Matt Stocks YT: "Life In The Stocks" #88 Boz Boorer (1st aired 2019 / YT upload: August 11, 2021)

Guitarist, songwriter & producer Boz Boorer joins Matt for this week's episode of Life In The Stocks to discuss all things glam, punk & rockabilly, and working with the likes of Adam Ant, Edwyn Collins & Kirsty MacColl.
Boz has also been Morrissey's right hand man for the best part of three decades, serving as Mozza's band leader & collaborator for the last 28 years - so there's plenty to discuss there too.
And we squeeze in time to talk about Boz's favourite past time: record collecting.

Shared on YT today by Matt.
I think this slipped under the radar or is hidden somewhere around 2019 when it was 1st broadcast.
Boz recounts how he met Morrissey, events leading up to him joining the band & gig antics - worth a listen.
Lots of details and history for those interested.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Does anyone here remember the title of the pollcats song that was popular on the KROQ station in the early 80s?

Does anyone here remember the title of the pollcats song that was popular on the KROQ station in the early 80s?
looks like rockabilly guy was their biggest hit,all the others charted middle thirties.

looks like rockabilly guy was their biggest hit,all the others charted middle thirties.
I'm not able to go digging right now, but didn't Make A Circuit With Me have quite regular US airplay & a US release?
Regards,
FWD.

Never knew that Boz knew Moz from
back in the Kill Uncle days.
Always thought he meet'em at the same
time as Al W and those guys.
The sleeve notes to "Under the Influence" reference a studio discussion with Boz a bit earlier, in 1988 I think. Though of course it's not impossible the author is being flexible with the actualité.

I'm glad to hear an interview with Boz, but this podcast needs some structure and editing. I had no idea who was talking at first, the episode just starts with no introduction or context (not even the name of the show?), and there's all these long dead pauses.

I'm glad to hear an interview with Boz, but this podcast needs some structure and editing. I had no idea who was talking at first, the episode just starts with no introduction or context (not even the name of the show?), and there's all these long dead pauses.
There are some lazy casual podcasters out there and this is one of them. Boz sounds like a decent and normal type guy which is a huge compliment in this day and age of fake people but to me the most interesting thing he said was - "I can't speak for Morrissey."

Last edited:
Apologies if I missed it somewhere in the recent news, but in what capacity is Boz involved in the next album, and is he done live touring with M?

Apologies if I missed it somewhere in the recent news, but in what capacity is Boz involved in the next album, and is he done live touring with M?
Likely that Diana Dors is his song.
Little else otherwise in involvement terms known other than Central dribs & drabs and loads of conjecture.
Although giving off 'retirement' signals in terms of his social side, zero definitive to confirm either way - as per the other members not playing Vegas. He's still making music and is believed to be involved with The Polecats later in the year (nothing certain).
The 'it must mean this...' types will disagree, but that's about all known.
Regards,
FWD.

Likely that Diana Dors is his song.
Little else otherwise in involvement terms known other than Central dribs & drabs and loads of conjecture.
Although giving off 'retirement' signals in terms of his social side, zero definitive to confirm either way - as per the other members not playing Vegas. He's still making music and is believed to be involved with The Polecats later in the year (nothing certain).
The 'it must mean this...' types will disagree, but that's about all known.
Regards,
FWD.
Well Boz didn't write any of the songs on the last album either and won't be touring Vegas with Alain so I'm going to enjoy the shake up for whatever shape it takes.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom