Morrissey and SER driving at high speed in wrong direction according to police - La Repubblica

Hey just so you know, here is the police version from the italian newspaper "La Repubblica":

Roma, Morrissey litiga col poliziotto in via del Corso. “Minacce e urla” - La Repubblica
"Poteva uccidermi - accusa la rockstar - impugnava una pistola. La replica della questura: "E' arrivato a forte velocità contromano"

di FEDERICA ANGELI

They claim Sam was driving on the wrong sense at "full speed" and that they stopped him - apparently scared for the threat of a car driving at full speed in the wrong direction - to ask for his documents first, and then Morrissey's.
The article continues:Morrissey was asked four times for a document, but instead of telling them he left the wallet in the hotel he told them he did not do anything and did not had to deliver his document.
Than Sam proceeded to take a photo of they guy (who in the meantime googled Morrissey and realised who he was) and told him "you're going to be famous".
Apparently, both the policeman (whose photo was published) and the italian police want to sue Morrissey, the articles concludes.
The officer claim he never pointed the gun.

Just translating, guys.

----------------

Adding the police statement (from a newspaper) I just found

«The car was proceding from Via della Frezza on the wrong direction, tuesday late afternoon, and came into a very crowded (because of the sale week shopping) via del corso. The agents on the "nibbio" motorbikes, who are regularly patrolling the historical center because of counterterrorism measures, did not hesitate to stop the car and ask the people on board for their id». According to the Questura after the first check «the policeman issued the ticket to the driver, who admitted his responsibility - according to the violations commited. But the other person - in other words the singer (exactly like this in the police memo - hilarious :)) - has been hostile since the beginning: an english citizen, he insisted saying he could not be forced to produce his ID or state his identity because he commited no felony, and was very surprised he wasn't recognised by the policemen. After some persistence the agents, who spoke english, allowed the person to call the hotel twice, thus learning the man's identity in order to run further checks even in the absence of an ID. During the checks the artist, bothered, shoot some pictures to the policeman threatening “you will become famous”».

(I don't know if the "artist" at the end is supposed to be morrissey or sam)

Sorry for the translation, but police statements are written in a strange funny language

Update:
SER has just written in his facebook page (comment in the same photo post) it was not him driving the car and he was not in italy at the moment. What the hell?

This is getting more and more ridicolous.

Sam Esty Rayner Photography:

"The Italian newspapers state, on behalf of Roma Polizia, that the driver of the car was Sam Esty Rayner.

Sam was not the driver; was not in the car; was not in Italy on the date of the incident.
"

Scan of print edition from Betta:

40318_morrissey_repbblica_scan.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aunt Nancy is home in Malibu!! I saw her at Vintage Grocers. Uncle Steve is on a bender with bad influence lil' Sammy. Reckon this is what happens when you act like an old man when you are young and become an old man and want to act all young and listen to gangsta rap. I think there needs to be a Mozbot intervention in Rome. Can we just go to LAX and buy a ticket to Rome? Is Rome part of "the uk"? How many days does it take to get there? This is serious in nn it.

:lbf: :lbf: :lbf:
Aunt Nancy is home in Malibu!! I saw her at Vintage Grocers. Uncle Steve is on a bender with bad influence lil' Sammy. Reckon this is what happens when you act like an old man when you are young and become an old man and want to act all young and listen to gangsta rap. I think there needs to be a Mozbot intervention in Rome. Can we just go to LAX and buy a ticket to Rome? Is Rome part of "the uk"? How many days does it take to get there? This is serious in nn it.
I just had my manicure done today, in a beautiful deep cabernet shade called "Never Stop Wine-ing", I really did. And I blood-reckon that I've got two things to say here.

A) Every single page on this site that doesn't have a comment from Aztec Camera - esp. on a shit-storm of a Moz-Solo-fans-nervous-breakdown thread like the last couple on this subject have been - is an entire page WASTED as far as I'm concerned, and one where I PINE away.

2) Most people here def all have way too much time on their hands, and for a lot of the people here who comment inanely, time would probably be better spent if everyone went and got manicures too. In Never Stop Wine-ing, also.

I mean, after all, if the shoe fits... :lbf:

III) I wanna know if when in Rome, does Aunt Nancy actually do like the Romans do, or does she still make her own special marinara recipe, from back in Malibu?

Inquiring minds want to know.

As for Baron-e. I think the trouble with Baron-e, is that he was just pissed because in that particular instant, he probably also realized he was out of Tobleron-e.

iiii) And last, but certainly LE MOST IMPORTANT of all, I'd just like to confirm and to let you all know, in case anyone was sitting around wondering, that yes

ITALIANS DEFINITELY DO IT BETTER :brows:

Last edited:
Speeding on the wrong side of the road! Is this how you kill your uncle? Shame on you, Sam.
Good on Morrissey for not providing id. How very anarchistic of him.

For the person who traduced the article from the newspaper, the web article doesn't say "Apparently, both the policeman (whose photo was published) and the italian police want to sue Morrissey, the articles concludes. The officer claim he never pointed the gun."

Of course I was not transalting word by word, but the article you linked it's not the one I translated, which is still linked in the post above.

It concluded

Che ora però potrebbe costare a Morrissey una denuncia non solo da parte del poliziotto di cui è stata divulgata l'immagine ma anche da parte della questura di Roma per diffamazione

(About the photo) now it may cost morrissey a denuncia per diffamazione (for libel I suppose) both from the policeman in the photo and from the questura.

It is obviously a conclusion of the journalist, on a second read, but I guess it may have been different first time I read it ( there is also an added conclusion on the canceled concerts). Anyway, it's about the photo not the gun and I hope it's clearer now.

'still felt that way'
NOPE.

BUT, IN CONTEXT OF THE FIRST THREAD STARTED ON THIS MATTER AND FACTS AVAILABLE AT THAT TIME, YES I DO STAND BY MY COMMENT, BUT ONLY IN CONTEXT OF THE INFORMATION GIVEN AT THAT TIME AND BECAUSE OF THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT ALL THE COPS THAT HAVE KILLED INNOCENT CHILDREN AND ADULTS JUST BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAW!

Regrets? why would anyone regret saying something when at the time that was the only information we were given to reply to? I'm sorry you took it personally because you come from a family that have served as you yourself have served as police. But again, you really shouldn't get angry at the victims for calling these cops that are bad cops names, you should be angry about the bad cops who give the good cops a bad name. And by your attacks on me, makes one assume you stand by the cops that have committed crimes FATAL CRIMES against innocent human beings.

Anyways, I think we're all at the point now,where I think we need real information/facts as to know what really happened before making anymore judgements of both sides regarding this matter.

Like.. Why did the cop have his hand on the gun ready to kill?
And was this before or after he found out the identity of M?
Why would a cop fear a stranger enough to be ready to kill them just because this individual didn't give them their identity? Don't they get training in dealing with foreigners who might not be familiar with the laws in the country they are visiting?

You see you still don't get it.

'Like.. Why did the cop have his hand on the gun ready to kill?'

Again, you are taking Morrisseys' word for it. Is there proof the Officer did this? Does Morrissey have the ability to read minds? Does he know the officer wanted to kill him? Where is the proof of intent, or whether he pulled out his gun at all? All we know so far is Morrissey omitted some very big details before the whole story leaked. That is tantamount to lying so how can we trust him? The officer has everything to lose by lying. Morrissey can lie to the public without consequence apparently.

You bringing this up over and over is just being over dramatic to fit narrative, and you lose all credibility... Just saying. After all Morrissey didnt actually say the officer pulled out his gun, he said he unlocked it and put his hand on it. As a former officer, let me explain something to you. If you make a lawful request and a person becomes beligirent and aggressive., that person you are dealing with is probably either mentally ill, unstable, or generally guilty of something. 99% of the people police deal with are the dregs of society. It is not all rainbows and unicorns believe me. One of the first things you are taught during use of force training is that if a person is willing to argue/fight/start an altercation with a policeman, that person has nothing to lose. And if there was recent terror attacks involving cars and I just pulled over a stampeding vehicle with a foreigner speaking a language I didnt understand, and who was being hostile with me, clearly a policeman, MY LIFE could be on that line. Words can only get you so far. I, ME, at the end of the day with my modest pay, want to go home safe to MY family. If I have to put my hand on my holster to say in the universal language 'back off', that person must be pretty ##@$%$. If a police officer gets attacked and god forbid they lose, they are DEAD. Let that sink in.

You mean to tell me he wasn't shopping for Nikes when the incident occurred? I don't even know what to believe anymore.

How many poor songs about that will we have to listen during the next tour?

Last edited:
:lbf: :lbf: :lbf:

I just had my manicure done today, in a beautiful deep cabernet shade called "Never Stop Wine-ing", I really did. And I blood-reckon that I've got two things to say here.

A) Every single page on this site that doesn't have a comment from Aztec Camera - esp. on a shit-storm of a Moz-Solo-fans-nervous-breakdown thread like the last couple on this subject have been - is an entire page WASTED as far as I'm concerned, and one where I PINE away.

2) Most people here def all have way too much time on their hands, and for a lot of the people here who comment inanely, time would probably be better spent if everyone went and got manicures too. In Never Stop Wine-ing, also.

I mean, after all, if the shoe fits... :lbf:

III) I wanna know if when in Rome, does Aunt Nancy actually do like the Romans do, or does she still make her own special marinara recipe, from back in Malibu?

Inquiring minds want to know.

As for Baron-e. I think the trouble with Baron-e, is that he was just pissed because in that particular instant, he probably also realized he was out of Tobleron-e.

iiii) And last, but certainly LE MOST IMPORTANT of all, I'd just like to confirm and to let you all know, in case anyone was sitting around wondering, that yes

ITALIANS DEFINITELY DO IT BETTER :brows:

Toblerone_Brexit.png

:pileofpoop::pileofpoop::pileofpoop::mask: :barf:

When they make England Is Mine II this incident would make for an exciting car chase sequence climax.

Driving on the wrong side of the road at speed will get you nabbed by the rozzers in any country in the world, and with the current fashion for Vehicles of Peace I'm sure every cop throughout the civilised parts of the world are on high alert.

Plus I find it hard to believe anything SER says. He seems to me to come across as an entitled, talent free parasitic airhead existing solely on the rich, creamy life essence of his famous uncle. The only question which remains is could I possibly imagine Morrissey - of all people - clutching his pearls and demanding variations on a theme of "Do you know who I am?"

Errrr...

Yes. Yes, I can.

I don't know if the cop is lying. If it goes to court and if we get a transcript of what is said in court? I don't know if that will prove anything. I think anyone would be freaked out if a cop is talking to you while they have their hand on their gun.

So did the cop have his gun ready even after his identity was already proven?

And if so ....

Why would he need to have his gun ready to shoot when both Sam identified his passenger and the cop already googled M's identity?

Why did the cop fear M after having already known his identity?

Why did the cop think it was necessary to have his gun ready if all that M was doing was refusing to supply identity?

Will the cop admit in court that he had his gun ready to shoot simply because a person refused to give identity?

Should not giving ones identity immediately be a red flag to a cop that he should have his gun ready to kill?

Should cops be trained to deal with foreigners that might not know the laws of the country they are in?

Why does the sun go on shining?

Why does the sea rush to shore?

https://genius.com/Skeeter-davis-the-end-of-the-world-lyrics#note-2910763
Why do the birds go on singing?

Why do the stars glow above?

https://genius.com/Skeeter-davis-the-end-of-the-world-lyrics#note-8908117
Why does my heart go on beating?

Why do these eyes of mine cry?

just an embarrassment these days ...... truth seems to be a stranger ..... as does right thinking ..... 100's outside Nike store but not one video posted online ..... the picture of the frightening cop is hardly like the description or is that the best ser could do? Or whoever had his ID?!?!?! Days pass for ser to come out with not being there ..... just sad and embarrassing

You have to wonder what thoughts fly around the noggin of Mr Marr when he gets to hear about this latest piece of nonsense and Morrissey cancelling another tour. "There but for the ..."

Even if it was possible to get the two of them in a room to discuss a reunion: agree dates, playlist, who plays drums, video backdrops, what money Andy and the drummer gets, there always the fear that Morrissey will find a reason to fling the shit on the fan days before the first gig.

Again, you are taking Morrisseys' word for it. Is there proof the Officer did this? Does Morrissey have the ability to read minds? Does he know the officer wanted to kill him? Where is the proof of intent, or whether he pulled out his gun at all? All we know so far is Morrissey omitted some very big details before the whole story leaked. That is tantamount to lying so how can we trust him? The officer has everything to lose by lying. Morrissey can lie to the public without consequence apparently.

You bringing this up over and over is just being over dramatic to fit narrative, and you lose all credibility... Just saying. After all Morrissey didnt actually say the officer pulled out his gun, he said he unlocked it and put his hand on it. As a former officer, let me explain something to you. If you make a lawful request and a person becomes beligirent and aggressive., that person you are dealing with is probably either mentally ill, unstable, or generally guilty of something. 99% of the people police deal with are the dregs of society. It is not all rainbows and unicorns believe me. One of the first things you are taught during use of force training is that if a person is willing to argue/fight/start an altercation with a policeman, that person has nothing to lose. And if there was recent terror attacks involving cars and I just pulled over a stampeding vehicle with a foreigner speaking a language I didnt understand, and who was being hostile with me, clearly a policeman, MY LIFE could be on that line. Words can only get you so far. I, ME, at the end of the day with my modest pay, want to go home safe to MY family. If I have to put my hand on my holster to say in the universal language 'back off', that person must be pretty ##@$%$. If a police officer gets attacked and god forbid they lose, they are DEAD. Let that sink in.

You know, you shut your f***ing sweet sass mouth. You cannot go around here speaking that kind of rational thinking and viewing of a situation. And please, don't speak from actual experience, most people are just plain happy speaking out of their asses because they don't have any experience.

Oh common sense, it's gotta hurt sometimes.

Every person ready to argue with a cop has nothing over a traffic stop has nothing left to lose. That's ridiculous. According your rationale every person who's ever sat at a protest and refused to leave has nothing left to lose and should be take. As dangerous and treated accordingly

Yeah I made reference to those incidents in previous posts. It certainly is Morrissey's M.O to shame and bully people, and I hope this time he is at least accountable for it.

You know Benny, you are a troll, albeit a clever one, but the reason I never disregard your posts is because your posts are actually truth. While I came hear to read about news and tour dates (I am Canadian, so I guess that's not really relevant now), now I just come hear out of fondness from my past, a habit going on 21 years now. I am one of Morrissey-Solo's original 1997 members.

Sadly, Morrissey is now a joke. I do feel sorry for the few people here so obsessed with him that they actually justify his behaviour, as if Morrissey will somehow show up at their door and hug and befriend them. News flash: He won't. He cares about money and his own happiness, et al. He just lied to everyone, again. He cancelled more tour dates, again (and based on a lie). Anyone with a modicum of intelligence now must assume that everything that comes from his mouth is utter bullshit.

Sorry to burst your balloon, but the world is full of c***s that deserve to be exposed. You don't need to look any further than this site.

Moz is an artist that sees the world differently. If he was like the rest of us his art wouldn't be worthy of anything more than a suburban dental office.

Hi Surface
Hope you and the family are well.
I'm going to give the crowd of 100 people another 24 hour extension to post their mobile footage of this incident. If nothing is forthcoming its looking like a load of old cock and nonsense.

Best wishes

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Thanks for asking Benny - yes all's well, how about you? -Am 3 nights into New Orders 5 night stint at the Old Granada Studios, you can't get to much of a good thing!! Morrissey should think about different approaches such as this -

"the group will be deconstructing, rethinking and rebuilding a wealth of material from throughout their career: familiar and obscure, old and new. To perform it live, they’ll be joined by a 12-strong synthesiser ensemble from the Royal Northern College of Music, with Joe Duddell providing the orchestrations"

75% of the set is made up of songs that they haven't played for 25 to 30 years along with some Joy Division stuff that they have never played such as Disorder - The whole thing is a wonderful audio and visual spectacle.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom