Morrissey Central: The Secret Of Music - 9th April, 2018

With great relief, some pride and joy, I express my sincere thanks to you for our recent UK/Mexico tour - which, impossibly, perhaps, seemed like our best yet. I felt mesmerized by the audience at Alexandra Palace, and overwhelmed by the audiences at Birmingham and Glasgow. That compressed image, to the very last glimpse, is in the mind forever. It’s a joy that even happiness might become confused by. So, thank you - in the most plain language, for your support and loyalty, both of which could never be questioned.

I am sorry that our art-hounds at The Independent and The Guardian were so hateful about the tour, but as we now know, hatred is their income. They do not care and they have no taste. Rather than suffer the ordeal of insanity, I would suggest that you never again buy or log onto these ‘hoax news’ outlets: they will die quickly without you.

Enormous thanks to Radio 2 for adding Jacky’s only happy when she’s up on the stage to their playlist this week! This is as our My love, I’d do anything for you single spends its second week at number 1 in the UK vinyl chart. We are immensely proud.

It’s difficult to pull the best from the greatest, but our recent dates were most stylishly celebratory at:

1.LONDON Palladium (10 March)

2.MEXICO CITY (17 March)

3.LONDON Alexandra Palace (9 March)

4.GLASGOW SSE Hydro Arena (17 Feb)

5.NEWCASTLE Metro Arena (23 Feb)

6.LEEDS First Direct Arena (24 Feb)

7.BIRMINGHAM Genting Arena (27 Feb)

8.LONDON Brixton Academy (1 March)

9.ABERDEEN GE Arena (16 Feb)

10.LONDON Royal Albert Hall (7 March)

11.BRIGHTON Center (3 March)

12.DUBLIN 3arena (20 Feb)

Thanks to all venues for being 100% vegan: it’s great to eat and to save lives at the same time. Meanwhile, The Great Conor McGregor’s new TV commercial for Burger King looks like something out of the last century - marooned in the past.

We plan a release for our Back on the chain gang single for August - if the wind remains at our backs and in our sails. If you find yourself at a loose end until then, please read Douglas Murray’s The strange death of Europe.

I believe the unquestionably qualified writer J Rogan is researching yet another book of Morrissey Gossip. He simply hasn’t made enough money from the Smiths/Morrissey; he hasn’t yet extracted enough blood; he hasn’t yet caused enough propulsive sorrow; he hasn’t yet wafted a dead body downriver; he hasn’t yet been congratulated for his inexhaustibly mundane enterprise of gossip; he cannot write and move on, and should you bear a barbaric grudge he shall shortly ring your doorbell in the name of thumbscrew research.

For me, now, life is enough, and your support elevates me all over again. I can only continue expressing my thanks to you for all that you do, and I brim with pride to think that we’re all still here.

Incontestably yours

MORRISSEY

9 April 2018.

Image-1.png

http://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-secret-of-music

Link first shared here:

20180409_135715.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Also, “islamophobe” is the equivalent of “nazophobe.” I happily embrace the fear and hatred toward a severely intolerant, oppressive, sexist and homophobic culture such as Islam (and nazism).

I liked most of his statement apart from the usual negativity about the press. Surely he doesn't expect everyone and every paper to like him? If they did wouldn't he have more reason to be worried?
BUT....... Dublin at #12? Disgrace! What WAS he thinking? Surely he knew I was there with my top Mankfester friend baying along to each song? I bet it's cos we didn't buy any t-shirts. I feel so guilty now.

if-you-ain-t-first-you-re-last-2.png

Whats wrong with your mind? Do you
actually think such thoughts, that you may
be driving and you may crash and the culprit
may be a black dude or a mexican dude
and that you would hurl racist epithets
at them? Then you project his whole
WOWE is racist me "Labal" onto Moz?

A team of analysts may have
to work on you. If it makes you
feel any better, I don't think Allah
has any problems with racists going
to Paradise with the virgins and
the fountains of olive oil.:oldwoman::handpointleft:

Back on the Chain Gang will> NO 1. Start getting ready now to
accept it when it happens in Aug.:bow:

c*** face your still around?

Also, “islamophobe” is the equivalent of “nazophobe.” I happily embrace the fear and hatred toward a severely intolerant, oppressive, sexist and homophobic culture such as Islam (and nazism).

No, it's not. You're confusing Islam with Islamism, it's like saying that all Christians are the same as the Christian right -- and there are Christian terrorists too, but we just don't think that every Christian is a terrorist in waiting.

There is an underlying form of racism or prejudice that Morrissey spouts and he is xenophobic when it comes to immigrants entering England. Let me use an analogy of what Morrissey is, he’s the white person that will say insensitive shit like a black person being shot or beaten by a police officers, he will think and that the black person deserved to get beaten because he wasn’t listening to the police officer he should know better and that the black person is probably a low life anyways, but when he gets called out being a racist for what he said he will defend himself by saying I’m not racist I have black friends and co-workers. Sometimes people are racist without even knowing it because it’s white pivledge they’ve had they’re entire life. What I find ironic is how Morrissey will blast Donald Trump because his immigration ideology and brexit views are totally spot on the same. Morrissey claims to be liberal but his way of thinking really is conservative.

Completely false and even disgusting analogy.
There's nothing remotely racist about being concerned about the high rate of migration of people of whom a substantial portion have a set of values and norms that is at odds with the values and norms of the country they are moving to and whose thinking is often dictated by religious dogma's.

Here is the actual definition, it's a bit different from yours. I think it's helpful if everyone is on the same page.

1Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

1.1 The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
‘theories of racism’

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/racism

That's because Oxford people support the theory that promotes the existence of human races. That's quackery because contemporary science does not support it.

The notion that expressing concern about immigration, Islam and Islamism is de facto racism is beyond ridiculous. These are legitimate concerns and should be treated seriously. But it's not helped by the number of actual racists harping on about immigration, Islam and Islamism. It's also not helped by the general tone of disgust and sensationalist language employed by people, particularly in criticising Islam.

Better, surely, to engage with the various progressive movements within Islam. There are feminist groups (e.g. Sisters in Islam). There are LGBT rights groups (e.g. the Muslim Alliance for Sexual and Gender Diversity, and the Al-Fatiha Foundation). There are liberal/reforming groups (e.g. Progressive British Muslims, the Inclusive Mosque Initiative). Why not sing the praises of these organisations and work with them to bring about meaningful change, rather than simply calling for Muslims to be banned etc?

I'd be delighted to see Morrissey wearing a Muslim Alliance for Sexual and Gender Diversity t-shirt at his next concert.

Horseshit. You showed yourself up by starting about immigration, then went on to be specific about Muslims.

Not all immigrants are Muslims, not all Muslims are immigrants, and you are conflating the two in order to back up ol' Mozzer.

Where did I back Morrissey? Where did I give the impression that I believe all immigrants are Muslims and all Muslims are immigrants?

Also, I didn't conflate anything; I simply went in a particular direction.

You're jumping at shadows. Imaginary shadows, at that.

The notion that expressing concern about immigration, Islam and Islamism is de facto racism is beyond ridiculous. These are legitimate concerns and should be treated seriously. But it's not helped by the number of actual racists harping on about immigration, Islam and Islamism. It's also not helped by the general tone of disgust and sensationalist language employed by people, particularly in criticising Islam.

Better, surely, to engage with the various progressive movements within Islam. There are feminist groups (e.g. Sisters in Islam). There are LGBT rights groups (e.g. the Muslim Alliance for Sexual and Gender Diversity, and the Al-Fatiha Foundation). There are liberal/reforming groups (e.g. Progressive British Muslims, the Inclusive Mosque Initiative). Why not sing the praises of these organisations and work with them to bring about meaningful change, rather than simply calling for Muslims to be banned etc?

I'd be delighted to see Morrissey wearing a Muslim Alliance for Sexual and Gender Diversity t-shirt at his next concert.

Engage LOL how about disengage with the whole thing.
Progressive elements within Islam? Like who?
Cheswick and Skinny?:laughing:
I dont think its going to work out.:swear
The problem is not immigration
per se but Islamic immigration that think
the country they are going to is
full of infidels for the taking.
The stuff about infidels applies
to all of Islam check it out.
Go to any Islamic country and
start singing Moz stuff on the sidewalk
and report back what happens.

Trending Threads