Morrissey A-Z: "It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small"

I’ve not heard the Cobrin version enough times to have an opinion, but Whyte’s version stands out as easily the least inspired of the Quarry b-sides. It’s a kind of fun, harmless rocker, but not a song I ever long to hear.

This sounds smutty, but it's a genuine question, especially given the sort of topics Morrissey covers in his lyrics. What I want to know is: is this song just about someone's physical height, or is all this talk of being 'small' a reference to the woes of someone with a small penis? :unsure:

Whyte: really enjoy this raw song, not affected by the Quarry (over) production, sounds almost like a demo. One of the few "rocker" songs by the band that I enjoy.

Corbin: boring. I really don't understand the need to suddenly play it live.

Cobrin's unfinished B-side has a lot of charm and everyone here knows that the flipsides of the Maladjusted singles are in a league of their own. Morrissey on the eve of his sabbatical, dreamily transfigured and world-weary: Beautiful

Whyte's B-side is perfectly OK. There's nothing to complain about. You can do it that way.

Cobrin's unfinished B-side has a lot of charm and everyone here knows that the flipsides of the Maladjusted singles are in a league of their own. Morrissey on the eve of his sabbatical, dreamily transfigured and world-weary: Beautiful

Whyte's B-side is perfectly OK. There's nothing to complain about. You can do it that way.
Some of them perhaps.

3 good and 3 bad imo.

View attachment 71748

Yes, page 137.
Regards,
FWD.
I'm on team Swim Shorts. 100%. Besides, they were a band, not a synchronized swimming team.
Well done lads for sticking to your, er, guns.
"It's hard to play right when your speedo's tight." I imagine.

Nowadays we have a bunch of ninnies who look at Morrissey like he's Esther Williams.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom