Morrissey A-Z: "Papa Jack"

The dying day
The chilly sun
Papa Jack
All alone

đź’™

Where the word and singer and music work so well.

The dying day
The chilly sun
Papa Jack
All alone

đź’™

Where the word and singer and music work so well.
Excerpts like this really make me appreciate the song much more.

Most posts disliking a song is a sure sign that I'll love it, and I do.

Moz looks back on when he was the indie darling from his new found home of opulent irrelevance.

Can't help thinking that the court case influenced this one, just more subtly than Sorrow...

The problem though is that he can reunite with Whyte but can't get that far with Marr or even meet with Street.

Why not?

I used to think this song sucked, but now it sounds like "Well I Wonder" compared to some of the shit that the sycophants around here champion.

The guitar riff at both song’s breaks sound similar in some way, could be coincidence...

1:36 in

2:30 in

I like the quiet bits,eg the verses. But the chorus and the overblown ending just don't fit in with the vibe.

Most posts disliking a song is a sure sign that I'll love it, and I do.

Moz looks back on when he was the indie darling from his new found home of opulent irrelevance.

Can't help thinking that the court case influenced this one, just more subtly than Sorrow...

The problem though is that he can reunite with Whyte but can't get that far with Marr or even meet with Street.

Why not?
Or get a bev' in with Nevin?

The character the lyrics are coming from sounds downtrodden and dejected, and actually feels like a cousin to “He Cried” in a way. I’ve always liked it. Would give it a 7/10. If it came on I wouldn’t turn it off.

I love this song. It’s almost like he’s telling us his own story through the life of someone else. Like Boxers and a fair few more.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom