Morrissey I'm not a dog on a chain NME review 3/5

Eight sentences in four different paragraphs through this review talk about his political opinions. How can this possibly be a good review? Because it actually also talks about the music in a little bit of depth? Our standards have sunk, haven't they? In so many ways.

See you on Saturday, Morrissey.
Deduct one star automatically, is the apparent m.o. of reviewers today, due to the fact his personal views clash with their own.

I prefer it when the NME despises Moz. It makes more sense. What next, a positive review from the Guardian?

Moz is an outsider and should remain that way.

It's more cooler for a start. The NME is the antithesis of cool.
I agree, I think that they meant to give it 2 stars, but it just that much better then they were hoping...

He gave his wholehearted support to For Britain on his website in a clear unambiguous post. He has not retracted it verbally since, and it is still sitting there on his own personal website. Until it is removed or he retracts his support some other way, it is completely understandable that the wider world assumes he has far-right political views, even though you and I know that he doesn't.
The wider world doesn't listen to Moz anyway so who gives a toss. We will either like the new album or not, regardless of reviews. Hopefully it's the kind of multilayered album that rewards repeat listens. I'm always wary of albums I love on first listen. So that's another reason I don't put much faith in reviews unless they've lived with it for a week.

He gave his wholehearted support to For Britain on his website in a clear unambiguous post. He has not retracted it verbally since, and it is still sitting there on his own personal website. Until it is removed or he retracts his support some other way, it is completely understandable that the wider world assumes he has far-right political views, even though you and I know that he doesn't.
Agreed, I don't hold grudges over extreme liberal musicians who support Bernie Sanders or the The Green New Deal over here in the States, even though they're wackos, however I have no desire to see their careers destroyed because of their own views, the music is not the person.

'Misdialling The Samaritans and getting through to Piers Morgan' neatly sums up the life of a latter day Morrissey fan.

Still, that's better than having a mental breakdown because the man you've worshipped as a god turns out not to be one. And then angrily taking it out on the whole internet.

FWD.

'Misdialling The Samaritans and getting through to Piers Morgan' neatly sums up the life of a latter day Morrissey fan.

Still, that's better than having a mental breakdown because the man you've worshipped as a god turns out not to be one. And then angrily taking it out on the whole internet.

He's nothing like Piers!

It's like getting through to Joe Orton or Jean Genet.

We are all in our forties early fifties, do you think that 80s synths is avant garde, though ?
It sounds like Jamoroquai or Lynny Kravitz per moments?

Is Mark Beaumont the jounalist who wrote that Keith Richards listened to Motorhead whereas Keith had mentioned him Mozart instead ... Dilletante journalism is painful

Have you heard the album? No

If the weaker half contains River and Hurling I’m happy. Both great songs.

I like those 2 songs as well, but I would not be surprised if The Secret of Music s the stinker on this album. And it lasts 8 minutes, so it almost feels like the second half. And still not sure what to expect from "The truth about Ruth" or "Darling I Hug A Pillow".

The wider world doesn't listen to Moz anyway so who gives a toss. We will either like the new album or not, regardless of reviews. Hopefully it's the kind of multilayered album that rewards repeat listens. I'm always wary of albums I love on first listen. So that's another reason I don't put much faith in reviews unless they've lived with it for a week.
The wider world decides what gets played on the radio, and until this album, the singles have received huge support, mostly from Radio 2. It's the oxygen that powers album sales. His last album of original songs sold 25,000 in week 1, and very few after. With no radio support, Dog on a String may struggle to sell just 10,000. If this happens, the implications are that it would be unlikely that he'll ever get a record deal again, making this his last ever album. Expect you would probably 'give a toss' about that.

ESCUCHE EL RECITAL DE LEEDS,MIERDA MOZ QUE GENIALES TEMAS HURLING Y RIVER SUPERAN A LOS 3 TEMAS LANZADOS,SINCERAMENTE ME ENCANTA EL DEJO LOS MEJORES TEMAS PARA LO ULTIMO,TAMBIEN CANTO THE BOY...BIEN HECHOO MOZ!!!! Y MUY ELEGANTE EL...CANTO SUPER. MI ABSTINENCIA MORRISSEY'S NO PUDO SER MANTENIDA,ME HABIA ENOJADO CON EL POR LA BROMA PUBLICADA EN CENTRAL,PERO ME TENTE,NO PUDE ESPERAR Y FUI A BUSCARLO EN YOU TUBE
,Y AHI ESTABA.. IMPONENTE Y CON TODAS ESAS CANCIONES NUEVAS !!!Y ENCIMA SE ANIMO CON THE BOY!!!!EL TIPO ES COMO UN VICIO PARA MI !!!!VIVA MI MOZZ!!!!!❤❤❤❤❤Mozz canta canciones de you are the quarry y de V and i !!!!!!!!! NOW MY HEART IS FULL!!!!! MOZ UN FLASH TOTAL !!!!!!!!!TREPEN A LOS TECHOS YA VIENE LA AURORA!!!!!!

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom