Morrissey confirmed for Riot Fest

UPDATE May 27:
TTY: Chicago Riot Fest back on

UPDATE May 23:

TTY: Morrissey not part of Chicago Riot Fest as of May 23

UPDATE 6:58 AM PT:

Morrissey is listed on the official Riot Fest lineup page for Chicago (Sep. 16, 17, 18). Tickets on sale now.

Riot Fest reveals 2016 lineup, and it’s batshit crazy - Consequence Of Sound
Chicago and Denver events boast Morrissey, Ween, Deftones, Death Grips, Sleater-Kinney, NAS, Rob Zombie, Refused, and many more

Excerpt:

Riot Fest has revealed the lineups for its upcoming festivals in Chicago and Denver.

Now in its 12th year, the festival’s flagship event, Riot Fest Chicago, takes place September 16th – 18th at Douglas Park. And, once again, the lineup is absolutely bonkers.

In addition to a previously announced reunion of the Misfits’ founding members, the lineup boasts Morrissey, Ween, Social Distortion (performing White Light, White Heat, White Trash), Rob Zombie (performing White Zombie’s Astro-Creep: 2000), Death Cab For Cutie, Brand New, NAS, Deftones, Refused, Death Grips, Descendents, The Specials, Foo Fighters side-project Chevy Metal, and Fugazi offshoot Girls Against Boys.

38697_chicago_2016_admat_WEB2-662x1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny me and Rachel would be trying to figure out how to see everything at once. The wonder years released a fantastic album last year with some really moving lyrics about the guilt soupy felt over the death of his friend and not being there for him, even being angry at him. Cardinals was also a great video made on a small budget. I appreciated how touching it was and how clear the message was with such a minimal setup budget. It's him running with a an unconscious person in his arms both soaked moving in slow motion through what looks like a typical pa neighborhood though I don't know where it was shot. People doing normal things like playing basketball in the background barely noticing as the camera pans to show that they're running to an ambulance that's closing its doors and pulling away before he reaches it. That whole is album great lyrically even if the music not your thing. Would be great if he played divorce and the American south from his other band. Song brings me to tears. also never got to see Thursday play there last album and I'd love to hear no answers and magnets caught in a metal heart. Lol I'm talking as if I'd be able to go. Not much straight up pop music electronica electro pop or old school post punk but this festival has only gotten bigger and better and I think the American crowd will love the line up. guess death cab come close to the straight pop music and for sure some jimmy eat world depending on what they play. Weird that me first is gonna play but the only other act with members there are from nods. Weird to see no lagwagon or even cape solo. Wonder if brand new will mention moz or play the song since he's there. It'd be funny

Yes unknown. That hardcore stuff only appeales to a tiny segment of derelicts, who know nothing about music but choose to attend concers in order to bang and bounce into each other. They 'music' is irrelevant as long as its nothing with any sensibility.

Moz must really need the cash to subject himself to such a booking where they will surely will torment hims with shouts of KFC if they recognize him at all

what a pompous twat. You must have a lot of friends.
There's a big world out there son. Open your eyes and get out and experience some of it. Or does the real world frighten you?

I'm intrigued to see and hear what the band who call themselves f***ED UP are like.great poster, moz flanked by two tigers.dont think iv seen so many names on a poster,that could be two glastonburys or three t in the parks.

does anybody else think we might get a few new songs,i think we might...think Morrissey and the band are probably sick of the same songs over and over.try them out then their will be a tour later in the year.

This seems consistent with M's recent refocus on punk.
While the TTY statements/photos are not for everyone (or anyone?) they definitely fit the punk ethos.

I'm intrigued to see and hear what the band who call themselves f***ED UP are like.great poster, moz flanked by two tigers.dont think iv seen so many names on a poster,that could be two glastonburys or three t in the parks.
They're alright. Large band who do I guess kinda an arty slant on post hardcore. Some good songs but they can get a bit boring for me now and then. Not that I don't like art post hardcore but there version can drag a bit. Got some attention from places like pitchfork a few years ago

Looks funny having the '????' next on the bill after Morrissey. At a casual glance it's like the promoters are saying: 'WTF, Moz is playing at this concert!'.
Anyway, here's hoping Moz showcases some new songs. If he came up with another song of the calibre of 'Irish Blood' or 'First of the Gang' I think his chances of getting a record deal would improve.

I am concerned at this advertisement. It shows tigers at both upper corners, and I fear that caged animals might be present at Riot Fest. Can anyone confirm this? It says that Riot Fest is also a "carnival." I am genuinely worried. Thanks.

I am so hoping for another tour with small venues this go around, those venues were the funnest and i think Morrissey liked them too. I think he should do a really intimate venue too, like a hotel. Does anyone have any information on tour that they can post?, anonymously of course. TTY silent so far. You are the best Morrissey!

Everything is bigger in USA

I like -a lot- Death Cab for Cutie and -a little less- Bad Religion.

Everything up to and including the grey race is excellent but I can't do to much beyond that for bad religion. Maybe the process of belief. Did you ever hear into the unknown. It's there second album that ended the band for years until they released suffer. They refused to reissue it for like forever but did not to long ago. It's worth a curious listen as it sounds nothing like bad religion who are kinda known for there consistent sound. Only penny wise probably has a more consistent style for every album

I am concerned at this advertisement. It shows tigers at both upper corners, and I fear that caged animals might be present at Riot Fest. Can anyone confirm this? It says that Riot Fest is also a "carnival." I am genuinely worried. Thanks.
Janet from Sleater-Kinney(they are playing the Denver Fest) tweeted this yesterday;

"Riot Fest will NOT have any live animal attractions or circus animals or animal rides."

Its not remotely animal friendly wide of assortment of meat offered for consumption. Fat burgers, Sausage sizzlers, Chicken kebabs being the first items that come to mind.
All the ballyhoo with the TTY posts but a soon as there a shilling in the offering....BOOM

There are lots of vegan options as well though. It's not like it's just his show or that he only does meat free events. He's tried it where he can when its him headlining which I think is to the good. i say this as a person who is not vegan and still enjoyed his concerts

Nobody forced him to make the booking at this animal unfriendly festival. The Royals in the UK eat animal flesh 3000 miles away and its a TTY post full of condemnation, but thousands eat mouth watering triple cheese burgers right in front of him and its ok because hes getting paid.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom