Morrissey A-Z: "Israel"

Friday was the better of the two Barry
Our boy had run out of steam by the Saturday. I caught him in Mexico the month previous and a few European and British dates. The last week or two was going through the motions for many. Some great nights bad though Barry/
You can’t be short of a bob or two Janice, globetrotting to follow Moz ..
Bet the Mexico one was good?

Must take it’s toll on him though, I’d imagine tours can physically be very demanding on the body

You can’t be short of a bob or two Janice, globetrotting to follow Moz ..
Bet the Mexico one was good?

Must take it’s toll on him though, I’d imagine tours can physically be very demanding on the body
Very demanding on my body. And bank balance. We work hard for nice things Barry. 🇲🇽🇦🇷🇧🇷🇨🇴🗽🌈

Very demanding on my body. And bank balance. We work hard for nice things Barry. 🇲🇽🇦🇷🇧🇷🇨🇴🗽🌈
Quite right we do.
I’m back at work this Thursday after 13 long months off, and can’t wait.
Clothes all ready ironed,
Hair brushed and parted, well it would be if I had some 🤫🤫

I didn't like this because it deals with something I don't know much about and, sorry, I don't care that much about either.
But... I read some of your interpretations of the lyrics and I sincerely found them intriguing, to the point that now the song has opened to me in all its beauty. When I listen, when he sings the word "Israel", I think he means "the essence of man", "freedom", "nature of man", "man as God purely created him/her", with all his flowes.
Taken this way, the song acquires much more meaning to me and I feel it more personally.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom