Morrissey interview in Hürriyet Kelebek (Turkish)

"I've had the worst sex life that can be experienced by a human being. It also startled me throughout my life. You will notice that as you live, your life is a succession of sexual panic attacks: some damned respect and desire to be. Loneliness, as important as it will kill the imperfection of human sexuality."

On music, he adds:" The main problem is this: music that appeals to the broad masses has lost its excitement. When I accidentally watch a music channel, I think that's always
the same song. No blood pressure, no soul."

Got this from an amazing fan who is keen on obtaining translations via FB.

"I've had the worst sex life that can be experienced by a human being. It also startled me throughout my life. You will notice that as you live, your life is a succession of sexual panic attacks: some damned respect and desire to be. Loneliness, as important as it will kill the imperfection of human sexuality."

On music, he adds:" The main problem is this: music that appeals to the broad masses has lost its excitement. When I accidentally watch a music channel, I think that's always
the same song. No blood pressure, no soul."

Got this from an amazing fan who is keen on obtaining translations via FB.

Oh here he goes complaining about his sex life. There are plenty of men and women who will sleep with you, Moz. You just have to go out without an entourage and actually talk to people you find attractive.

There are plenty of men and women who will sleep with you, Moz. You just have to go out without an entourage and actually talk to people you find attractive.

Exactly! Buuuuuuuut...I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to sleep with just anyone. He's rather picky about everything as it is. Haha!

Thanks for posting, GG. Saving this for later when I need a hit...

Oh here he goes complaining about his sex life. There are plenty of men and women who will sleep with you, Moz.

Unfortunately, that's not really how it works.

Really? Nobody's had really bad or boring, disappointing sex? Some people just find sex to be overrated. Maybe he just has really high standards or has bought into a fairy tale of what he wants it to be like.

Morrissey: Cinsel hayatım koca bir cahillikten ibaret - Hürriyet Kelebek
November 22, 2014.
Interview by Ali Tufan Koç. (Turkish)

I tried to translate some parts and sorry about my spelling :o

Here is an excerpt:

Ali Tufan: You consider eating meat as "big murder". When and how did you decide and become a vegetarian ?

Moz: As far as I know myself, there's no difference between the big yellow "M" of McDonald's and Swastika. If you witness the cruel things done to animals, you can change their motto as "I'm hatin' it". Meat industry is one of the most mean-spirited and harmful industries.

A: Your Turkish fans are looking forward to listen "Istanbul". Is there any special story of that song ?

M: I rarely hold babies. I did that maybe once or twice in my whole life. I think holding a baby is a special moment that reminds you being a human. A strange, sort of macho-spirited and possessive life energy surrounds you. You start to love a non-kin baby and when I was thinking about writing a song about that feeling, I was in Istanbul. I can't find the right word for that but city helped me a lot. Everything about Turkish culture is based on burying your secret in your heart and this is inspirational.

A: I'm feeding animals in shelters, I advocate animal rights, I live "green" but I'm eating steak for dinner. Is this acceptable ?

M: No. It doesn't matter whether it's steak, hotdog, chicken or burger. If you're eating meat, the message is clear. Don't try to fool me, don't lie: you hate animals. The craziest thing is those women wearing fur and holding dogs. There's no difference between the people working in the meat industry and Nazis killing Jews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much of the article's translation via Aylin (bilingual volunteer):

"When I'm in Istanbul, I feel like I'm never going to die. I feel like my life is complete," is what you say, Morrissey. So what is so special about Istanbul? What it is the most surprising thing about Istanbul?
Morrissey: I've lived a really timid/shy childhood. My past is also full of frustration. Even now I don't know how to have fun/enjoy myself in a physical way. Istanbul has a characteristic that helps me to deal with my ( depressed) mental state. When I'm on English ground again, I have to face my desperateness on my own again. That's the secret of Istanbul/it's people, everything is: Very lively, very genuine. That's something I really feel admiration for. I don't see myself as much as you do as "living human". I'm more the analytical when it comes to crowds of people, that's it.

Your Turkish fans are really excited and can't wait to hear your song "Istanbul" of your latest album live. Is there a special story behind that song?
Morrissey: I'm someone who rarely takes/carries babies on my lap. Maybe I did it one or two times in my whole life. Carrying a baby on your lap is something really special moment. It makes you feel and remembering again that you're a human being. It's a strange, a bit macho feeling and possessive life energy you suddenly feel. You begin to feel a connection and love between the unknown and not blood related baby. And the moment I wanted to write especially a song about that feeling I found myself in Istanbul. Istanbul helped me a lot to find the right words. Besides the Turkish culture everything is build on the secrets the people keep hidden in their hearts. And that's also very inspirational.

The music industry is losing blood and is now searching new formulas. On one hand there is the new digital order/mixing.
How do see it?

Morrissey: Actually the real problem is: Music that appeals to many people has lost its excitement. It's like every time I accidentally watch a music channel, it seems like I'm listening to the same song. There is no tension/passion, no soul. Musicians who have sold their souls to big companies for popularity and fame to finance their lives are certainly a reason for it.

You stated that eating meat is a murder. When and how you decided to be vegetarian?
Morrissey: As I know myself, the huge McDonalds yellow "M" letter has no difference to the Hakenkreuz/swastika. If you would see what the animals have to live through for the meat of hamburgers you would definitely turn the slogan into "I'm hating it.” The meat industry is on the top of the list of the worst and poorest, hearted and most harmful sector/branch.

So your favor is that no one eats and sells meat during/before/after your concert in Istanbul outside where the concert takes place and at the venue (on 7th December)? So, isn't that a disputable decision?
Morrissey: I see some organizations as very suspicious. The English royalty is on the top of the list of saving birds in the nature but they are nonstop hunting and killing birds. That's so paradox. Prince William has killed 78 birds this year on his own. Only because nobody knows about that and no one talks about it, I'm not going to act like I don't care and do something about it. Everybody should start by doing something for themselves and their behaviour/surounding/environment. You can do only that much. Only that much.

I always thought Istanbul was about being with a hooker. :squiffy:

I can definitely see him as the type to awkwardly hold a baby for two seconds before handing it off and then refusing to hold it again.

That's because Morrissey's observation is accurate. The person who made the ignorant comment was the interviewer, Ali Tufan Koç.:

A: I'm feeding animals in shelters, I advocate animal rights, I live "green" but I'm eating steak for dinner. Is this acceptable ?

WHAT AN IDIOT Ali Tufan Koç.!

Nothing so far...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom