Morrissey drive in concert - would you go?

He could play the parking lots at Jones Beach or Nassau Coliseum a la 1991. Both large enough and fits enough cars.
Wouldn't be the same atmosphere for him or us, but to hear his voice and experience something new, I'd do it!

I don't think this idea will take off, who wants to sit in a car watching a gig, absolute nonsense, Moz would never take part as it's wrong on so many levels.

It’s a ridiculous idea, and really not required. In the UK we currently have a 2 metre distancing policy, with the rest of Europe adopting shorter distances of 1 to 1.5 metres. We currently have a Conservative government who are funded heavily by the drinks and retails industries. He who pays the Piper calls the tune as the say. That’s certainly the case here. The government will reduce the accepted distance to 1 metre, and as a consequence more people will catch the virus and there will be more deaths. But business will be back ringing those tills.

This is a problem for indoor events. However, most scientists are in agreement that outside we are at a significantly reduced risk of catching coronavirus from others. So why the need to be sat in cars and having to look at a stage over a car park? We could have picnic concerts. I’ve been to them, and for some music genres they can work.

Of course, there is a fly in the ointment. The weather. By the time these events were allowed, and organise, we’d be in Autumn. Not a reliable time for picnics.

No. I wouldn’t go to a car gig. Imagine sitting in the car with the wipers on watching a gig in the rain.

No, and I laughed at Gary "Let me flog Cars one more time" Numan doing so. It's an insult to concerts. They can be a passive experience, but usually if that's the case, I'm tired, it's late, and I'm not exactly in the mood for dancing or sweating in the middle of a crowd. But I'm still there.

As for Morrissey, I wouldn't see him in a truck stop Burger King parking lot for free.

What’s more ridiculous is ....
“What setlist would work?”:rolleyes:

It’s such a dystopian idea, but yeah, I probably would go to one if Moz was hosting a drive-in gig in my city.

Who would drive me home? ??????

Back
Top Bottom