Morrissey announces European & UK 2020 tour dates (Leeds, Cologne, Paris, London on sale Jan. 24)

First European Dates for 2020!

full

Posted by lutewhine (excerpt):

Press release just gone out ... here’s the bit about tour dates ...

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9th March and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11th March.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

Pre-order information here; https://morrissey.lnk.to/albumstorePR

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Capture+_2020-03-02-13-59-20-542x1084~2.png

says that according to concert organizers and ticket sellers there are, at the moment, no restrictions or postponements of concerts due to the covid19 outbreaks in germany.
local health authorities, organizers and venues will have to decide together on necessary measures.

i assume what they want to say is that the responsibility for cancelled concerts is to be found locally, and no refunds will be made by the big companies like eventim, eg.

not sure what your point is.

Sorry. Don't have one really. I just saw all the German words and thought of Burgermeister MeisterBurger (a German cartoon character.) It's probably an American thing. It is a clip of him making a proclamation that I thought might tie in to the decision about whether to allow the concert to continue as planned. Meant to be funny, but comedy is subjective.

Sorry. Don't have one really. I just saw all the German words and thought of Burgermeister MeisterBurger (a German cartoon character.) It's probably an American thing. It is a clip of him making a proclamation that I thought might tie in to the decision about whether to allow the concert to continue as planned. Meant to be funny, but comedy is subjective.
okay, i see. probably it's also the english word "authorities" which can trigger such comic fantasies in americans all of a sudden.
pretty sure though, that the state-controlled draconian measures (like closing borders, shutting down companies and schools, isolating communities, etc.) to fight the virus that we see in china at the moment (a virus-dictatorship, so to say) are in the short run the most effective.
the german govt shies away from such measures at the moment. it's transferring responsibilities to the local communities who are then to blame in case of voters' disappointments or anger.
i personally prefer staying healthy first of all instead of being promised a hospital bed by our chancellor in case of an infection as she did two days ago when she tried to justify the govts decision not to "over-react".
instead, we are told 100 times a day to "PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS, YOU PIGS!"

View attachment 54807
says that according to concert organizers and ticket sellers there are, at the moment, no restrictions or postponements of concerts due to the covid19 outbreaks in germany.
local health authorities, organizers and venues will have to decide together on necessary measures.

i assume what they want to say is that the responsibility for cancelled concerts is to be found locally, and no refunds will be made by the big companies like eventim, eg.

Thanks for keeping us informed. I had a message from Ticketmaster reminding me that the concert is coming up in a week. So it is still on for now.

No, I don't think these two have anything to do with the Corona virus. The Neighbourhood concert was already postponed in December and the NF show tomorrow was upgraded to Live Music Hall, which is a bigger venue, because it sold out so quickly.
Just to clarify:
Live Music Hall is a smaller venue. 1.000 capacity.. So NF was downgraded. Thingslike that happen quite often.

Cologne has 29 cases of Corona right now. In Northrhine Westfalia, where Cologne is located, the total amount of cases is over 370.
As far as I know no concerts have been canceled in Cologne yet and the Morrissey one is still planned to go ahead. In other German cities many trade fairs etc are canceled or delayed. I've seen an article saying Cologne takes it easy, so unless things change dramatically until tomorrow, I think chances are good the concert is taking place.

Good to know. Chances are of course Moz will not want to take the risk and cancel lastminute.
Hope pictures of Moz at the Cologne airport will soon arrive.

The German health minister Spahn now has encouraged to cancel all gatherings/gigs etc with more than 1000 people. He just uttered this as a recommendation, so it doesn't yet mean the concert will be canceled. It's up to the federal states to decide on this, in this case Northrhine Westfalia. Maybe that will take some time and we're still lucky with the Cologne gig tomorrow.

Seriously. I really can't understand why Live Nation is not cancelling the gig.The number of infected people in Nordrhein-Westfalen and especially Cologne is rapidly increasing and there will be people from all over Europe @ the Palladium. Look at the death rate in Northern Italy. It's not only about old and sick people. It's hard for me but I will not make the 250 km trip to Cologne tomorrow and I hope Live Nation and Morrissey will overthink their "business as usual" perspective.

I think chances are 50/50. I also have to drive 250 km tomorrow. Chances are Morrissey hasn’t even gone to Germany yet. If he reads the news he will probably decide not to go.

I think chances are 50/50. I also have to drive 250 km tomorrow. Chances are Morrissey hasn’t even gone to Germany yet. If he reads the news he will probably decide not to go.
The band were on their way to Germany yesterday according to Mando's Instagram.

Look. Its just about health care. I am a person who wants to be f.o.s. I let it all out during a Morrissey concert. Sweating, touching and shouting. It won't work. Sorry. I had not expect that development last week and Cologne is definitely different to Leeds concerning spectators. Sad but true.

Alright, France now bans all public gatherings of over 1.000 people nationwide. I take it that the Paris gig s cancelled then.

Yet again Europe is full of morons. It takes one person to infect. Banning over 1000 makes zero sense.

How did Europeans get so stupid

The leading politician in Northrhine Westfalia, where Cologne is located, now said they want to follow the health ministers recommendation to ban gatherings with over 1000 people. The only question is whether it already will be in place tomorrow. Given the situation in France I'm afraid both concerts now could be canceled.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom