Morrissey interview in Norwegian paper VG

Morrissey Is absolutely right in what he said and I totally stand by his comments.

He DID of course feel deep sadness and horror at what this mass muderer did on norway, how ever if you belive that animals are sentinel beings just as humans are and have the same equal rights, then his comments are highly appropriate and correct!

Absolute Bullshit!!! How can you - or anyone - or even Mozzer - compare planned killing of humans with the "production" of food? We could live vegan but it's not healthy enough or in our evolution. The wolf kills the lamb to eat it? What about him? A cruel murderer? No? We are on top of the eating line, that's evolution. Maybe some time ahead the wolfs took the power of the world and will hunt and eat us. Well, that's ok. But I don't think this will happen.

What autistic Morrissey doesn't appear to get is making such a point at that time was in bad taste. To put into perspective for Morrissey, if a close relative such as his mother got shot dead, he wouldn't want somebody a couple of days later telling him it's no worse than what happens in fast food restaurants every day...

What autistic Morrissey doesn't appear to get is making such a point at that time was in bad taste. To put into perspective for Morrissey, if a close relative such as his mother got shot dead, he wouldn't want somebody a couple of days later telling him it's no worse than what happens in fast food restaurants every day...

This is probably true. If you feel that animal life should be held just as dear as human life then his comparison is very accurate however it probably wasn't the best time to make such a public statement. There also is no overriding need to make a comparison really. You could always just talk about how both are wrong separately but at the same time he probably wants to make the point that millions of animals are killed without a word and aren't treated the same as people. Most people even vegans and veggies though don't really believe animals are equal to humans even if they're sympathetic to there plight is the bottom line. This is proven in there day to day actions

This is why I consider the Norway massacre comment -- and particularly the timing of it, as you rightly pointed out -- the only instance in Morrissey's career where I think he went too far.

Nevertheless, all of Morrissey's missives, from the patently goofy, to the politically suspect, to the downright tragic, are up for debate...

Midnite and vegan, I hope your partner/children get murdered by some fanatic and some c*** comes and says "oh but that's nothing compared to McDonald's.

f*** you both.

That would be appropriate. Maybe Moz can do the honors.

This is why I consider the Norway massacre comment -- and particularly the timing of it, as you rightly pointed out -- the only instance in Morrissey's career where I think he went too far.

Nevertheless, all of Morrissey's missives, from the patently goofy, to the politically suspect, to the downright tragic, are up for debate...

If his response to the Norway killings went too far, the sentiment behind the letter written by (ahem) Boz to the record company following the terror attacks in Paris last year suggesting the re-release of "I throwing my arms.." was chilling.

Unless I missed it, there is no evidence of any charity being aided by the re-release and the letter came across purely as an attempt to resurrect Morrissey's chart career.

Midnite and vegan, I hope your partner/children get murdered by some fanatic and some c*** comes and says "oh but that's nothing compared to McDonald's.

f*** you both.

You scare me greatly. This type of response doesn't even deserve a response. Did you read this before you posted this?

If his response to the Norway killings went too far, the sentiment behind the letter written by (ahem) Boz to the record company following the terror attacks in Paris last year suggesting the re-release of "I throwing my arms.." was chilling.

Unless I missed it, there is no evidence of any charity being aided by the re-release and the letter came across purely as an attempt to resurrect Morrissey's chart career.

Morrissey is pathetic. He's reduced to trying to re-activate trolling Utoya to get some attention. He has repeatedly advocated violence for political ends. His comments on Margaret Thatcher after the Brighton bombings in the 80s were an early sign that we might be dealing with a sociopath. His career implosion stems directly from his comments on Utoya but they were indeed excelled by his venal, sleveen attempt to cash in on the tragedy at Bataclan. Presumably he thinks those deaths were of equal consequence to those of Utoya and were no worse than what goes on in McDonalds/KFC every day. Etc. Total wanker.

It took him over 3 decades to realise his ridiculous 'vegetarian' anthem 'Meat Is Murder' was making a laughing stock of him because he continued to drink milk and eat cheese. The only way out of this abyss is to confess, beg forgiveness and finally begin to do something useful in Art. It's never too late whilst he's still breathing but it's hard now to imagine his angry pride and vanity at being exposed as a fool by myself and others over Veganism can be released, relinquished 'for the sake of the animals'. The only animal Morrissey cares about is himself. A delusional careerist fraud who, hilariously, dedicated his life to becoming 'famous' and has singularly failed. How he must hate those of us who looked on all along raising queries, then alarm bells about this pseud. But karmic justice prevails. He is now an abject laughing stock. But it's still rather sad as he really could have done something useful with his life...

TGIF & light relief reading about this preposterous clown as I unwind from the Real World.

i like the fact that 12" on the slack liked his own anonymous post :p

Humans are just another type of animal, of no more intrinsic value than cats, dogs, cows, etc. Sure, if someone I personally knew was killed, I'd be more upset - but I could say the same if someone killed my dog. Morrissey has nothing to apologise for.

Humans are just another type of animal, of no more intrinsic value than cats, dogs, cows, etc. Sure, if someone I personally knew was killed, I'd be more upset - but I could say the same if someone killed my dog. Morrissey has nothing to apologise for.

And what about a fly? Or a frog, or a worm? Or are we just talking about domesticated and farm animals?

The "no more intrinsic" argument doesn't really work, and it's not even necessary. Even worse than that though, it just makes people dismiss arguments against mass meat farming that are otherwise sound.

I don't see the problem with simply suggesting that there are levels of sentient awareness in other animals that should give us pause in mistreating them, or needlessly using them as food.

A cat or a cow is clearly not biologically the same as a human, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be afforded a level of protection.

Last edited:
Im personally not a full vegan, so I cant fully explain about the concept and philosophy ect in detail.
However I personally dont eat animals meat anymore (nor buy dairy milk or cheese, for that matter, I use soya based alternatives in stead ! )

In fact............. not explaining any thing anymore !

Last edited:
And what about a fly? Or a frog, or a worm? Or are we just talking about domesticated and farm animals?

The "no more intrinsic" argument doesn't really work, and it's not even necessary. Even worse than that though, it just makes people dismiss arguments against mass meat farming that are otherwise sound.

I don't see the problem with simply suggesting that there are levels of sentient awareness in other animals that should give us pause in mistreating them, or needlessly using them as food.

A cat or a cow is clearly not biologically the same as a human, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be afforded a level of protection.

People don't really believe the animals equal humans intrinsic value deal either. No vegan I know believes animals to be the same value equal to a human and they make this clear with there everyday actions. If there was an industry that openly kidnaped people and children in there town killed them and made them into food I imagine people would violently protest but they don't do the same when it's animals of any type. They go to work go to cafes and drink coffee and talk about how it wrong it is but don't treat it the same. A level of protection is a good way to say it but people who say they think animals and people are should be treated the same already don't and don't really feel that way

People don't really believe the animals equal humans intrinsic value deal either. No vegan I know believes animals to be the same value equal to a human and they make this clear with there everyday actions. If there was an industry that openly kidnaped people and children in there town killed them and made them into food I imagine people would violently protest but they don't do the same when it's animals of any type. They go to work go to cafes and drink coffee and talk about how it wrong it is but don't treat it the same. A level of protection is a good way to say it but people who say they think animals and people are should be treated the same already don't and don't really feel that way

Could you repeat that in English?

The only animal Morrissey cares about is himself. A delusional careerist fraud who, hilariously, dedicated his life to becoming 'famous' and has singularly failed. How he must hate those of us who looked on all along raising queries, then alarm bells about this pseud. But karmic justice prevails. He is now an abject laughing stock. But it's still rather sad as he really could have done something useful with his life...

It's amazing that even with his back up against the wall, he still manages to try and divert the blame towards other people; I know that's the mark of a sociopath but can you ever get used to their haughty kamikaze ways when you're not one? No, never, that's the sad part.

So according to him, people who are disgusted by what he does and says are people who hate him unconditionally anyway. Is that the Norwegian gist of it?Dyrehatere, whatever that means, (dehydrated peeps?) everybody knows that's a persecution fantasy, not the real problem here; the real problem is the person who can't open his mouth without saying something that most people consider hurtful and offensive; The problem here is the person who persistently shows he has a huge disorder, and rejecting him is the healthy option, as he cares about absolutely no animal or human; trying to re-release his album and wasting even more (natural and otherwise) resources on his ego is yet another proof of that.

It's like he skipped the whole socialization phase as an infant. It's more and more likely he spent his childhood chained in a dark cellar. But then at least he's consistent and follows his own crazy path; he can't help himself, fair enough. What I'd like to know is, what do the musicians who have his back and promote every thing he does exactly have in their heads? Is there any pride to be felt in being the minion of a sociopath on the decline? Think of all that was wasted. Take a step back.

And he still tries to get the attention of the person(s) his every move revolts. Even when you think he's done, he'll pick a new name, a picture to let you know he wants your attention, and your disdain, badly. Anybody who doesn' have the same problems he has would recognize this as really bad f***ed up shit. Trolling is cute for a while but the man is approaching sixty, and yet he still finds people to help him keep this modus operandi alive. In the name of what, exactly? Are you lot completely delusional?

The people who help him do this are utterly pathetic, I've said so before, but they have to hear. Greed has stopped being an excuse. You've all made enough money, you've all capitalized on sickness for far too long.

If it ends in tears, you'll be forced to take a good look at yourselves.

There were good things to be done, yes. None was done. None. Nothing that was expected, given the amount of money, the fame; for animals, humans, the world. You are all part of a huge waste. It was all useless, and harm-inducing, on multiple levels. You should be ashamed, but of course, you're not, because you're all self-serving opportunistst, even if you'd like to think of yourselves as, I don't know. Friendly, popular chaps?

You WON'T be remembered with kindness, bear that in mind. I say this without hate. When this stops, and it will, (as nothing has any impact anymore, and there is no kindness, no generosity and no joy), you just won't be.

Well they will still love you in far-off places, where folks just want to have a good time at a concert with no second thoughts or knowledge or the who why where or when.

Or the waste. since like meat, Music in this instance is just another product. Nobody cares how it was made:
What was that? With what? With... "love"? Dare you say it? Dare you?

:ha-no:...

"Den britiske rocklegenden sjokkerte verden med sitt syn på 22. juli-terroren. Og han beklager intet." WTF?

Are Norvegan and Den Mark people Nazis too? Are these cities in Germany? Do they go to a Human Foosball game and then after start stabbing people too? Are these the only places in Europe now where he can sell tickets?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom