Morrissey Featured in Goth(?) Roundtable

mozmic_dancer

One of the Good Guys
God, the shit you find when you Google is extraordinary.

While doing research, I stumbled upon this strange satirical magazine which included, of all things, a Charlie Rose roundtable scenario featuring Marilyn Manson; Robert Smith of the Cure; Morrissey, and Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails.

Not a great piece of satire, but I liked the premise. WARNING: only for the very bored:

http://www.yankeepotroast.org/archives/2007/10/goth_round_tabl.html

Ha Ha! That’s great!
Trent forking Morrissey to death. Now that’s queer! :D

Thanx, that helped my boredom :)

My favourite bit is when Morrissey says 'That's not funny, you prick' :D:guitar:

I like that, too. Marilyn Manson was too cool as well.

It's really not such a stretch of the imagination for PBS to have a documentary on goth culture, with pledge breaks in between.

I'd pledge $100 for a "rubber bat" with all four signatures. How "goth" is that?

300-200-JA24.jpg

Very amusing! Thanks for posting! :)

It wasn't the greatest but the writer has some other good pieces. Visit his site at www.jimmychenchen.com.

"I was standing there like the opposite of a hug". Yes.

Thank you for the link.

I realized after reading my initial post hours later, some could draw the conclusion that I was mocking the writer. I want to take this opportunity to make it clear that was never my intention.

I was doing research on a particular topic, just to get a general understanding and while Google-ing, I came across this piece, which was listed but almost totally unrelated to what I was searching for. My "shit" comment was not directed towards the writer or writing, but in reference to all the titles and such that popped up and I wrote my post while on the brink of being bored and frustrated.

I meant to use the expletive in a folksy, George Carlin kind of way, but I can see now how this can be misinterpreted.

Otherwise, I'm glad some here enjoy the piece. I did. Perhaps more so since I was in a foul state of mind to begin with.

I meant to use the expletive in a folksy, George Carlin kind of way, but I can see now how this can be misinterpreted.

Otherwise, I'm glad some here enjoy the piece. I did. Perhaps more so since I was in a foul state of mind to begin with.

I didn't think you were being rude about the author. It was funny and harmless enough. I liked it, thanks for sharing it.

And, for the record, Ms Corrissey, I haven't had a drop today. So there. ;)

Thanks for the link :D.

Much as I hate to admit it, there is going to be a (hopefully) major exhibition on the history of Gothic culture and fashion here in New York City later this year. The curator, designer and I were discussing Goth's literary, artistic and intellectual roots (yes, it was an interesting movement at one time).

So we're going on about Horace Walpole and Edmund Spenser and the Cult of Sensibility, radical aesthetic secessionist thought, the tension between emotion and intellect, subversive notions of sexuality, camp, etc, etc, and of course I had to bring up Morrissey. I won't go on about it, but I'm hoping to get him into the exhibition somehow.

I know, :rolleyes:. But you have to admit, it's a great way to keep him on the front burner. He's not Goth in the current sense of the word, but he is part of a recognizable tradition, and he's been photographed in enough graveyards to qualify visually, at least.

I think he would fit well in that exhibition. Instead of cladding himself in vampiric romanticism and decrepit Victoriana, he's usually displayed an aesthetic of mid-20th-century modernism. Which, it could be argued, is just as romantic and archaic and dead as the other, more common, types of Goth imagery.

Maybe business will bring me to New York during that exhibition... must go check trade show schedules, bye now!

I picked up a book today that was supposed to be about Goth culture and origins, but when I opened it up it was just a piss-take.:( Badly written too.

I've never been one to dress the part, but I enjoy seeing people who do dress for their self-expression.

Back
Top Bottom