Morrissey interview in Teraz Muzyka (Sep. 2018 issue, Poland)

Morrissey z ważnym apelem do prezydenta Andrzeja Dudy - Teraz Musyka

Google Translate to English:

Morrissey with an important appeal to President Andrzej Duda
In the "Now Rock" granted to the interview, Morrissey touched on many topics that were important to him - not only musical but also world-view. He even appealed to the president of our country.

Morrissey is one of the heroes of the September issue of "Teraz Rocka", which since yesterday is available for sale. The artist was interviewed by our editor, Jacek Nizinkiewicz , and the men talked about many issues important to the music - including his health condition, "This Is Morrissey" compilation , as well as plans for coming to Poland.

The September 'Teraz Rock' is now on sale

At the end of the conversation, the subject of Morrissey's veganism and quite sharp views, which he voices in this regard:

You have been a vegan for a long time and defend animal rights. During one of the concerts in Poland, you talked about the KFC network as Kentucky f***ing Chicken. Meanwhile, in Poland it is a popular fastfood, which even President Andrzej Duda comes to.

I would like to remind him that the meat industry is the biggest threat to the environment. If you eat at KFC, you support abuses in the field of environmental protection. It's worth being part of the vegan world, not McDonald's.

Morrissey also admitted that the media - especially the British ones - are very unfair to him, but he is grateful to the fans for their support. This and much more, however, you will find in a conversation published in the latest "Teraz Rocka" .

44143_terazrock_9_2018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just updated with a link to the Larry King interview

Thanks, I guess I’ll have to watch it again,
because folks may be putting words in his mouth. Could be wrong.

I’m on the case !

:)

He is lying and exaggerating. He never had cancer. Barrett's oesophagus is not cancer. It's a potentially pre-cancerous condition so it needs keeping in check, but it's not life-threatening in any way. But he has consistently let this misapprehension ride when people ask him about it - most embarrassingly in the Larry King interview. Wily old Larry, who I'm sure knew the game that was being played, asked him, 'So, you're not Stage Four, then?' Watching Morrissey squirm was instructive. He's had plenty of opportunity to set the record straight but declines to grab it, every time.
Two repulsive names on one page. Morrissey. McCartney. I denounce both 100%.

Thanks, I guess I’ll have to watch it again,
because folks may be putting words in his mouth. Could be wrong.

I’m on the case !

:)

I think he just got confused as there is no such thing as Barretts Cancer, Barretts oesophagus is the name for when the cells start changing and its generally caused by acid reflux, hence the need for acid suppressants once diagnosed.

I think he just got confused as there is no such thing as Barretts Cancer, Barretts oesophagus is the name for when the cells start changing and its generally caused by acid reflux, hence the need for acid suppressants once diagnosed.

Thanks, so let’s say he got confused.

But, more importantly ...

I wonder if Peperment or anyone has links
to where he actually said the words...

I have cancer.

Again, I could be wrong, but I would like to see some proof of this, not just someone’s interpretation of what he said, even if he was confused about the name of the condition.

Thanks, so let’s say he got confused.

But, more importantly ...

I wonder if Peperment or anyone has links
to where he actually said the words...

I have cancer.

Again, I could be wrong, but I would like to see some proof of this, not just someone’s interpretation of what he said, even if he was confused about the name of the condition.
No, you are quite right, he never said the words 'I have cancer.' What was reported in the Guardian and elsewhere was that he said:
“They have scraped cancerous tissues four times already, but whatever...If I die, then I die. And if I don’t, then I don’t."

Like Surface says, it appears he's got confused because Barrett's is a change in cells, not actual cancer. It's pre-cancerous cells. If they scraped cancerous cells, then he would have esophageal cancer. He doesn't - he has Barrett's (as he has confirmed).

My issue is that he never corrected the people who said he did have cancer. So that by the time he went on Larry King in 2015, the myth/confusion/call it what you will was already well-established.

When Larry King asked him in 2015, 'You revealed you had cancer,' Morrissey's somewhat awkward response was:
'WuuuIisahasbeen found, yes.'
'What kind?' asked Larry.
'Um... B-Barrett's.'
'You're not Stage 4, then?' asked canny old Larry.
'Er... no,' says Moz, shaking his head.

So Larry says, 'You had cancer.' Moz does not refute this. When asked what kind of cancer he had, Moz answers 'Barrett's'.

So he had an opportunity to set the record straight, but chose not to.

No, you are quite right, he never said the words 'I have cancer.' What was reported in the Guardian and elsewhere was that he said:
“They have scraped cancerous tissues four times already, but whatever...If I die, then I die. And if I don’t, then I don’t."

Like Surface says, it appears he's got confused because Barrett's is a change in cells, not actual cancer. It's pre-cancerous cells. If they scraped cancerous cells, then he would have esophageal cancer. He doesn't - he has Barrett's (as he has confirmed).

My issue is that he never corrected the people who said he did have cancer. So that by the time he went on Larry King in 2015, the myth/confusion/call it what you will was already well-established.

When Larry King asked him in 2015, 'You revealed you had cancer,' Morrissey's somewhat awkward response was:
'Um... B-Barrett's.'

So Larry says, 'You had cancer.' Moz does not refute this. When asked what kind of cancer he had, Moz answers 'Barrett's'.

So a lie of omission not commission, still not good, but tad less f***ed up :o

'Um... B-Barrett's.'

When has Morrissey ever corrected himself ?

The thing about not correcting King, and answering correctly could be just a mistake
caused by nerves or whatever, also confusion about what is and what is not Barrett’s.

Think it all comes down to interpretation as usual. But we should get it straight and stop spreading the rumor that he actually out right said... I have cancer.

Last edited:

'Um... B-Barrett's.'

Isn't that what he always does? It's maddening. If I had a scare, I'd whoop it from the rooftops that no, I did not have cancer, thank whichever deity you choose.

'Um... B-Barrett's.'

He is not a doctor. You can't reasonably expect the use of technical words or accurate diagnosis from him. Get a life please.

'Um... B-Barrett's.'
'You're not Stage 4, then?' asked canny old

I’ve posted this before, in another thread a while back, so I apologize in advance for any repetition. I’ve had Barrett’s esophagus with high-grade dysplaisa for a long time now, almost a decade, so I do speak from experience about this topic. This form of BE is considered Cancer Stage 0, or carcinoma in situ. I know it’s splitting (perfectly quiffed) hairs, but if that was what Moz was diagnosed with, then he’s not technically lying.
Having BE with high grade dysphasia does require quite a bit of monitoring and retesting for the first year or so, as cells can escape and spread on rare occasions. It’s very scary because esophageal cancer in its advanced stages has a very high mortality rate and is extremely aggressive and tends to be unresponsive to treatment. Learning I had stage 0 cancer, even though it was a quite fortunate stage to be diagnosed at compared to other folks, did shake me up and changed how I saw myself.
And I’m sure Morrissey must have felt particularly frightened that this illness might affect or take away the thing he loves to do more than anything, sing. Thankfully, the remission rates for stage 0 or even early stage 1 esophageal cancer are very favorable when treated with endoscopic mucosal resection, or EMR, procedures, as high as 96% according to some studies. So let’s hope Moz stays healthy long term, he’s in an excellent position to do so!

He is not a doctor. You can't reasonably expect the use of technical words or accurate diagnosis from him. Get a life please.
I have a life, thanks. I was responding to Ketamine Sun asking where I got the idea he said he had cancer (which as far as I am aware, is not a technical word). I think you'll find most people manage to understand whether they have it or not without doing a medical degree.

I’ve posted this before, in another thread a while back, so I apologize in advance for any repetition. I’ve had Barrett’s esophagus with high-grade dysplaisa for a long time now, almost a decade, so I do speak from experience about this topic. This form of BE is considered Cancer Stage 0, or carcinoma in situ. I know it’s splitting (perfectly quiffed) hairs, but if that was what Moz was diagnosed with, then he’s not technically lying.
Having BE with high grade dysphasia does require quite a bit of monitoring and retesting for the first year or so, as cells can escape and spread on rare occasions. It’s very scary because esophageal cancer in its advanced stages has a very high mortality rate and is extremely aggressive and tends to be unresponsive to treatment. Learning I had stage 0 cancer, even though it was a quite fortunate stage to be diagnosed at compared to other folks, did shake me up and changed how I saw myself.
And I’m sure Morrissey must have felt particularly frightened that this illness might affect or take away the thing he loves to do more than anything, sing. Thankfully, the remission rates for stage 0 or even early stage 1 esophageal cancer are very favorable when treated with endoscopic mucosal resection, or EMR, procedures, as high as 96% according to some studies. So let’s hope Moz stays healthy long term, he’s in an excellent position to do so!
Glad you're well, Linder, and thanks for the info.

must have been a very slow sunday on here,this story gets regurgitated every few months on here,we will never get to the bottom of it.
hail hail.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom