Morrissey: Fandom, Representations and Identities out in paperback March 19th

punky

The edited collection of essays MORRISSEY: FANDOM, REPRESENTATIONS AND IDENTITIES edited by Eoin Devereux, Aileen Dillane and Martin Power will be available in paperback format from March 19th 2012. Cost 15.95 Sterling or 20 US Dollars. Orders from Intellect Books, Amazon etc etc etc.

Morrissey:

Fandom, Representations and Identities

Price £15.95/USD20 Paperback

ISBN 978-1-84150-596-1

Published: March 19th 2012
Imprint: Intellect Books

Edited by Eoin Devereux and Aileen Dillane and Martin J. Power

Morrissey is one of the most influential songwriters of our time. As leader of The Smiths and as a solo-artiste, he has remained an anti-establishment and outspoken figure who has fought to bring controversial social issues to the forefront of our minds. Morrissey has used his music and his fame as vehicles for social change, singing and speaking out on a variety of issues: including class discrimination, ethnicity, alternative sexualities, vegetarianism and animal rights, delivering his message in velvet sound-bytes and typically provocative performances.

Morrissey: Fandom, Representations and Identities focuses exclusively on Morrissey’s solo career and provides a diverse collection of 18 essays that highlight his creative contribution to music and culture. Working across a range of academic disciplines and approaches, these essays seek to make sense of the many complexities and controversies surrounding this iconic performer. Together, these essays examine the often intense fan cultures associated with Morrissey and how his creative work represents and performs many facets of the social world in which we find ourselves. Contributors to this book range from established academics to exciting emerging scholars in a range of fields and geographical locations, each of whom bring different perspectives on Morrissey and his work as an artist, a champion of the proletariat, and an elusive and contradictory stage personae.

I know why I like Morrissey, I don't need a book detailing reasons why others like him. I don't give a f***. So I won't be buying this... thing.

Back
Top Bottom