Morrissey at Johnny Ramone tribute in Hollywood (Aug. 26, 2018)

Details posted by Famous when dead:

The actual article:

Billie Joe Armstrong, Duff, Jonesy, Fred and Moz Show for Johnny Ramone - California Rocker

Morrissey’s New Record.
“I’m here in Los Angeles doing some recording,” he told CaliforniaRocker.com in the VIP tent at the event. “I wouldn’t miss this.”

Morrissey was kind to the fans, posing for pictures and then jamming along in the audience with McKagan, Armstrong, Armisen and Jonesy on stage.

44078_moz-poses-with-linda-3-at-ramones-tribute-1-of-1.jpg

Morrissey and Linda Ramone strike a dramatic pose

Pointing out Ramones badges:
44077_moz-pins-at-ramones-tribute-1-of-1.jpg

44076_44070_moz-in-the-crowd-2-at-ramones-tribute-1-of-1-e1535365392439.jpg

All credit to Donna Balancia.

(more photos in article and comments)

8B30802F-749D-4293-81D8-9E9073C421B7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
And the Smiths renditions. The undiluted f***ing horror of his Smiths renditions. Cemetry Gates, Last Night I Dreamt, Boy with the Thorn... it's like watching a child get out a box of crayons and scrawl on the Mona Lisa :lbf:.

He also has this bizarre habit of grimacing, as though with intense concentration, whilst playing the most basic chord progressions.

And let's all remember the time he agreed to go on stage wearing a bra/Speedos/stupid slogan T-shirts. Can you imagine Johnny, or Alain even, saying "Yes" to this?
article-2111076-120D7E46000005DC-95_1024x615_large.jpg

FFS like a BROKEN RECORD:nutbolt:
nobody is forcing you to listen MOVE ON, go listen to some sucky DramaJ CD.:balloon:

Yeah, I get that. But having somebody mediocre in your band just so nobody else will want them is a bit perverse, even by Morrissey's standards. 'The Linda McCartney of the band' :lbf: Whatever are you implying, Amy? :lbf:

Boz probably vouches to keep Jesse around because he’s an inferior guitarist and less of a threat to him then Alain was, yes Alain Whyte and Boz are friends or were friends we don’t know all the details of the falling out, but friendships can end when it comes down to money. No one wants Jesse just listen to last batch of songs he’s made for Morrissey instantly forgettable

Mcrickson has long been a greater fan of M's solo career so he is an exception to the rule, but I feel that in general...

no fan is ever over the death of The Smiths! Least of all Morrissey himself, who, as another user said recently, will be thinking of it on his own deathbed.

All that happened when The Smiths ended, was that Morrissey shed a bunch of dead weight. He's much more happier as a solo artist.

That's a bit disingenuous, Ket. It's lots of people's opinion and not just mine, as you well know. But since you ask...

He lacks both technical skill and creativity, when playing live and in his compositions. His playing does not stir, impress or excite: it is a clodhopping series of clanging power chords and the odd fumbled riff. Quite often his solos are a stuttering mess. Sometimes he plays wrong notes. Many of his songs are in my opinion among the worst Morrissey has written (although I quite like You Have Killed Me, so I'll give him that).

Not liking somebody's style of playing is, I agree, subjective. But a lack of technical skill is there for anybody who cares to listen and is entirely quantifiable.

There you go. That's how I come to that opinion. You have, I expect, a different one, and that's absolutely fine by me.
Well thought out, well explained, and well written. No insults or jabs. No crazy fonts or coloring that scream, 'look at me!'. Your words speak well enough for themselves.

I must say, I, or may I be as bold as to say, we agree.

Well done...be well all.

Well thought out, well explained, and well written. No insults or jabs. No crazy fonts or coloring that scream, 'look at me!'. Your words speak well enough for themselves.

Well done...be well all.
Thanks, SeniorLife. Be well yourself.

you really think so ?

I think he'll be praying that the headlines won't read...

' FORMER SMITHS FRONTMAN FOUND DEAD BLAH BLAH BLAH .... '

Well, slightly tongue-in-cheek perhaps, but...

Reflecting from my deathbed
I'm balancing life's riches
Against the ditches
And the flat, grey years in between.

I can't see those who tried to love me
Or those who felt they understood me
And I can't see those who very patiently
Put up with me
All I can see are the never laid, the never played
Symphonies

Hugely underrated song, I feel. It's been a while since his lyrics were as strong.

Against the ditches

Put up with me
Symphonies

Hugely underrated song, I feel. It's been a while since his lyrics were as strong.

One of my absolute favourites. I agree, wonderful lyrics but also great musical hooks - could never in a million years have been written by Tobias. And yes, I've often thought about the significance of those lyrics.

And the Smiths renditions. The undiluted f***ing horror of his Smiths renditions. Cemetry Gates, Last Night I Dreamt, Boy with the Thorn... it's like watching a child get out a box of crayons and scrawl on the Mona Lisa :lbf:.

He also has this bizarre habit of grimacing, as though with intense concentration, whilst playing the most basic chord progressions.

And let's all remember the time he agreed to go on stage wearing a bra/Speedos/stupid slogan T-shirts. Can you imagine Johnny, or Alain even, saying "Yes" to this?
article-2111076-120D7E46000005DC-95_1024x615_large.jpg
The grimacing is his coming face

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Anyone ever listen to splendid at all. Kinda like mazzy Star and he and his wife looked pretty cute on the cover

Well done...be well all.

:rolleyes:
OK Pep, now go on and post some congratulatory remark to yourself. Go on.o_O

Right, non playing DramaJ is the reincarnation of Jimmy Page.:crazy:

Against the ditches

Put up with me
Symphonies

Yes, agree, it is an amazing song, little else if anything done by any artist since can even compare to it, then there’s always his voice, especially on this song.

But, as I said, I don’t think his work in/as the Smiths will be the only thing on his mind when
he is thinking his last thoughts. His life has so far (and many more years to come) on this planet have been long and rich with rewards won during his solo years, which I must remind you, have been longer than the time span of the Smiths existence. And of course, besides his art, there is his inner/personal life and all the transformations and experiences that will color
and inform his final thoughts, which goes for all of us.

Though I hope, for him and everyone, that ones
heart is at peace and the mind is filled with no thoughts of the past or fears of nonexistence,
but a mind that’s open with surrender and a welcoming of the next great adventure, which is
death.

Against the ditches

Put up with me
Symphonies

Oh god, now I'm crying...

Though I hope, for him and everyone, that ones
heart is at peace and the mind is filled with no thoughts of the past or fears of nonexistence,
but a mind that’s open with surrender and a welcoming of the next great adventure,
Beautifully written. I too hope for the same things for all, because we are all going to be there at some point. And all of this will just be nonsense that, in the end, doesn't really mean much.

Be well...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom