Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck Dynasty

Posted on the official Morrissey Facebook page:

"Morrissey is thankful for being invited to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow, February 26. However, he cannot morally be on a television program where the cast members of Duck Dynasty will also be guests. Morrissey would be honored to play the show, if Duck Dynasty were removed."

UPDATE 9:00 PM PT:

MORRIZSEY posted the link to the press statement on true-to-you.net now, with the additional text:

Morrissey stated, "As far as my reputation is concerned, I can't take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers. If Jimmy cannot dump Duck Dynasty then we must step away."

UPDATE 5:05PM PT:

The Jimmy Kimmel Live page is listing "Churchill" as the musical guest on the 26th along with guests Terrence Howard and the Duck Dynasty family.

Show info from the Duck Dynasty page on A&E:

A&E's most-watched series, Duck Dynasty, is back for a third season. The show features a Louisiana bayou family living the American dream as they operate a thriving business while staying true to their family values and lifestyle.

...Some of what's to come this season on Duck Dynasty: Willie tries to lose weight for his high school reunion, Jase and Willie take Missy and Korie deer hunting, the guys rough it in the woods for opening day of duck season, and Si looks for a canine companion.

duckdynasty.jpg

UPDATE Feb. 26, 6:30PM PT:

DavidMich posts:

Duck Dynasty responded on Larry King by saying, "Who is Morrissey?" They were actually very nice and civil about it:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/460949

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

Why on earth do people take what they read on this site so seriously? It is only an internet forum about a pop star. To be upset by what you read here
is just crazy. The only thing that even gets near being 'important' is the entertainment factor. I think a moderator telling someone to 'f*** off' is wonderful.

Spot on Peterb I agree with you keep it up mods if yer don't like it f*** off !

It was ok for Mozz to wear a t-shirt saying Fucck morrissey solo was'nt it !

POT-KETTLE

Re: Article: Morrissey cancels Jimmy Kimmel appearance 2/26 over scheduled guest Duck

Damn. I was hoping for a rare runout for People Are The Same Everywhere.

I believe in America. America has made my fortune. And I raised my daughter in the American fashion. I gave her freedom but I taught her never to dishonor her family.

But America must realise that Duck Dynasty, Man vs. Food, Future Weapons, the Real Housewives and others give an impression of the country that does it no favours. The US government thinks radical Islam is driven by geopolitics and extremism. It isn't. Its seeing that fatf*** Tottenham Hotspur "fan" stuffing his disgusting face with six pounds of chili dolphin on a four foot bun while being roared on by rednecks.

That line reads like dialogue from an honor killing horror story. Are you Muslim? Hindu?

Last edited:

This user is a known troll. Why should other users be able to use certain words and not me? And, furthermore, why should anyone ascribe any validity to someone whio urges people to go to a website that doesn't even exist? Allyouneedisme.com? Sure, go ahead and set it up.

P.

By 'troll' I assume you mean "past 'violator of TOS' such as to warnings/warrant time-out/ban"?
Your opinions/language etiquette as a poster are entirely separate to your protocols as moderator. Perhaps that's not the case on AYNIM-Pravda.
You were finally brave enough to tell me to "f*** off and die" with a charming Keep Calm postcard.
I was traumatized for an entire 2 seconds. :tears:
Don't mock newbie tech skillz, are you a coder here too? Or just a mod? Not that I need an answer.

f***ety-bye!
B.B

enjoy open, honest discussion and really do want to know what people think. I do not expect a sycophantic site where everyone extolls Morrissey's virtues and believes he can do no wrong, because that is obviously not true. He is a riff, raff human being like the rest of us.

I find it upsetting to read comment after comment where people constantly bash each other and Morrissey. You can make your point, criticize something, and disagree with someone, yet still be civil. Perhaps I am too sensitive, but it is sad when you almost feel like you have to wear battle armor to read/comment in non-pigsty threads. I have seen first time posters make an observation and immediately get attacked for reason.

When I read some of the more vile comments, I often wonder if the commenter would make the same rude, crude, venomous statements if they were actually speaking face to face with the person they are attacking. I would hope they would tone it down to something more reasonable so they could have a discussion.

I do not believe Moderators should tell people to "f*** off" or to "leave the site" as their answer to a poster. I expect more genteel behavior from them. I have never seen David Tseng do that; he is always polite and civil when he replies to people, even if they are in major disagreement on an issue. Perhaps I view the mods to be like the manager at a store who comes over to calm the situation down, rather than enflame it. I can't picture a store manager telling a customer to f*** off and go elsewhere, can you? If he did, he wouldn't have the position for very long before being removed.

I was reacting to Peter's comment, which I have seen on many occasions directed at various posters. I was not defending Smiler with my comment; it had nothing at all to do with him. Seeing a moderater tell someone to f*** off was just one time too many for me, and I reacted.

The asylum comment was mine alone...because it often seems like that is what this place is. As a person who only first of heard Morrissey in 2008, this site was the first place where I learned about him. It has a lot of great info and a lot of reasonable, intelligent, extremely witty people whose comments are interesting and promote interactive discussion. It also has many who are downright rude, nasty attack dogs, and they detract from the dialog and from the site IMHO. Unfortunately, the negativity and sniping is the residual impression you are left with; I am not sure why that is, but it devalues what should be a really great thing.

Why should I be genteel? Where are the rules that say that? I am a user of this site just like everyone else, i demand no special treatment. Why is it OK for Morrissey to use a rude word on a t-shirt but not me?

P.

Why should I be genteel? Where are the rules that say that? I am a user of this site just like everyone else, i demand no special treatment. Why is it OK for Morrissey to use a rude word on a t-shirt but not me?

P.

Everytime its the same with you "Morrissey says mean things so why can't I?" - its quite pathetic, the truth is these are your true colours Peter - for all to see. I am not a troll, I am polite, and well informed and have been a Morrissey fan for many years, I do point out the lies, inconsistencies and negativity on this site quite often and I can be like a dog with a bone when i know i'm right. In the many years i have been on this site I have been given one infringement (I got that because i reported you Peter for being abusive and was told i was wasting moderators time). i am clearly not a troll, that much is evident for all to see, what is also clear is that i make the owner and moderators of this site rather uncomfortable, otherwise they'd just ignore me, I post very very rarely after all.

P.

the TOS state that you must not

"upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;"

you've certainly made abusive posts on this site, including the one in question here

Early dealings with smiler were always met by the mods with more than a modicum of politeness and restraint. It got to a point where smiler was blatantly and relentlessly talking advantage of their patience and proving incapable of anything resembling courtesy, logic, or rational debate. There is no other way to deal with him other than telling him to f*** off. The guy is a nuisance and offers this place nothing but headaches. He isn't even a mildly amusing, original troll, like Brummie. He's just a sad, annoying bastard.

Hi Skylarker, It seems i have you somewhat rattled.

The thing about this website is that any user can search a posters history and see what they have posted. I don't even need to defend myself or attack you, people can check for themselves. Some time ago I began to feel that this site had a negative agenda against Morrissey, this began because of some legal disputes between Morrissey and this site and it has subsequently escalated, Its a common situation, it seems you all got too close to the sun and got burned and now bitterness is all that remains. Since then I have picked up on and then highlighted the bias on this website whenever it becomes evident. Clearly the site owner and moderator do not like me doing this and when they are unable to defend themselves they quickly resort to abuse, which is amusing. Read the thread linked above and decide for yourself. I do not get abusive or rude and I am not a troll (I have had just one infringment since i joined here many years ago). I used to think this site was great and it remains a great resource, however now the moderators and owner are so hung up on promoting their own view (that Morrissey is washed up and out of touch) that the websites content is now completely unreliable.

allyouneedismorrissey.com is now a much more reliable source, with better discussion and more news scoops, but i will continue to post here to highlight the negativity and shepard the alienated posters to the far better place, its the least I can do.

Last edited:

allyouneedismorrissey.com is now a much more reliable source, with better discussion and more news scoops, but i will continue to post here to highlight the negativity and shepard the alienated posters to the far better place, its the least I can do.

Wow, you're like...the Christ of Solo.

"upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;"

you've certainly made abusive posts on this site, including the one in question here

^^^this

Yet it appears no action will be taken even when its that blatant. When the moderators continue in this vain it only further alienates the good posters (as it has here)

^^^this

Yet it appears no action will be taken even when its that blatant. When the moderators continue in this vain it only further alienates the good posters (as it has here)

The word is "vein"...

I think both apply

They don't. Idioms aren't meant to be altered for last minute puns.

I would never call myself the Christ of Solo that would not be for me to say, thats for other people to say.

jesuscompasivo.jpg

That was abusive? What was abusive about it? Was it the rude word that you didn't like? The same one Morrissey (gasp) used?

P.

Everytime its the same with you "Morrissey says mean things so why can't I?" - its quite pathetic, the truth is these are your true colours Peter - for all to see. I am not a troll, I am polite, and well informed and have been a Morrissey fan for many years, I do point out the lies, inconsistencies and negativity on this site quite often and I can be like a dog with a bone when i know i'm right. In the many years i have been on this site I have been given one infringement (I got that because i reported you Peter for being abusive and was told i was wasting moderators time). i am clearly not a troll, that much is evident for all to see, what is also clear is that i make the owner and moderators of this site rather uncomfortable, otherwise they'd just ignore me, I post very very rarely after all.

Bye!

P.

Tags
kimmel morrissey
Back
Top Bottom