meatx.jpg

50MB

http://www.sendspace.com/file/exzwkr

Re: Meat Is Murder UK Tour Book

Thanks Flax

Dave

Thanks Flax.
Interesting exchange in the interview on page 10:

Q: You mean, you haven't got £50,000 in your bank account, like Phil Oakey?
A: (laughing) To be honest, I don't have a bank account
Q: Where do you keep it, under the matress?
A: No, truthfully, The Smiths have a group account. We're a cooperative and everything I earn goes into that.

I wonder if Andy and Mike were aware of The Smiths cooperative and group bank account when they decided to sue Morrissey and Marr... :)

Thanks for sharing...

This interview is hilarious... I've read Morrissey telling about his parents... their divorce is new to me

The front cover is different, but lovely sistasheila posted the scans in here ;)

Last edited:
]The front cover is different, but lovely sistasheila posted the scans in here ;)
yes beside the Uk one there is also the scotland one in the link^
which differs from the UK tourbook abit, for example by the picture on the back where johnny and moz overlooking a city from a hill top(paris?edinburgh?)
i still wonder if it maybe couldnt be edinburgh in the end and not paris?
they have toured scotland a few dates in edinburgh for example in 1984 so it could have been shot in edinburgh-on the other hand the hat he is wearing seems to suggest its from the france sessions
1984 "The Smiths" debut album tour
British leg [31 Jan. - 20 March]+ Northern UK and summer festivals [10-23 June]
the uk tourbooks differ only in terms of
Meat Is Murder tour, UK edition (link)
This first edition is yellow , with viv nicholson on cover and has UK tour dates (27 February to 6 April) on the back.

Meat Is Murder tour, alternate UK edition (flax posted)
This alternate 12-page programme includes a review of the album, an interview by Katie Neville and some adverts.
http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/biblio-prg.htm

i would be happy if someone could post a scan of the interview and the review ^
as i cant download at all at the computer i use...thanks very much

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom