Monterrey, Mexico - Teatro Banamex (Mar. 29, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Kiss Me A Lot / Ganglord / Speedway / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Let Me Kiss You / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / The Bullfighter Dies / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Jack The Ripper / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by Setlist.fm. Link posted by SuedeMoz.

• Photo from mozz.a / Instagram:

39800_monterrey.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting.

He may be doing the same old songs but at least he's still doing them with vim and vigour. Also the new outfit is cool. Much better than those chevron shirts.

ps: the dog shot f***ing kills me too.

It does seem so overtly a case of dressing up and wanting to play soldiers with dad , doesn't it ? Except he never would and they were all left sour , sad and vengeful.

You're right about the set list - I don't think it's much different to the W'gong gig last year but I'd see him again in a heartbeat. That band ... so tight, hard and mixed live so perfectly.

If Morrissey is hassled again at US Customs he can thank the "F*CK TRUMP" shirts. If he feels so strongly, be nice to see him wearing the shirt he forces his band to wear.
And, no, I'm not a Trump supporter.
I have no problem with the American band members wearing those shirts. But Morrissey and Boz Boorer should be refused entry IMO. No Bueno disrespecting the US and expect to come in here and make money.
Since they feel so strongly about it why not start a campaign to make Camden and Manchester sanctuary cities? Maybe they can follow Portland's lead and build a house in their backyards for refugee's. Boz can put more records out of the sales floor to clear up his stock room for young Syrian refugee men to live there.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Kiss Me A Lot / Ganglord / Speedway / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Let Me Kiss You / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / The Bullfighter Dies / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Jack The Ripper / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by Setlist.fm. Link posted by SuedeMoz.

Tell Acting Director Homan what you think.
https://www.ice.gov/webform/hsi-tip-form
thomasHoman.JPG

estaba bien aburrido el espectáculo moz, los mismos temas the siempre.!! muchos asientos totalmente vacíos!
bien gordito que está nuestro moz:japanesegoblin:

I have no problem with the American band members wearing those shirts. But Morrissey and Boz Boorer should be refused entry IMO. No Bueno disrespecting the US and expect to come in here and make money.
Since they feel so strongly about it why not start a campaign to make Camden and Manchester sanctuary cities? Maybe they can follow Portland's lead and build a house in their backyards for refugee's. Boz can put more records out of the sales floor to clear up his stock room for young Syrian refugee men to live there.
Are you serious? I think you're joking. I also think the t-shirts are crass and lowest common denominator cheap shots, but I don't see a problem with them wearing them. I just think Moz could be more articulate by getting his lackeys to wear smarter slogans.

Even though the set list is pretty much the same ol shit let's just be happy that for the moment he's left out Throwing My Arms Around Paris..that song is such a drag to hear live

Buy this man a beer, completely agree!!!!

Even though the set list is pretty much the same ol shit let's just be happy that for the moment he's left out Throwing My Arms Around Paris..that song is such a drag to hear live

We were told that, "Paris is off the list" prior to the tour, but no one realised what it meant: followingthemozziah.blogspot.com
Hold on, what do you mean it's a drag to hear live? What song have you ever written that is worth hearing? Twat!

Sian Deleer

I ask this question seriously to those who have actual experience and/or knowledge: How long does it take for a musician who is reasonably talented, actually learn a song? I know it largely depends on the musician and song being asked to play, but does anyone have any insight? (that is not ridiculing).

Also, who do you think is the rate limiting musician when it comes to learning new songs? I'd say it's between Mando (bass player?) and Jesse (songs he hasn't written himself)...see 'All The Lazy Dykes'.

I personally really enjoy Mr. Walker's drumming. I think he does a great job and is fun to watch. Boz is obviously very talented, but I question his drive sometimes.

Have a good one...

An above average musician can learn new songs pretty quickly . Jesse joined the band towards the end of the Quarry tour , he obviously can learn songs . The tours / sets were always changing every tour up until about 2011 or so and then they stayed pretty much the same except for the added World Peace songs. Since World Peace the set has pretty much been the same tour after tour save a couple of changes here and there and the songs being played in a different running order .

It seems it is really the last few years where he just can't seem to be bothered anymore plus as has been said before it would cost a lot of money in rehearsal time for the band to learn a whole new set , not to mention different lights etc . For now the show is pretty much a well oiled money making machine so why spend extra expense giving the fans something new when you don't need to .

What is truly insane though are the people who follow him every night around the world just to get the same set every time except in a different order and how Morrissey himself is not bored to tears of the same songs but hey it's easy money , get picked up in the blacked out Merc from your five star hotel , dial it in for 80 minutes then out the back door and straight back to the hotel . he can be in his fluffy dressing gown in his suite eating pizza before the venue is even empty

I can understand some of the comments regarding the set list, but there is also some exaggeration going on here. Firstly, because nearly all established acts have favorite hits that they like to play night after night. But also because the set list has certainly not been identical over the past year. I believe that Morrissey has played 40 different songs over the last 12 months (listed below) for example.

The Smiths

There is a Light
How Soon is Now
Meat is Murder
What She Said
Shoplifters
Bigmouth Strikes Again

Viva Hate and Bona Drag era

Suedehead
Everyday is Like Sunday
Ouija Board

Your Arsenal era

Jack the Ripper
You're the One for me Fatty

Vauxhall and I and Boxers era

Speedway
Have a Go Merchant

Maladjusted era

Alma Matters
It's Hard to Walk Tall when You're Small

You are the Quarry era

First of the Gang to Die
Irish Blood English Heart
The World is Full of Crashing Bores
Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice
Let Me Kiss You
All the Lazy Dykes
How Can Anybody Possibly Know I Feel

Ringleaders era

Ganglord
I Will See you in Far Off Places
You Have Killed Me
Good Looking Man About Town

Years of Refusal era

Paris
All You Need is Me
Because of My Poor Education

World Peace is None of Your Business

Title track
Kiss me a Lot
Istanbul
The Bullfighter Dies
One of Our Own
Oboe Concerto
Staircase at the University
Kick the Bride Down the Aisle
Scandinavia

Covers

Judy is a Punk
Moon Over Kentucky

And when Morrissey was touring in 2015, the set was different again with things like This Charming Man, You'll Be Gone, Reader Meet Author, Action is My Middle Name, Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed, Earth is the Loneliest Planet, I'm Not a Man, Yes I am Blind, Boxers etc. all performed.

So he plays several new songs (as most acts do) and several hits (as most acts do) and rotates some obscurities.

An above average musician can learn new songs pretty quickly . Jesse joined the band towards the end of the Quarry tour , he obviously can learn songs . The tours / sets were always changing every tour up until about 2011 or so and then they stayed pretty much the same except for the added World Peace songs. Since World Peace the set has pretty much been the same tour after tour save a couple of changes here and there and the songs being played in a different running order .

It seems it is really the last few years where he just can't seem to be bothered anymore plus as has been said before it would cost a lot of money in rehearsal time for the band to learn a whole new set , not to mention different lights etc . For now the show is pretty much a well oiled money making machine so why spend extra expense giving the fans something new when you don't need to .

What is truly insane though are the people who follow him every night around the world just to get the same set every time except in a different order and how Morrissey himself is not bored to tears of the same songs but hey it's easy money , get picked up in the blacked out Merc from your five star hotel , dial it in for 80 minutes then out the back door and straight back to the hotel . he can be in his fluffy dressing gown in his suite eating pizza before the venue is even empty
Thank you for the input. Yeah, they have had some really quick fill ins sometimes that haven't had much notice.

Yeah I also think he played will never marry in 2015 also which seems like a rare one

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom