Morrissey accosted in Rome - police officer demands "papers" - Sam Esty Rayner Photography / FB

See Sam's lovely photography page: https://www.facebook.com/samphotog/

Last night at 7.45 on Via del Corso in Rome, the Police Officer pictured below terrorized Morrissey for 35 minutes demanding "papers". Morrissey had no papers.
The Officer then said "I know who you are." Morrissey replied: "I know the law, I know my rights, and you have no reason to stop me." The Officer shouted very loudly and a crowd of over 100 people gathered. The Officer held his gun throughout the confrontation. After 35 minutes, Morrissey walked away, and the Officer did not follow.
Morrissey says: "This was a deliberate act of terror by this Officer, who had no personal identification, but whose Polizia 113 motor-bike had the plate G2458. I had not broken the law or acted suspiciously. The officer unlocked his gun and held it as he screamed into my face. Some people came to my rescue. This happened outside the Nike store, and many people filmed the obviously insane officer. I believe he recognized me and wanted to frighten me. I did not back down even though I believed he was about to shoot me. I urge people to beware of this dangerously aggressive Officer. He might kill you."

40315_rome_police_officer.jpg

halt-mozzer-papers.jpg

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
NME pick it up:

Morrissey claims he was ‘terrorised’ by a police officer in Rome.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-terrorised-police-officer-rome-2098854

A blog with a different slant:

Morrissey’s most current “tail”: nationalists and vigilantes.

http://niklasblog.com/?p=20533

Italian Rolling Stone simply repeats the story despite being in a great position to validate it:

Morrissey contro la Polizia di Roma.
http://www.rollingstone.it/musica/news-musica/morrissey-contro-la-polizia-di-roma/2017-07-05/

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I'm curious to see a video. Can't imagine why anyone would be suspect of morrissey. Seems like famous person harassment. If he knew who he was like he claimed I can't imagine him thinking him dangerous or suspicious. Seems like a case of trying to put the famous person I his place for personal reasons

I'm curious to see a video. Can't imagine why anyone would be suspect of morrissey. Seems like famous person harassment. If he knew who he was like he claimed I can't imagine him thinking him dangerous or suspicious. Seems like a case of trying to put the famous person I his place for personal reasons

Yes, it seems a personal vendetta. An abuse of his authority.

Oh Morrissey! Poor baby :flowers:

NME pick it up:

Morrissey claims he was ‘terrorised’ by a police officer in Rome.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-terrorised-police-officer-rome-2098854

A blog with a different slant:

Morrissey’s most current “tail”: nationalists and vigilantes.

http://niklasblog.com/?p=20533

Italian Rolling Stone simply repeats the story despite being in a great position to validate it:

Morrissey contro la Polizia di Roma.
http://www.rollingstone.it/musica/news-musica/morrissey-contro-la-polizia-di-roma/2017-07-05/

Regards,
FWD.
That blog is ridiculous.

"Is this not a bit akin to Donald Trump posting belligerent stuff on Twitter, proffering abuse while spawning hatred? Morrissey and those close to him do have quite a platform to shout from, with many followers. Imagine what could happen if this person is identified."

I've got no doubt that Morrissey was shaken down in public. What does he stand to gain by lying about something like this? Not a lot. He's professed a deep love for Rome, and it just doesn't compute that he would smear this guy's reputation unjustly.

Now, answering the question the blog poses- If this turd is recognized in the streets?
To quote the infamous Babs Johnson-

"You stand convicted of ASSHOLISM! And the punishment is DEATH!"

As if it would ever leave the setlist...

That was my thought as well. It's not like it's been absent. I was thinking mama lay softly could be reinjected into the set list

After all the nice things Moz said and felt about Italy, it is a pity that one person may have ruined it for him. Of course that one lunatic doesn't change the fact that most people in Italy are probably perfect caring citizens.

Even more so cause apparently, there were a lot of people, bystanders, defending and protecting him.
And due to the fact so many people now have smartphones and filming the "incident" and immediately posting the footage on public social media, the police can't deny or hide what happened.

I hope Moz realises this too and it won't have a negative effect on his general appreciation for Italy. It might even make it bigger.
Maybe social media have been a virtue for him, this time.

This could happen anywhere.
Why did that policeman ask for his "papers" if he knew who he was, as he said?

Maybe Moz could have given him a paper saying thank you for "protecting" me, the date and his characteristic signature, grazie y arriverdecci!
I hope this dreadful experience and the impression it left on him is a source for a good song about it. :thumb:

Last edited:
WHAT THE f*** !?

LEAVE MY MOZZY ALONE! PIG ! :angry:

BOYCOTT ROME !!!

BOYCOTT 'ENGLAND IS MINE' !!!

Is, or are there any other "things" or people you want us to boycott, Ketamine Sun?
Don't make the list too long cause I already have problems with one of them and it's not England Is Mine.
He could of course name a song "Italy Is Mine" for the new album! :p

OK so go to Google images and type in Italian motorcycle policeman.
He will look nothing like what fella in the picture is wearing.
Yah well if some guy comes up to me in the street screaming in my face and wearing a police uniform and a gun I'm gonna be shaken up over it. Moz should relocate to Ireland where only the criminals have guns :rock:

Even more so cause apparently, there were a lot of people, bystanders, defending and protecting him.
And due to the fact so many people now have smartphones and filming the "incident" and immediately posting the footage on public social media, the police can't deny or hide what happened.

I hope Moz realises this too and it won't have a negative effect on his general appreciation for Italy. It might even make it bigger.
Maybe social media have been a virtue for him, this time.

This could happen anywhere.
Why did that policeman ask for his "papers" if he knew who he was, as he said?

Maybe Moz could have given him a paper saying thank you for "protecting" me, the date and his characteristic signature.
I hope this dreadful experience and the impression it left on him is a source for a good song about it. :thumb:
So where are these videos almost 24 hours later?
Sam gets one picture of a non aggressive looking man posing for a pboto....
Somethings not right here....

Well, since Assholism was coined in 1972, maybe a prequel of sorts?

Well, at least they would have to look to other information sources then Morrissey Solow as it did not exist yet, at the time. :D
Waiting for a prequel to the Big Bang.
Why isn't it made yet? :swear

Well, at least they would have to look to other information sources then Morrissey Solow as it did not exist yet, at the time. :D
Waiting for a prequel to the Big Bang.
Why isn't it made yet? :swear
We simply have to wait for the big suck. All of that energy expelled outward will surely one day bounce back, squeezing us all into some really unfortunate pinhole of destruction and out the other side. Wherever that may lead to. Probably some place better (or at least kinder) than this.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom