Message from Morrissey; "...Playboys" re-release in March - true-to-you.net

Wow ... surprised Melbourne gets a shout out for one of the best of the tour. Not that it wasn't an amazing show, but just that he was less talkative than any of the other shows I've seen him play and the crowd were sometimes slightly subdued, so I thought from her perspective it may have been one of the "off nights". But happy to be wrong and happy that he holds it as a positive experience so that I can stupidly hold out hope for another Aus tour before 2022 (assuming we're playing this 10 years game again).

Deleting all of this ! :(

Last edited:
Dear St. Rita the saint of impossible causes. I prey that our Lord Jesus Christ touches the illness and heals any aliment, sickness or illness of Morrissey. I prey that he is healed and lives life abundantly! For he has brought to many of us joy, time and a spiritual happiness and a since of being!! Please St. Rita I prey to thee!! Amen!

Getting old sucks. I just turned 39yrs 2wks ago. You know your getting old when your favorite musicians are getting older too. I hope Morrissey is on the mend. I've been a fan for 26 of my 39yrs. ***HUGS***

Really? Thank you. :)

I was lured back to Solo when Morrissey came through recently, and I thought I'd lurk a bit to see if anyone I knew from way back when was still hanging around. Alas, most of my (actual) friends have moved on, but I've really enjoyed reading your posts. Your work on the Atheist Thread is particularly good.

I used to spent weeks (if not months) on end arguing increasingly arcane points of politics, pop culture, history, philosophy, etc. with some of the very interesting folks who used to spend a lot of time on Solo. It was a fantastic site and I'm glad that there's still intelligent life here. :)

I was lured back to Solo when Morrissey came through recently, and I thought I'd lurk a bit to see if anyone I knew from way back when was still hanging around. Alas, most of my (actual) friends have moved on, but I've really enjoyed reading your posts. Your work on the Atheist Thread is particularly good.

Such a nice compliment. It is nice to know that those posts were appreciated and received positively by you... and perhaps others?

I used to spent weeks (if not months) on end arguing increasingly arcane points of politics, pop culture, history, philosophy, etc. with some of the very interesting folks who used to spend a lot of time on Solo. It was a fantastic site and I'm glad that there's still intelligent life here. :)

You are one of those people, without a doubt.

Such a nice compliment. It is nice to know that those posts were appreciated and received positively by you... and perhaps others?

You are one of those people, without a doubt.

Double no.

Christ! I step away from the net for a couple of days and someone tells me that Morrissey has terminal cancer (bloody rumour mill). I was so relieved to read his message that I burst into tears. The man means so much to me that a world without him, would be a world with the lights dimmed.

But, on a less hysterical note, I work in a radiology department and we see quite a few patients with Barrett's Oesophagus; although it can impact on lifestyle, it can be managed effectively, depending on severity. I'm hoping that in this case, it's quite mild and Moz won't have any of the more serious, associated complications.

Get well soon yer daft apeth!

Viva Morrissey!

Is this Barrett's Oesophagus in any way similar to stomach ulcer, which comes with stress and anger? How long would this take to heal off?

My sympathy for Morrissey started to kick in when I found out that the examination involves an endoscopy. This certainly explains why his message was so over the top dramatic. Hopefully he is spending his well deserved time in a five star hospital or hotel room to recover from this well so that he'll be fit for the more glamorous rest of the tour.

just want to point out the "that joke isn't funny anymore" reference because a) i'm rather surprised no one has commented on it yet [that i've seen] and b) its inclusion is oddly endearing.

Re: I know, I know it's serious, but...

...How'd he get a concussion anyway ? No one saw any serious tackle in the last show or anything of the kind to inflict him one, yet it sounds like something he might 'fancy' having given his love for boxing and self mutilation....

Donkey Punch gone bad.

'I am fully determined to resume the tour on February 9 at the Chelsea Ballroom in Las Vegas. If I am not there, I shall probably never again be anywhere.'

That show and the one on the 10th have been cancelled, must be very bad seeing as he seemed so confident he'd recover! Get better soon!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom