Morrissey included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article (update: now removed)

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

Has Morrissey said anything specifically about vaccines?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

Where are Morrissey's comments about the vaccine?

Update:
The article has subsequently been edited to read:

" For the record:

3:46 p.m. Aug. 11, 2021
An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn’t actually come out against the vaccine."

Last edited:
the update is laughable. has anyone made positive statements about the pandemic?

Are you saying that Morrissey has said that Covid doesn’t exist?
"The problem is that nobody can any longer agree with anyone else, and this is the main outcome of Con-vid."

Stop trying to pretend you don't know what he's said you ass.

Morrissey identified the virus with appalling animal welfare standards, so I think we can dismiss that confused contribution.

Yes.

Couldn’t tell if I was misreading someone’s attempt at sarcasm maybe. It’s like Uncleskinny’s
post on the first page ,..

‘I don't recall specifically about the vaccine, but he has called the pandemic a hoax and 'Con-vid'

Where did Morrissey call it a
‘hoax’ ? And the Con-vid comment seemed to be a criticism on the lockdown situation rather than the spreading of the virus itself. Just more misinformation being spread by the haters.

Looks like the young ones are starting to get the message in the UK. 75% of the total population are now double jabbed as well.

Yes. Both choices are a risk.

People that have been fully vaccinated have still died from the new strain.

“Of those who were fully vaccinated who caught the Delta variant, 50 died, data from Public Health England that was published on Friday indicated.”

“In the United Kingdom, at least 259 people have died after contracting the delta variant of COVID-19. Of these, 116 people were fully vaccinated”

The vaccinated should really wear their masks. Not saying this is the only reason for the continuing spread of the virus.

It’s a chance.

It’s a chance.

I’m glad you got the vaccine and have such beliefs in it, it’s not such an easy choice for everyone to make.

From what I can see, 90% of people here are still wearing masks.

"The problem is that nobody can any longer agree with anyone else, and this is the main outcome of Con-vid."

Stop trying to pretend you don't know what he's said you ass.

You said...

I'm sure he fully supports vaccination against something he doesn't believe exists. :rolleyes:

So tells us all, where did Morrissey say he doesn’t believe the virus exist?

SAM:
We now live in Covid Society which is gleefully inflicted on the British public - or should I say the poorer elements of British society, so why do you think the public take it lying down?

M:
Because they are quite used to the political scene being dominated by someone whom they can't stand. The bigger problem is that nobody can any longer agree with anyone else, and this is the main outcome of Con-vid. It has brought the worst out in people, and we weren't ever in this together. We are deprived of seeing and hearing other people, and above all, you want to be with others who see and hear what you see and hear, because this is basic oxygen for the human soul. Take it away and people are dead.

Great. I remember Biden making the announcement that the vaccinated don’t need to wear masks, and I’m always reading signs
before entering some public places stating that the vaccinated don’t need to wear masks. It’s madness.

the update is laughable. has anyone made positive statements about the pandemic?

"An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn't actually come out against the vaccine."

Yep, I noticed that too. Ridiculous.

Hear , hear.

I agree. This is yet another classic example of Sam killing his uncle, with his dumb ass website.

I would say also, LA, which likes to think it's a trendy wendy , likes to follow the UK and M, isn't as popular as he once was there.

Lots of people who "like," him say they would bever want to meet him and only like him as a pop star- which is a big switch from what it used to be like,

Even the "die hard" Morrissey Nite people ( I put it in quote marks, as most of these people dont actually like M or know anything about him, they just use him to be popular ) , have stopped doing M nites (because people stopped going) , they now do Smiths nites instead.

I mention this as in the press and public's mind M is seen as a pop star Trump . So, anything that is seen as anti-science and ultra-right they subscribe to him

He only has himself to blame on this one, his choice of party support. His use of the words like "kung Flu" and "Plandemic" and liking of fringe Youtube stars and his nephews rampage on M Central was always gonna project him this way.

Myself, personally. I do not think he is anti-vaccine as such and expect he has had the jab, I just think, like a lot of us, he just thinks this has all be blown up out of proportion and can see freedoms being taken away .
That my guess.
Why would you assume he's had the jab. He's 62 not 83 which was average agd of those who succomed to the virus. 99.99% didn't.

"An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn't actually come out against the vaccine."

Yep, I noticed that too. Ridiculous.
Another example of why you cannot trust the news. They literally just make shit up. There is zero nuance. Their purpose is only to get us to hate each other.

Great. I remember Biden making the announcement that the vaccinated don’t need to wear masks, and I’m always reading signs
before entering some public places stating that the vaccinated don’t need to wear masks. It’s madness.

There's just been a piece on the BBC news about how the pandemic is hitting republican states harder because people there are refusing to wear masks and not getting vaccinated, no idea whether that's the case or not, they called out Mississippi and Texas as having real issues right now.

Last edited:
And yet science tells us that most masks are simply not of the right quality to be effective.

It has however been conceded, by science, that their ‘positive’ effect is to maintain a desirable anxiety amongst the population.

And yet science tells us that most masks are simply not of the right quality to be effective.

It has however been conceded, by science, that their ‘positive’ effect is to maintain a desirable anxiety amongst the population.

It's easy to find a report that says they are effective and easy to find one that says they're not. At the end of the day, it's a personal choice.

There's just been a piece on the BBC news about how the pandemic is hitting republican states harder because people there are refusing to wear masks and not getting vaccinated, no idea whether that's the case or not, they called out Mississippi and Texas as having real issues right now.

Texas accounts for 40% of new cases and Florida has more new cases than the bottom 30 states combined. Texas is asking for federal help which is both sad and hilarious but not surprising as there pediatric hospitals are filling up in places like Houston. The gov of Mississippi had to publicly state the mask ban was a huge mistake that he can’t take back. All of this while the gov of Florida is trying to force school districts and the people who live there to go maskless in school. It’s absurd and heinous

I saw the correction and thought good for them for listening and rethinking

No. When he is an anti-science person who thinks this all is a hoax, it behoves us all to call out this bullshit, because the views he espouses make people die

Who thinks the virus is a ‘hoax’ ?

And if you’re saying it’s Morrissey, then where did Morrissey say the virus was a ‘hoax’ ?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom