Morrissey Enlists Fans to Target Canada Goose During Upcoming Tour - Vents Magazine

Morrissey Enlists Fans to Target Canada Goose During Upcoming Tour - Vents Magazine
RJ Frometa

As singer Morrissey embarks on a Canadian tour this spring, he has a message for Canada Goose CEO Dani Reiss: “I’m writing to urge Canada Goose to act more like its namesake (e.g., smart, brave, and willing to fly off in a new direction) by making the bold ethical choice to remove coyote fur and down feathers from its parkas.”

PETA will join the singer on the road to collect petition signatures from fans under a large banner featuring a howling coyote and the words “We’re With Morrissey: Canada Goose, Ditch the Fur and Feathers.” The petition will be delivered to Reiss at the end of the tour.

A wide variety of top brands—including HoodLamb, NOIZE, Save the Duck, For All Kind, and Wuxly Movement—sell warm, stylish vegan coats that no animal suffered and died for.

Morrissey’s letter to Reiss follows.

April 11, 2019

Dani Reiss, CEO

Canada Goose

Dear Mr. Reiss,

As I tour Canada this spring, I’m writing to urge Canada Goose to act more like its namesake (e.g., smart, brave, and willing to fly off in a new direction) by making the bold ethical choice to remove coyote fur and down feathers from its parkas.

Canada Goose has almost singlehandedly revived the cruel trapping industry, in which animals can suffer for days and try to gnaw off their ensnared limbs before the trapper eventually returns to bludgeon them to death. No hood adornment is worth that. And geese are confined to cramped cages and trucked hundreds of miles to slaughter in all weather conditions before they’re hung upside down and their throats are slit—often while they’re still conscious—so that their feathers can be stuffed into (and poke out of) jackets.

That strip of coyote fur isn’t keeping anyone warm, and there are plenty of superior insulators composed of everything from biodegradable fleece to coconut husks. That’s why other outerwear makers, including For All Kind, Save the Duck, and HoodLamb, have already dispensed with fur and down for their products.

I’d be the first to celebrate a cruelty-free Canada Goose coat by wearing one proudly. Until then, PETA and I will be collecting signatures during my Canadian tour calling for Canada Goose to stop killing animals for coats.

Yours sincerely,
Morrissey

Alexi posted the link to the original PETA press release:

Morrissey Enlists Fans to Target Canada Goose During Upcoming Tour - PETA

Last edited by a moderator:
For the 100th time. "Where are we touring? Can we sell more tickets? Ok, we'll do what we've always done..."

However plain wrong, mendacious and unteachable Peta may be, this is yet another attempt to make money off the back of well-meaning people. There is one objective here, and only one objective - money, and it is shameful he keeps doing this, and equally shameful that there are legions of gullible 'fans' who will applaud this. Sit back and watch the 'won't someone think of the animals?" posts. You've all been played. Again.

Name in news. Sell more tickets. Money, money, money.

A money-grabbing bigot. You're all welcome to him.

You gullible fools.
Got to be more than one hundred times no?

For the 100th time. "Where are we touring? Can we sell more tickets? Ok, we'll do what we've always done..."

However plain wrong, mendacious and unteachable Peta may be, this is yet another attempt to make money off the back of well-meaning people. There is one objective here, and only one objective - money, and it is shameful he keeps doing this, and equally shameful that there are legions of gullible 'fans' who will applaud this. Sit back and watch the 'won't someone think of the animals?" posts. You've all been played. Again.

You gullible fools.
skinflint slags M for being repetitive and yet he posts the same drivel over and over and over again,guys a broken record.

f*** coyotes.
f*** PETA
...f*** MORRISSEY!

2up3f28.jpg

most of the anonymous scumbags on here probably couldn't even tell you the names of the other smiths.johnny smith,andy smith and mike smith,was I close.toerags.

You gullible fools.

It's been way more than a hundred times you've tried to spoil the party for Morrissey fans. Who is the fool?

as a huge fan of canada geese (the actual fowl), i welcome this development. well done steven.

Germanys last remaining fur farm just closed down even though it wasn't due until 2022.
Something is changing...

You’re dead right. Something is changing. But given the expense, prestige and ‘in power’ this particular brand has, I would think the letter asking Canada Goose to eschew such practices, would probably have been met with guffaws from its recipients. Sad and frustrating really.

f*** coyotes.
f*** PETA
...f*** MORRISSEY!

2up3f28.jpg
First off- Humans are far more dangerous, destructive and fatal than coyotes. By that logic, do you believe humans should be exterminated?
I think the violent ones should be contained and managed-at least transported out of neighborhoods. Not flayed and worn.
Also, not all coyotes are violent (though all need food). Not all Pitbulls are killers. Not all Muslims are terrorists.

Yes, f*** PETA.
And f*** you.

most of the anonymous scumbags on here probably couldn't even tell you the names of the other smiths.johnny smith,andy smith and mike smith,was I close.toerags.
Most of the mindless Morrissey sycophants in here don’t think Joyce and Rourke were integral to the band, so Onfont know what the f*** you’re on about, Sunshine.

if you were any sort of fan you would know hes done this many times before,but obviously your not a fan and just joined this site to post negative shit,so from now on we can all just scroll by when we see your name.

how does it feel defending a racist day in, day out?

how does it feel defending a racist day in, day out?
it has never been proved that Morrissey is a racist,just because he has different views from you makes him a racist.he has never been arrested for his views,he never been to court because of his views.you meeting sinny in the pub later for your monthly meeting,theres a small table set up in the back for the usual suspects.

I do genuinely believe that Morrissey cares about animal welfare... No doubts. PETA though is a cult and articles have been written about their methods. There are facts about them putting down healthy animals. They encourage well meaning people who care about animal welfare to give money but are very very suspect in their practices.

You gullible fools.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom