Morrissey in 1979? - @nb1972 / Twitter

Question Is This Actually Morrissey?

Came across this on Twitter today. It's supposed to be a pic of a young Morrissey. What do you think?

FA_xH80UUAs2-AG

UPDATE Oct. 7:

Posted by Neil Barker in the comments:

Hi everyone. Glad you're all enjoying the photos!

The blonde woman is my auntie Susan (she didn't go out with Billy Duffy) and the other people are Carol (neither her nor Susan went out with Morrissey or Billy Duffy) and Carol's then boyfriend Mike.

It is 100% Morrissey though I agree that the first photo looks nothing like him.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lbf:

the one photo on the left has a tiny head barely a face at all. the one on the right has this enormous vertically elongated head :handpointleft:

photo shop done with toddler skills. totally fake. :hammer:

Ah, sorry I thought you meant I was the "Anonymous" who started this thread! What do you want me to do then? Say "hello" on Twitter? :D
I could care less as I don't have a squirrel in the fight....and I'm also not a psychologist, but there is something odd about repeating someones earlier request in the form of a question, word for word.

I'm not sure if you visit this site often, but best not to go up against FWD....you will LOSE.

Best!

I could care less as I don't have a squirrel in the fight....and I'm also not a psychologist, but there is something odd about repeating someones earlier request in the form of a question, word for word.

I'm not sure if you visit this site often, but best not to go up against FWD....you will LOSE.

Best!
Why is it odd? I was just asking them to clarify.

Don't know why you're putting "aunt" in inverted commas. Susan is my late Mum's youngest sister so I'd say that makes her my aunt/auntie. Also I did see these photos in the '80s and '90s but sadly we didn't have the internet then.

Ha ha!
You're a funny guy "Neil".

So, Morrissey was a 'gender-bender' back in the day?

Who knew...*rolleyes & sighs*

This adds an interesting sub-text and historical context to his wanton appropriation of #LGBTQI iconography without specifically allying himself with that acronym.

Of course, this says nothing about any underlying secual identitarianism or its absence as Sexuality and Gender are separate existential facets.

BB
In retrospective trance
at The Rum Runner
in the early 1980s.

I was the person who invited (Steven) Morrissey to the party which was at my best friends house in Gorse Hill, Streford. It was a glam themed party which is even more evident in a number of other photos taken on the same night. There were other photos taken also featuring Morrissey which I am at present trying to obtain from an old friend who co-hosted the party. When I do get them I won't bother posting them on here given the majority of idiotic responses I've seen but am seriously considering submitting an article to Record Collector regarding my friendship with Morrissey and my later association with a pre Stiff Kittens, Warsaw and Joy Division Ian Curtis.

I was the person who invited (Steven) Morrissey to the party which was at my best friends house in Gorse Hill, Streford. It was a glam themed party which is even more evident in a number of other photos taken on the same night. There were other photos taken also featuring Morrissey which I am at present trying to obtain from an old friend who co-hosted the party. When I do get them I won't bother posting them on here given the majority of idiotic responses I've seen but am seriously considering submitting an article to Record Collector regarding my friendship with Morrissey and my later association with a pre Stiff Kittens, Warsaw and Joy Division Ian Curtis.
Thanks for dropping by. Unfortunately there are users here who see it as their prime purpose to defend the honour of the guy by whatever means, and if that means whaling on people presenting genuinely new stuff, then that's what they do. I thought these pics were fascinating, and if you get to Record Collector, I'll buy it.

:lbf:

the one photo on the left has a tiny head barely a face at all. the one on the right has this enormous vertically elongated head :handpointleft:

photo shop done with toddler skills. totally fake. :hammer:

would genuinely donate untold sums of money to charity if it meant you ceased posting on here

Thanks for dropping by. Unfortunately there are users here who see it as their prime purpose to defend the honour of the guy by whatever means, and if that means whaling on people presenting genuinely new stuff, then that's what they do. I thought these pics were fascinating, and if you get to Record Collector, I'll buy it.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Skinny.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom