Marvel Studios (Morrissey mentioned in Ant-Man & the Wasp trailer) - Morrissey Central

(Mention at 0:52)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/marvel-studios

Posted a couple of times via SER on social media - now linked to on Central.
Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE July 6:

Posted by BoyWithTheThornInHisSide:

So I saw the latest Ant-Man tonight, and was surprised that there were a couple of Morrissey references to be found within! Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) actually has "Everyday is Like Sunday" as his ringtone! And there's a quick flashback story that Luis (Michael Peña) tells that involves a jukebox that only plays Morrissey songs. I stayed through the end of the credits and in addition to "Sunday", "The First of the Gang to Die" was also listed (though I don't remember hearing it). I've got to say, I might have been the only one in my theater who got the references, but I was delighted! The movie was pretty good (the standard popcorn fare with large doses of humor), but made only cooler by Morrissey! What do you guys think? He must have signed off on it, right? Do you think he's "selling out" or is he actually just embracing his recognition as a popular icon? I vote for the latter.

Last edited by a moderator:
They like to use a lot of symbolism in some of these movies. Michael Pena, who plays Luis, is a member of AntMan's old gang....and well part of his new local gang....and they played "First of the gang to die" when he was speaking......R.I.P. Luis

The first trailer they put out had Ant Invasion from Adam and the Ants but I suppose that along with the Cure reference belong on other blogs.

So I saw the latest Ant-Man tonight, and was surprised that there were a couple of Morrissey references to be found within! Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) actually has "Everyday is Like Sunday" as his ringtone! And there's a quick flashback story that Luis (Michael Peña) tells that involves a jukebox that only plays Morrissey songs. I stayed through the end of the credits and in addition to "Sunday", "The First of the Gang to Die" was also listed (though I don't remember hearing it). I've got to say, I might have been the only one in my theater who got the references, but I was delighted! The movie was pretty good (the standard popcorn fare with large doses of humor), but made only cooler by Morrissey! What do you guys think? He must have signed off on it, right? Do you think he's "selling out" or is he actually just embracing his recognition as a popular icon? I vote for the latter.

LA Mexican here. Personally, I find his comments vile and inexcusable. Unfortunately, until Morrissey expands his anti-Islamic rhetoric to include Hispanics, there won't be much of a backlash from his Hispanic fan base.

I've been a big fan of his for 20+ years, but it's been hard even listening to the Smiths after alot of his recent comments.

Saw ‘Ant-Man & The Wasp’ last night, and was pleasantly surprised to see a couple of references to Moz during the movie. ‘Everyday Is Like Sunday’ was Luis’ ringtone, and his phone rang a couple of times.

Also, when given truth serum, Luis goes into an extended story and explains how he once owned a diner and the jukebox only had Morrissey songs on it. It was very funny. They also briefly played ‘First of the Gang to Die’.

Just posted the same thread a few minutes ago, too! Same as you, I was the only in the house laughing! I also noticed FOTGTD in credits but commented to my wife that I didn’t recall hearing anything other than EDILS. Great movie, too.

Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE July 6:

Just posted the same thread a few minutes ago, too! Same as you, I was the only in the house laughing! I also noticed FOTGTD in credits but commented to my wife that I didn’t recall hearing anything other than EDILS. Great movie, too.

Yeah, I guess you're American too! I didn't realize the movie got delayed in the UK until August 6. I was expecting a lot more replies about it.

I still think it's pretty damn cool and elevates Ant-Man all the more in my mind!

(Mention at 0:52)

Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE July 6:

So I saw the latest Ant-Man tonight, and was surprised that there were a couple of Morrissey references...

When I interviewed him, he mentioned that he played drums in a Morrissey/Smiths cover band called "Louder Than Bombs" and Morrissey gave them permission to use the songs ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Blikey blood hell bull ox m8 inn nn n nn it. Michael Pena, the actor that plays "Luis" in the film is a huge Uncle Steve fan, so he added the Moz references to the script.

Isn't July a time when you foreigners can actually go outside for two months? Go outside. Move out of your parent's basement. Kiss a girl. Be like Uncle Steve and hit the beach and get a sun tan. Take a trip to Disneyland or The Grand Canyon like Steve used to do when he was a teenager. Don't you people work? You have way too much time on your hands.

Blikey blood hell bull ox m8 inn nn n nn it. Michael Pena, the actor that plays "Luis" in the film is a huge Uncle Steve fan, so he added the Moz references to the script.

Isn't July a time when you foreigners can actually go outside for two months? Go outside. Move out of your parent's basement. Kiss a girl. Be like Uncle Steve and hit the beach and get a sun tan. Take a trip to Disneyland or The Grand Canyon like Steve used to do when he was a teenager. Don't you people work? You have way too much time on your hands.
Nope we're not sunbathers or rednecks and we live in a climate made for working not loitering. We do kiss but not girls we kiss women.
Not particularly interested in your white trash travel spots either as we tend to go for real culture not made of plastic.
No we work effectively over here so much so we can actually retire long before you do and your retirement comes with a casket for you to finally lie down in. We have too much time on our hands but we tend to use it well on creating a lasting society that doesn't mean a neck tattoo seen filling up a big ass pick up truck out in the cornfields.

As for you a cornfield in Ohio State wants its scarecrow back ASAP!

I've been a big fan of his for 20+ years, but it's been hard even listening to the Smiths after alot of his recent comments.

I was in LA two weeks ago , there is still love for the Moz but you really can't take the people seriously . The white ones tend to be very geeky and ugly and IT and the Mexican's are plain stupid . I mean they really don't get it at all , they buy into the total bullshit . Its actually amazing that they think gayer SPM is some king of gangsters . How dumb can you be? Mexicans aren't really that clever as a breed , I mean I don't want to sound racist but they are like 14 year olds in European IQ .
Americans are into the star thing, very f***ed up. SPM could rape a child they would still excuse it. Though that being said I've heard there are less and less people buying into Stevens BS, the takings on people going to Moz events are down.
Lets not forget that Steven didn't actually even sell out both nights at Hollywood Bowl and that was before all this kicked off, the venues he played in north cali and Portland were small as well. The trouble with SPM is he has a good line in BS but he has to keep moving as the truth calls him out in the end.

The things Uncle skinny has been posting about the kiddie fiddlers from the EDL are very true, there are loads of 'em , just like loads in the Tory party . Skinny is right the Muslim rape gangs focus is just an excuse to have a go at muslims , as opposed to catching rape gangs, if they were after kiddie fiddlers they would focus on Tories and BBC, among others.

It came out in the news the other day that Tommy and his far right buddies have been funded by Israel. Make of that what you will.

On another post I read that Moz has a home in LA and Rome, is this true? I hear moz has been spending high on rent boys

I was in LA two weeks ago , there is still love for the Moz but you really can't take the people seriously . The white ones tend to be very geeky and ugly and IT and the Mexican's are plain stupid . I mean they really don't get it at all , they buy into the total bullshit . Its actually amazing that they think gayer SPM is some king of gangsters . How dumb can you be? Mexicans aren't really that clever as a breed , I mean I don't want to sound racist but they are like 14 year olds in European IQ .
Americans are into the star thing, very f***ed up. SPM could rape a child they would still excuse it. Though that being said I've heard there are less and less people buying into Stevens BS, the takings on people going to Moz events are down.
Lets not forget that Steven didn't actually even sell out both nights at Hollywood Bowl and that was before all this kicked off, the venues he played in north cali and Portland were small as well. The trouble with SPM is he has a good line in BS but he has to keep moving as the truth calls him out in the end.

The things Uncle skinny has been posting about the kiddie fiddlers from the EDL are very true, there are loads of 'em , just like loads in the Tory party . Skinny is right the Muslim rape gangs focus is just an excuse to have a go at muslims , as opposed to catching rape gangs, if they were after kiddie fiddlers they would focus on Tories and BBC, among others.

It came out in the news the other day that Tommy and his far right buddies have been funded by Israel. Make of that what you will.

On another post I read that Moz has a home in LA and Rome, is this true? I hear moz has been spending high on rent boys
And you called the mexicans what exactly?
Pot
kettle
black

One time I went to Finland two times!

You haven't left your moms apartment since she died 15 years ago and you still tuck her in at night so don't come preaching her ya mommys boy. I know what you need to do you need to burn them white tennis socks you been wearing and check out the real world over here.
I am looking real hard and I can see the class struggle from my window.

You trippin fool!

Morrissey may not be racist but his recent comments sure seems to be encouraging racist fans.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom