Morrissey Highlights Animal Rights Activism on Tour Again - PETA blog

Excerpt:

Morrissey is back touring the UK! This month will see Moz perform nine UK and Netherlands gigs, and he has invited PETA to come along.

At every one of his upcoming gigs, members of PETA’s Action Team will be on hand with leaflets and resources to show Morrissey fans just how easy it is to take songs such as “Meat Is Murder” to heart and ditch meat.

peta_leaflet.jpg

And over at his official merch table, fans can protest against blood sports with a new T-shirt design inspired by Morrissey’s tune “The Bullfighter Dies.”

bullfighter-500x500.jpg

Excerpt:

Morrissey is back touring the UK! This month will see Moz perform nine UK and Netherlands gigs, and he has invited PETA to come along.

At every one of his upcoming gigs, members of PETA’s Action Team will be on hand with leaflets and resources to show Morrissey fans just how easy it is to take songs such as “Meat Is Murder” to heart and ditch meat.

peta_leaflet.jpg

And over at his official merch table, fans can protest against blood sports with a new T-shirt design inspired by Morrissey’s tune “The Bullfighter Dies.”

bullfighter-500x500.jpg

ooo i want the shirt, looks nice

I like that shirt!

I had a dream the other night Morrissey told me not to attack or be critical of Peta because they were funding the tour like a label and it would be awkward. :p

And still eat your favourite cheese ?

Are you referring to Morrissey or those of us who buy that Tshirt? FYI I don't eat anything from animals, cheese and milk included and haven't for over 15 years. So, no, I won't be eating cheese and I will proudly wear the Bullfighter Dies Tshirt.

- - - Updated - - -

nice thanks. got the barber shop one but couldnt remember what they had off the top of my head.

You're welcome :)

I like that shirt!

I had a dream the other night Morrissey told me not to attack or be critical of Peta because they were funding the tour like a label and it would be awkward. :p

being critical is one thing but why does being critical mean attacking. defeating peta or morrissey doesnt really help animals and only ends up as self promotion which is just sad in a lot of ways. why not just be critical and civil and then offer you own alternatives. i like this that peta does but they should address this and that etc. turning peta or morrissey into some malicious villain doesnt help anyone accept the person attacking especially when they could be spending time on bbq sites trying to talk to them instead of fighting among themselves, the activists, to see who can hate whom more and who has the more righteous correct message

being critical is one thing but why does being critical mean attacking. defeating peta or morrissey doesnt really help animals and only ends up as self promotion which is just sad in a lot of ways. why not just be critical and civil and then offer you own alternatives. i like this that peta does but they should address this and that etc. turning peta or morrissey into some malicious villain doesnt help anyone accept the person attacking especially when they could be spending time on bbq sites trying to talk to them instead of fighting among themselves, the activists, to see who can hate whom more and who has the more righteous correct message
Are you familiar with the concept of being blinded by loyalty? Nobody is above or beyond constructive criticism.

Are you familiar with the concept of being blinded by loyalty? Nobody is above or beyond constructive criticism.

yes and i mention criticism being fine in the post i wrote. what i say is foolish is when you said the word "attack" and attacking peta doesnt seem synonymous to constructive criticism. it also doesnt seem like you read what i wrote. i could find things to criticize about anything and everything but if you care about animal rights why spend the time on peta
and not on meat eaters themselves. seems like people are more upset about others misrepresenting them and all animal activists being supporters/members of peta than they do about the cause of saving animals. i dont agree with peta about everything but i dont think them evil or that i should spend my time and attention on them over actual meat eaters.

being critical is one thing but why does being critical mean attacking. defeating peta or morrissey doesnt really help animals and only ends up as self promotion which is just sad in a lot of ways.

I agree, it is sad and counterproductive. PETA is as guilty of this self promotion as its "attackers." They lose sight of animal welfare when they give a green light on a billboard that depicts milk as a post-bukake f***fest on a woman's face, not only losing sight of animal welfare but celebrating the objectification of women and for what end? To help cows? No. To talk about PETA. It's as attention-seeking and counter-productive as a slew of brummieboy rants on a thread about Morrissey as it detracts from the original issue, but PETA made the news. That's not a victory for animal welfare and they should be called out on it. It's not attacking them, it's calling into question context, goal orientation and rationale.

Morrissey doesn't like royalty and by extension I suspect the blind allegiance to a family and institution above criticism in the eyes of the British media. Why should PETA be held to a standard of royal critique that he loathes? It shouldnt.

Last edited:
One more thing. You are perhaps under the false impression I do not approve of PETA and its efforts to showcase animal welfare in pop culture. I do like a lot of what PETA is doing. Hell, I'd slip them a tenner if they were standing in front of Vons just for the chick animation alone. I'm not a dichotomous all-or-nothing thinker. Perhaps you're coming from a place way down deep and far back where you were attacked by some entity that made you feel as though your very existence was loathed and hated. To be critical of something is not to hate it in the world of rational objectivity. I do not hate PETA. I think it needs some help is all. Who doesn't?

I agree, it is sad and counterproductive. PETA is as guilty of this self promotion as its "attackers." They lose sight of animal welfare when they give a green light on a billboard that depicts milk as a post-bukake f***fest on a woman's face, not only losing sight of animal welfare but celebrating the objectification of women and for what end? To help cows? No. To talk about PETA. It's as attention-seeking and counter-productive as a slew of brummieboy rants on a thread about Morrissey as it detracts from the original issue, but PETA made the news. That's not a victory for animal welfare and they should be called out on it. It's not attacking them, it's calling into question context, goal orientation and rationale.

Morrissey doesn't like royalty and by extension I suspect the blind allegiance to a family and institution above criticism in the eyes of the British media. Why should PETA be held to a standard of royal critique that he loathes? It shouldnt.

as an individual i can see that but with an institution self promotion is somewhat, to what ever degree we decide on or dont, does give awareness as people unfamiliar with them might go and say who or whats peta and then get an idea or a first thought. thats helpful to me and people in general in some small way that doesnt work when an individual does the same. as for objectifying people ive no problem with that when said people, in this case read women, have other options as well giving them choice and not reducing them to only objects through social pressure. i mean many people couldnt name any other animal activism group other than peta so in some sense thats a success on there part and the only one i see reflected in macro society

It's you, CG, who is the attention seeking face time attention whore. Not me. Once again you try and bolster your feeble posts by trying to hitch a ride on my coat-tails. Isn't going to happen... Having ridiculed yourself with your absurd conspiracy theories on the Nottingham thread, only to scarper when challenged, you now try to slip in a diss thinking I won't notice. But I am all-seeing! Or my Secretary is, on my behalf.

PETA are ludicrous for the reasons you state and for many others. Did anyone get a pic of the 'fan menu' at Nottingham? Let's see how much cheese and milk products PETA turn a blind eye to at Cardiff tonight as Morrissey directs his herd-like audience towards 'cheese gougons' and whatever other 'animal friendly' delights he has on the menu. Any sign of his tour rider for this arena tour which has failed to sell out?

The point was well-made by 'UncleSkinny' and others that "The Bullfighter Dies" is enthusiastic about animal cruelty and death, directing the bloodlust towards a human animal who happens to be a bull-fighter. I wonder what absurdities PETA and Morrissey use to justify animal cruelty in 'nature'? Do they think we should rescue herbivores from predators in the Amazon? Or just chop it down to provide pasture and grazing so the likes of Morrissey can continue to have cheese on his tour riders?

What 'animal rights activism' is Morrissey involved in? The fact that Morrissey still has the gall to flaunt his bullshit about bullfighters after not only staying in Pestana hotels but giving them a publicity coup shows he is beyond delusional. As are PETA.

"No meat at #Morrissey's O2 show. Who wants to eat cheese sodding goujons? Could have murdered a beef burger"

https://twitter.com/duleepoffside/status/539021578768363521

By eating 'cheese gougons' you are murdering a beef burger, it's just that dairy cows don't become 'burgers' until they stop producing milk. Then they're dog/cat food. Remember Morrissey's bleatings about IAMS? He's just as implicated in needless animal cruelty by eating cheese/supporting the Economics Of Veal Production as anyone serving who servers their dogs/cats IAMs products. And so are PETA by endorsing him as an 'animal activist'. Sheer nonsense.

Morrissey raises voice against Iams' deadly experiments on dogs and cats

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/features/04/01/08/0619209.shtml

And before we have any nonsense from the usual suspects. I comment when it amuses me to do so. Having taken a break to prove there's no 'compulsion' in revisiting Morrissey's hypocrisies on these issues, I will now resume the discussion in this thread having been invited back by express invitation of Crystal Geezer's trolling. If you want to complain about my return, ask her to explain why she insists on referencing me in almost every post she makes, as do several other 'usual suspects'. Even though I'm not here, you can't stop writing about me because...."all you need is me"....LOL!

bitch, it's
BB

Last edited:
yes and i mention criticism being fine in the post i wrote. what i say is foolish is when you said the word "attack" and attacking peta doesnt seem synonymous to constructive criticism. it also doesnt seem like you read what i wrote. i could find things to criticize about anything and everything but if you care about animal rights why spend the time on peta
and not on meat eaters themselves. seems like people are more upset about others misrepresenting them and all animal activists being supporters/members of peta than they do about the cause of saving animals. i dont agree with peta about everything but i dont think them evil or that i should spend my time and attention on them over actual meat eaters.

Because meat eaters know not what they do, they are stupid sheep who need to be lead to do the right thing through clever encouragement, not insults which should be reserved for last ditch efforts to exit a pointless exchange. Attacking meat eaters will not inspire them to change, it will do the opposite.

I'm not attacking PETA either, I'm criticizing them because they are handling situations in an unproductive way. The animals WANT ME to regulate their behavior so they can get back on topic to assisting them instead of inducing eyerolls...which this sentence just induced bc I'm an awesome multitasker. :p

Presumably PETA will be demonstrating at Cardiff Metropoint Arena tonight if they see Kerrygold cheese backstage on Morrissey's rider. Or if he's still offering 'cheese gougons' to his herd/fans as a supposedly 'animal friendly' alternative to a hot-dog or a burger.

" Our celebrity collaborations get spread all over the tabloids. Our events are covered by the evening TV news. And our animal rights victories get shared far and wide online.
The role is also rewarding. Our work with the media puts pressure on companies to implement animal-friendly policies. In the lifestyle media, our vegan articles encourage hundreds of thousands of people to adopt cruelty-free diets. And the PETA UK media department has had a hand in pretty much all our victories for animals."

"Seeking Superstar Media Manager to Advocate for Animals
"

http://blog.peta.org.uk/2015/03/seeking-superstar-media-manager-to-advocate-for-animals/

Is anyone seriously suggesting Morrissey is a credible person to be involved in a 'celebrity collaboration' on behalf of animal rights? Or that he takes any credit for the dubious PETA claim that 'In the lifestyle media, our vegan articles encourage hundreds of thousands of people to adopt cruelty-free diets'? PETA and Morrissey is a marriage made in heaven. Both co-dependent in their addiction to faux-shock and outrage about 'animal rights' when they're both part of the problem. Morrissey isn't a vegan, he's a Cheesetarian.

Maybe Morrissey should show a video of PETA 'rehoming' stray cats and dogs? PETA are a death-cult. They are delusional hypocritical fundamentalists whose own behaviour in murdering strays renders them invalid in any futher discussion of animal rights. No doubt Morrissey's cognitive dissonance over eating cheese and thereby supporting the economics of veal production is soothed by aligning himself with an equally incoherent agenda such as that espoused by PETA.

f*** PETA

f*** Morrissey

Buy some cheese gougons tonight and throw them on Morrissey's cheese-eating surrender propaganda stage as he ululates through 'Meat Is Murder'. 'PETA Is Murder' remix is long overdue.

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Presumably PETA will be demonstrating at Cardiff Metropoint Arena tonight if they see Kerrygold cheese backstage on Morrissey's rider. Or if he's still offering 'cheese gougons' to his herd/fans as a supposedly 'animal friendly' alternative to a hot-dog or a burger.

" Our celebrity collaborations get spread all over the tabloids. Our events are covered by the evening TV news. And our animal rights victories get shared far and wide online.
The role is also rewarding. Our work with the media puts pressure on companies to implement animal-friendly policies. In the lifestyle media, our vegan articles encourage hundreds of thousands of people to adopt cruelty-free diets. And the PETA UK media department has had a hand in pretty much all our victories for animals."

"Seeking Superstar Media Manager to Advocate for Animals
"

http://blog.peta.org.uk/2015/03/seeking-superstar-media-manager-to-advocate-for-animals/

Is anyone seriously suggesting Morrissey is a credible person to be involved in a 'celebrity collaboration' on behalf of animal rights? Or that he takes any credit for the dubious PETA claim that 'In the lifestyle media, our vegan articles encourage hundreds of thousands of people to adopt cruelty-free diets'? PETA and Morrissey is a marriage made in heaven. Both co-dependent in their addiction to faux-shock and outrage about 'animal rights' when they're both part of the problem. Morrissey isn't a vegan, he's a Cheesetarian.

Maybe Morrissey should show a video of PETA 'rehoming' stray cats and dogs? PETA are a death-cult. They are delusional hypocritical fundamentalists whose own behaviour in murdering strays renders them invalid in any futher discussion of animal rights. No doubt Morrissey's cognitive dissonance over eating cheese and thereby supporting the economics of veal production is soothed by aligning himself with an equally incoherent agenda such as that espoused by PETA.

f*** PETA

f*** Morrissey

Buy some cheese gougons tonight and throw them on Morrissey's cheese-eating surrender propaganda stage as he ululates through 'Meat Is Murder'. 'PETA Is Murder' remix is long overdue.

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/

PETA's not perfect but this is what that anonymous person is talking about. You go on and on and on from your vegan pedastal without regard to constructive change which isn't helping animals either.

Last edited by a moderator:
PETA's not perfect but this is what that anonymous person is talking about. You go on and on and on from your vegan pedastal without regard to constructive change which isn't helping animals either.

I don't go 'on and on and on and on'. But you do. I've set out a critique and you chose to revisit it by lazily trolling my name rather than think of any original content. There's absolutely no reason I should take anything you write seriously. You can choose to defend PETA and Morrissey for their egregious failings but don't expect me to listen to your cult rationale. You eat cheese. You are part of the problem. You are NOT helping animals. Nor is Morrissey. Or PETA. It's really that simple. And yes, as a Vegan, I have a right to mock and ridicule you, Morrissey and PETA. As does every single carnivore. The fact that Morrissey has spent 35 years making a fool of himself is sad for him on a personal level but as an online entertainment, it's hard to beat. Now, shall I pop down to Cardiff and gurgle in the circle with a box of popcorn whilst the Troll Morrissey parades his sagging arse across the stage making implausible claims to 'care about animals'? It's a sunny afternoon, not much else to do and I have friends in Cardiff, so.....we'll see. Tickets available for the princely sum of £11.36. About the same price as a cheese-less pizza and about as important.

best
BBMorrissey_Motorpoint_Arena_Cardiff_Cardiff_Tickets_Wed_18_Mar_2015_-_viagogo_-_2015-03-18_14.00..png

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom