Morrissey Central: The Secret Of Music - 9th April, 2018

With great relief, some pride and joy, I express my sincere thanks to you for our recent UK/Mexico tour - which, impossibly, perhaps, seemed like our best yet. I felt mesmerized by the audience at Alexandra Palace, and overwhelmed by the audiences at Birmingham and Glasgow. That compressed image, to the very last glimpse, is in the mind forever. It’s a joy that even happiness might become confused by. So, thank you - in the most plain language, for your support and loyalty, both of which could never be questioned.

I am sorry that our art-hounds at The Independent and The Guardian were so hateful about the tour, but as we now know, hatred is their income. They do not care and they have no taste. Rather than suffer the ordeal of insanity, I would suggest that you never again buy or log onto these ‘hoax news’ outlets: they will die quickly without you.

Enormous thanks to Radio 2 for adding Jacky’s only happy when she’s up on the stage to their playlist this week! This is as our My love, I’d do anything for you single spends its second week at number 1 in the UK vinyl chart. We are immensely proud.

It’s difficult to pull the best from the greatest, but our recent dates were most stylishly celebratory at:

1.LONDON Palladium (10 March)

2.MEXICO CITY (17 March)

3.LONDON Alexandra Palace (9 March)

4.GLASGOW SSE Hydro Arena (17 Feb)

5.NEWCASTLE Metro Arena (23 Feb)

6.LEEDS First Direct Arena (24 Feb)

7.BIRMINGHAM Genting Arena (27 Feb)

8.LONDON Brixton Academy (1 March)

9.ABERDEEN GE Arena (16 Feb)

10.LONDON Royal Albert Hall (7 March)

11.BRIGHTON Center (3 March)

12.DUBLIN 3arena (20 Feb)

Thanks to all venues for being 100% vegan: it’s great to eat and to save lives at the same time. Meanwhile, The Great Conor McGregor’s new TV commercial for Burger King looks like something out of the last century - marooned in the past.

We plan a release for our Back on the chain gang single for August - if the wind remains at our backs and in our sails. If you find yourself at a loose end until then, please read Douglas Murray’s The strange death of Europe.

I believe the unquestionably qualified writer J Rogan is researching yet another book of Morrissey Gossip. He simply hasn’t made enough money from the Smiths/Morrissey; he hasn’t yet extracted enough blood; he hasn’t yet caused enough propulsive sorrow; he hasn’t yet wafted a dead body downriver; he hasn’t yet been congratulated for his inexhaustibly mundane enterprise of gossip; he cannot write and move on, and should you bear a barbaric grudge he shall shortly ring your doorbell in the name of thumbscrew research.

For me, now, life is enough, and your support elevates me all over again. I can only continue expressing my thanks to you for all that you do, and I brim with pride to think that we’re all still here.

Incontestably yours

MORRISSEY

9 April 2018.

Image-1.png

http://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-secret-of-music

Link first shared here:

20180409_135715.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Yeah, in general I liked the way he addressed the fans in the messagge, just a bit tired of the newspaper feud as he already made the point in the previous one. Let's hope we all go back to music soon.

What?! Morrissey is anti-immigration? Why has no one ever mentioned this before? I'm shocked, I tell ya - SHOCKED to my very core! :fearscream:

He's not "anti-immigration" unless you think a citizen questioning their government's current immigration policies means they oppose immigration in general.

What's with that picture? :squiffy:

I'm not understanding how this web site has the right to copy Morrissey's entire post from Morrissey Central and paste it over here. The full text and photo.
You should only quote an excerpt and then link to his site. Unless he gave you permission, what you did was steal his blog post. Tsk tsk

From Johnny Foreigner to Johnny Rogan in one fell swoop........ it's just another day in Morrisseyland.

I think the greatest irony here is Morrissey's family were Irish immigrants who moved to Manchester. I don't really see a difference between this and the rubbish he's currently spouting. Plus off course he spent years living in LA and various other foreign countries. Who doubtless welcomed him with open arms? Some double standards here I'm afraid.

I wonder how much Morrissey has thought about the likelihood that, all else being equal, Brexit will naturally mean a substantial increase in Muslim immigration into the UK.

What's with that picture? :squiffy:

Do you not get it? Morrissey's making the point that he's not racist because black children wear his name on their t-shirts, in a parallel universe.

In fairness, the nephew's Photoshop skills are developing, slowly but surely. Almost GCSE level now. The M in Morrissey needs a tutor to take a look, though.

Do you not get it? Morrissey's making the point that he's not racist because black children wear his name on their t-shirts, in a parallel universe.

In fairness, the nephew's Photoshop skills are developing, slowly but surely. Almost CGSE level now.

It gives off a creepy slave vibe. Like his army of little black slaves will defend him to the death.

Someone should have rethought that.

It gives off a creepy slave vibe. Like his army of little black slaves will defend him to the death.

It seemed more to me like Morrissey has set up a martial arts club and these kids are on an induction. Your reading is probably just as valid, but it should be kept in mind that all these Photoshop images are basically artless pixel-wastage. Looking for a meaning beyond the juxtaposition between some black people and Morrissey's name is a fool's errand.

I've said it before and say it again but you are one of few intellectuals on here and also I believe you are a popular culture professor.

Not bad at all for a house sitter.

Nationalism is a cancer. It brings nothing good to any discussion. It's on par with religion in terms of the damage it has caused throughout history. It's cultural thumb-sucking.

Nobody's losing their culture, but cultures inevitably change. Get over it.

You could end immigration tomorrow, and there's already enough diversity to make the future look very different than it does now, but that's the way it was supposed to be. Romanticizing a culture that never really existed is an egotistical illusion that the culturally paranoid have gone through throughout history.

Future generations will be the ones to decide what the state of the world looks like, not the ones on their way out. They will cope with it much better than you did, and there's nothing you can do about that.

Morrissey has done nothing but trash British culture throughout his career, and considering that he's second generation Irish, and the prejudice that likely brought with it, his inability to grasp the concept of empathy outside of his bourgeois, sentimental pose on animal rights, is remarkable.

He hates people, so it's much easier for him to divide them up, and panic when they don't comport to his world view.

He's a bully at a distance, and he's always been.

On a side-note, I've grown nauseated by his overwrought prose. It's pretentious.
We'll have to agree to disagree then. I'm with Morrissey on this. And if you think romanticizing a culture that never really existed is such a bad thing, what are you doing listening to Moz and The Smiths? Personally, I think future generations will curse our name for the things we've sat back and allowed to happen.

Oh! This is wonderful. Morrissey is never boring.

I absolutely love this:

"I believe the unquestionably qualified writer J Rogan is researching yet another book of Morrissey Gossip. He simply hasn’t made enough money from the Smiths/Morrissey; he hasn’t yet extracted enough blood; he hasn’t yet caused enough propulsive sorrow; he hasn’t yet wafted a dead body downriver; he hasn’t yet been congratulated for his inexhaustibly mundane enterprise of gossip; he cannot write and move on, and should you bear a barbaric grudge he shall shortly ring your doorbell in the name of thumbscrew research."

Marooned is a great word.

I think the greatest irony here is Morrissey's family were Irish immigrants who moved to Manchester. I don't really see a difference between this and the rubbish he's currently spouting.
If I'm reading it correctly (going by the reviews of the book he recommended) I presume the big difference in Morrissey's eyes is that while his family were Irish immigrants, they weren't Muslim, so were better able to integrate into British society. Presumably he also doesn't have issues with all immigration - eg: white English folks moving to Switzerland, or Los Angeles.

Morrissey - Straight outta Compton. On a shelf far too close to you for comfort.

I'm sure attendees in Dublin will be chuffed to be at the bottom.
To be fair, the mood was oddly restrained in the audience at Dublin. It was still a decent show, but a large percentage of the crowd seemed relatively lifeless. Not the usual wild reception.

Couple points:

- The t-shirts on the lil lads look either photoshopped or bootlegged. The font on the original and "official" t-shirt is much different. Not quite sure if Moz is trying to make a statement like those ill-fated James Baldwin "I wear black on the outside because I feel black on the inside" t-shirts or not
- Rogan has revised and updated the Severed Alliance a few times. Don't know what he could possibly write about anymore but both he and Moz seem to enjoy beating a dead horse repeatedly.
- I'll keep reading the Guardian, thank you very much. They've ran many pro-vegan/vegetarian articles recently but Moz hasn't seen them. Never read the Independent so no loss there. Anyone remember the days when the NME really had it in for Moz? Seems ancient history now.
- Never heard of Douglas Murray or his book. Can I judge both by their cover?

Oh! This is wonderful. Morrissey is never boring.

I absolutely love this:

"I believe the unquestionably qualified writer J Rogan is researching yet another book of Morrissey Gossip. He simply hasn’t made enough money from the Smiths/Morrissey; he hasn’t yet extracted enough blood; he hasn’t yet caused enough propulsive sorrow; he hasn’t yet wafted a dead body downriver; he hasn’t yet been congratulated for his inexhaustibly mundane enterprise of gossip; he cannot write and move on, and should you bear a barbaric grudge he shall shortly ring your doorbell in the name of thumbscrew research."

Marooned is a great word.
Whereas moron is not.

*cough*

This is a message from the bash South America foundation.

From Johnny Foreigner to Johnny Rogan in one fell swoop........ it's just another day in Morrisseyland.

I think the greatest irony here is Morrissey's family were Irish immigrants who moved to Manchester. I don't really see a difference between this and the rubbish he's currently spouting. Plus off course he spent years living in LA and various other foreign countries. Who doubtless welcomed him with open arms? Some double standards here I'm afraid.

Someone who believes current immigration policies set by the elites are harmful is not the same as being against immigration. He certainly is not against immigrants. I've never heard Morrissey state England should become a closed country like Japan once upon a time. I've heard him say England should continue to be England.

Supporting immigration does not mean you must approve of bringing in so many people from a very different culture in so short a time that, combined with their high birth rates, the welcoming country cannot absorb them, all sorts of problems are caused, and the existing culture is being overrun and displaced. People have a right to voice their opinion on policies that determine the longterm future of their country, and not be told they must shut up or be labeled "racists". How can a government even arrive at the best policy if they are shutting down free speech from those who have every right to be heard in their democracy?

If someone says he cannot stand the idea of a family from Pakistan living in his neighborhood, that would be intolerant and xenophobic. But if that person doesn't think their neighborhood should instantly become Little Islamabad - with grooming gangs preying on their children and an un-assimilated growing Muslim subculture that holds their cultural values in contempt, and teenagers being blown up at concert halls - do they not have a right to say their government is not acting in the best interests of the citizens it is supposed to be serving?

Do you think there should be limits put on the number of people coming in? If so, then why should only the political and media elites get to determine the limits? Do they truly care about the citizenry's legitimate concerns? Or are they recklessly ramming their policy down everyone's throats?

And tell us what you think is the ideal number of immigrants from Islamic countries per year. Break down your cost-benefit analysis and all your considerations to arrive at that number. Then tell us why you set it at that number when so many more want to come in? Why not quadruple the number from Syria next year? Why have any limits at all? Is it anti-immigration if you don't think that's a good idea?

Moz sent the Muslim contingent here off spinning like tops:laughing:
Hes got them renting their babushkas and moaning to Allah. LOL

Fake news :OUT
Islam and Loonies:OUT:rock:
Moz sell outs and NO 1 albums: IN

Buy the Douglas book, if the Muslim nutjobs here are in a tizzy over
it then its sure to be a great and incisive work.
;)

LOL Rogan has no money. AGAIN!
Not another Rogan Gossip book!
No work mowing lawns?
Poor miserable sap, trying to feed himself off Moz.o_O

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom