Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck Dynasty

Posted on the official Morrissey Facebook page:

"Morrissey is thankful for being invited to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow, February 26. However, he cannot morally be on a television program where the cast members of Duck Dynasty will also be guests. Morrissey would be honored to play the show, if Duck Dynasty were removed."

UPDATE 9:00 PM PT:

MORRIZSEY posted the link to the press statement on true-to-you.net now, with the additional text:

Morrissey stated, "As far as my reputation is concerned, I can't take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers. If Jimmy cannot dump Duck Dynasty then we must step away."

UPDATE 5:05PM PT:

The Jimmy Kimmel Live page is listing "Churchill" as the musical guest on the 26th along with guests Terrence Howard and the Duck Dynasty family.

Show info from the Duck Dynasty page on A&E:

A&E's most-watched series, Duck Dynasty, is back for a third season. The show features a Louisiana bayou family living the American dream as they operate a thriving business while staying true to their family values and lifestyle.

...Some of what's to come this season on Duck Dynasty: Willie tries to lose weight for his high school reunion, Jase and Willie take Missy and Korie deer hunting, the guys rough it in the woods for opening day of duck season, and Si looks for a canine companion.

duckdynasty.jpg

UPDATE Feb. 26, 6:30PM PT:

DavidMich posts:

Duck Dynasty responded on Larry King by saying, "Who is Morrissey?" They were actually very nice and civil about it:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/460949

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

No one is obligated to like movies that are nearly universally regarded as timeless masterpieces (not dated '70s flicks), but comparing The Godfather 1 & 2 to Lifetime movies??? You're just trying to be contrarian!

But that's not what I wanted to say. Back to the topic at hand, I see Morrissey helped Duck Dynasty achieve its highest ratings: 'Duck Dynasty' soars on wings of Kimmel-Morrissey feud

I've never seen the program. The only reality show I've been watching of late is American Pickers over on the History Channel. But thanks to Morrissey I will check it out too. And in the Jimmy Kimmel segment I found the one duck fellow charming when he said he won't hold things against Morrissey, whoever he is, and he still will love him as his neighbor.

In just one sentence the duck guy won: Letting Morrissey know that, like most of the world, they have never heard of him, but regardless of who he is decent folks don't have to hate each other over their differences. Despite appearances, the duck guy proved he's more civilized and more real than the intolerant and prejudiced celebrity pop singer. Someone should get his vile soul dry-cleaned.

And I have a question: With the ratings boost Morrissey has given Duck Dynasty, will the popularity of hunting grow at an even faster rate among even lefty hipsters?

It seems to be a trend:

Hipsters Who Hunt - More liberals are shooting their own supper

Hunting is undeniably in vogue among the bearded, bicycle-riding, locavore set. The new trend might even be partly behind a recent 9 percent increase from 2006 to 2011 in the number of hunters in the United States after years of decline. Many of these new hunters are taking up the activity for ethical and environmental reasons.

Of course there are still some smelly old anti-hunters, stuck in their ways, unethical and lacking concern for the environment.

Some vegetarians don't even know how many animals are killed by farm equipment to bring them their vegetarian foods. City slickers -- so out of touch with reality, but so quick to self-righteously condemn folks who simply want to live their lives their way. (With freedom and ease combating ignorance, dust, and disease....)

Last edited:
Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

Whenever someone sites the film as being their favorite... or in their top five, I think, gee they have not seen too many films.

Godfather 1 & 2 are in my top 5 all time films, I am too a fellow owner of a vagina and 2 breasts and I've seen a f***-ton of other films, that's your theory crumbled to ash Toots

Seriously....... He is a vegetarian. Poor planning in his camps part. His manager should have known who as gonna be on the show. I've been listening to The Smiths/Morrissey for nearly 30yrs. Same with Depeche Mode. DM is my fav band. I started listening to them both at 10 yrs old and I just turned 39 in January. Absolutely insane!! :thumb:

Can't wait till Friday 3/8 for the Morrissey concert!!!!! Yippee.

TMPD in Portland

Godfather 1 & 2 are in my top 5 all time films, I am too a fellow owner of a vagina and 2 breasts and I've seen a f***-ton of other films, that's your theory crumbled to ash Toots

The Godfather movies are fantastic.

Last edited:

This is what I wrote: An iconic film beloved by many (mostly men).

See how you just might be one of the exceptions that were allotted for?

No one is obligated to like movies that are nearly universally regarded as timeless masterpieces (not dated '70s flicks), but comparing The Godfather 1 & 2 to Lifetime movies??? You're just trying to be contrarian!

I would never do that! :D

This is what I wrote: An iconic film beloved by many (mostly men).

See how you just might be one of the exceptions that were allotted for?

Hey Realitybites! How are you?
Re The Godfather films 1 and 2 (we don't like to talk about the 3rd one), being a bloke I ofcourse like them but then again, there are many films that we like simply because we remember enjoying them and everyone accepts them as 'great'. In the light of your view maybe I should re-visit.
However there is a niggle I've always had about the Godfather films, they do glamourise gangsters where Scorsese and The Sopranos do not. This, though would not make them bad films.

Hey Realitybites! How are you?
Re The Godfather films 1 and 2 (we don't like to talk about the 3rd one), being a bloke I ofcourse like them but then again, there are many films that we like simply because we remember enjoying them and everyone accepts them as 'great'. In the light of your view maybe I should re-visit.
However there is a niggle I've always had about the Godfather films, they do glamourise gangsters where Scorsese and The Sopranos do not. This, though would not make them bad films.

Hi Peterb. I am very well. Thank you for asking. And I hope things are fine in your neck of the woods as well.

I can't deny that the Godfather films do have their charms. One scene from The Godfather has cemented itself in my mind for eternity. It's the one where Sonny is gunned down at the toll booth. Violent. Penetrating. Devastating.

But the whole franchise is drowning in testosterone. That is my main beef with it all. And the over zealous fawning by critics and fans irks me a bit, making me want to diss it a little, just for fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Godfather 3 sucked :straightface:
and yeah, Sonny's death is still something I remember real well too
also, I thought De Niro was pretty awesome in the 2nd one :guitar:

Godfather 3 sucked :straightface:
and yeah, Sonny's death is still something I remember real well too
also, I thought De Niro was pretty awesome in the 2nd one :guitar:

Many years ago I rented Godfather part three but put in tape 2 by mistake.
I couldn't see what the big deal about Sofia Coppola was as she was hardly in it.
I realised my mistake later.

I had never heard of Duck Dynasty until this episode. I suppose Jimmy Kimmel really isn't filling Craig Kilburn shoes as he would have likely chosen Morrissey instead.

Theo said:
Some vegetarians don't even know how many animals are killed by farm equipment to bring them their vegetarian foods. City slickers -- so out of touch with reality, but so quick to self-righteously condemn folks who simply want to live their lives their way. (With freedom and ease combating ignorance, dust, and disease....)

I suppose this is one of those vegan vs. vegetarian things.
Things like bone sugar are an issue for some but I can tell you when I was eleven I hadn't thought out as many things about vegetarianism/veganism to realise about bone sugar or the bugs used for dye.
I'm not a vegan of course but still it's a learning experience when you become a vegetarian as well.
People have to start somewhere.

Your comment reminds me of that annoying article Can vegans stomach the unpalatable truth about quinoa?
That article really took it to the next level and blamed vegetarians for something way beyond our scope.

Tags
kimmel morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom