Morrissey A-Z: "World Peace Is None of Your Business"

My abiding memory of this song is seeing some relatively young Irish folk entertaining themselves with a drinking game everytime "World Peace Is None of Your Business" was mentioned as the song played over the jukebox in a pub in Dublin prior to the Morrissey gig there that evening.
They were smashed. As Morrissey must have been to agree to that spoken word video.

it's so so, but I do really like the thumping toms and the guitar line towards the end of the song, more than the rest of the song itself.

Maybe if he hadn't insisted on performing this live at every concert since 1907 then maybe, just maybe, it might have a few more positive comments on here...but it is awful...a clunking, tuneless, twee, banal irritant of a song that has no place in the Morrissey Canon. I love a lot of the album...I just despise the title track. The lyrics read like one of Brummie's 'bottom set, year 10 English class' posts. The music seems to echo the theme tune to a terrible 1970's sitcom. It is so bad it is making me angry just thinking about it...happy place, happy place...where are you?????

Maybe if he hadn't insisted on performing this live at every concert since 1907 then maybe, just maybe, it might have a few more positive comments on here...but it is awful...a clunking, tuneless, twee, banal irritant of a song that has no place in the Morrissey Canon. I love a lot of the album...I just despise the title track. The lyrics read like one of Brummie's 'bottom set, year 10 English class' posts. The music seems to echo the theme tune to a terrible 1970's sitcom. It is so bad it is making me angry just thinking about it...happy place, happy place...where are you?????
Not keen on this one, are you?

What were they trying to do at the start?
Aside from everything else, the start is very puzzling. The drums to be in a completely different tempo, leading to a very awkward transition to the start of the actual song, which the band would frequently (and not surprisingly) stumble over live. I don't get it either. It sounds like it was pulled from somewhere else, and just randomly mixed onto the front.

yeah, it has been done a bit too much live. it's not THAT good.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom