Morrissey A-Z: "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris"

TheSmiths_1985

Agree, this and Munich along with half a dozen other overplayed concert songs just simply get on your breasts....
I mean how May times can you go for a piss and a pint ...
You’d be surprised!
When he played it last year at Wembley, I went on a beer run. When I got back, the mate I went to the gig with had fallen asleep and the t-shirt and two posters I had stashed under my chair had been nicked by the Scottish lout who was sitting next to us.

Last edited:

gordyboy9

rip roaring,free scoring,never boring, celtic.
You’d be surprised!
When he played it last year at Wembley, I went on a beer run. When I got back, the mate I went to the gig with had fallen asleep and the t-shirt and two posters I had stashed under my chair had been nicked by the Scottish lout who was sitting next to us.
i would love to say that was me but it wasnt,must have been some other scottish lout.your mate must be a right bore if he fell asleep at a very loud concert.

gordyboy9

rip roaring,free scoring,never boring, celtic.
Come on Gordy, Fess up.....
You’ve broken your bail conditions again , haven’t you 😔😔😔
im wearing his t-shirt and framing his two posters at this very minute bazz,if it isnt nailed down then its coming home with me.

TheSmiths_1985

Shitttt...
I’ve screwed up again 🤣🤣🤣
I’m nearly a Honorary jock myself.
9 miles from the border
Had many a good Sunday session back in the olde days when pubs shut at 3😜
I’m not one of the locals, I just live here.
There is (or was) no greater thing in life than Sunday drinking on a bank holiday weekend. Bloody Corona. So much to answer for.

Carlisle baz

Cock of the north
I’m not one of the locals, I just live here.
There is (or was) no greater thing in life than Sunday drinking on a bank holiday weekend. Bloody Corona. So much to answer for.
Corona sucks....
I prefer real ale now ...🧐🧐
My sister and her husband just recently moved back to Carlisle, after living in Gretna after 20 years

Janice

Janice is right, it's not good enough to have been played live as many times as it has. There's a few songs like that in his cannon, actually.

Off the top of my head, I have never liked 'Let Me Kiss You', as an example, and even if I did there's no reason it should still be getting airings now.
Always the voice of reason, is Mr Budd.

Mayfly

Since this song is the reason I haven't contributed anything to the A-Z threads all week (as it possessed me like a sparkly little pop demon and has been pretty much the only Morrissey song I've been listening to...), it seems fitting to seize this opportunity to jump back in.

I can't help but love this song. I'm a big sucker for Refusal as it is, and in the context of the album it always seems a bit misplaced, but on its own or in a live set it's irresistible. A perfect brief & breezy pop song and a confession of his retro euro-pop passion.

I love that you can hear his little lucky lisp on it if you listen carefully.

And the video is very cute too, although softer lighting would have worked wonders.

I love his necklace with the blue stone. Wish he would give it to me, haha.
It are his gestures that make the video so endearing to me.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Top Bottom