soundtracks, pop, rock, metal, country, alternative and more. Be sure to also check out our Depeche Mode lullabies.

http://www.ttlrs.com
http://www.facebook.com/twinkletwinklelittlerockstar
Twitter @rockstarlullaby

lullaby.jpg

Last edited:
As the father of a son who is almost three, I can tell you that my wife and I bought practically anything and everything for our boy when he was born because, for one thing, we did not necessarily know what we would need, and, for another, we wanted to expose him to all that we could and provide a well-rounded first few years. Needless to say, we either bought or received as gifts, a whole library of these lullaby version CD's for bands that my wife and I love. Be it the Cure, U2, the Beach Boys, or even Guns N' Roses, just to name a few, we have them all.
That said, I also consider myself an expert on the "useless crap people buy for their kids", and these lullaby CDs DEFINITELY fall into that category. First of all, you can barely make out the tunes, that are arranged in monotone chimes, and played at such a a slow tempo. So, you might as well just listen to a regular lullaby, like "twinkle, twinkle little star". Secondly, these CDs amount to basically a gag-gift, a novelty item for an infant who has no concept of the humor behind such a gift and will outgrow this CD in the wink of an eye and they will collect dust by your stereo almost as soon as you bought them (along with the bouncy chair, walker, and diaper genie that were useful for a week or two, but now sit in storage). Indeed, some of these CDs still sit unopened, in their cellophane wrappers.
If anything, just cut right to the quick and play a little REAL Morrissey for your little lad or las, on low volume. A little "Seasick Yet Still Docked" or "Michael's Bones" on nice loop would put the little one to sleep in a hurry anyway, and it will grant exposure to great music, by a great artist, in its intended form, which will only help cultivate a little genius anyway.
Who knows? Maybe this Smiths/Morrissey lullaby collection will be different from the others. But, seeing how they're all exactly the same anyway, I highly doubt it. As devoted fans, many of us will probably buy this collection. Just think of it as a little gift to yourself, in your quest to procure all things Morrissey, and it will make a quirky addition to your Morrissey library. Just don't think this will anything necessary or good for your baby.

So exciting. I have the hush-a-bye version of the Cure and can now enjoy the Smiths with my 10 month old. Maybe this will be the kick in the pants to bring another wee one into the world.

Don't you put on a lullaby CD before you lay your kid down to sleep. At least it muffles our the landscapers with their leaf blowers

Maybe this will be the kick in the pants to bring another wee one into the world.

Don't bring another wee one into the world unless you absolutely want it and can afford it. The world is already full of unwanted children who are starving and all alone. It's so very sad. Please don't use a Smiths/Morrissey lullaby cd as the ultimate excuse to have another baby. I don't mean to be rude, but that comment just didn't settle well.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom