Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out tomorrow

Re: Article: Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out

The assistant salting his chips- Ridiculous! UK readers are likely to be reminded of Alan Partridge and his PA Lynn...!

Sadly Alan's views on the pedestrianisation of Norwich City Centre are more palatable than Morrissey's pissed-up rant. For someone who professes not to watch the news he spends an inordinate amount of time talking about it... a bit like Alan and the Bangkok ladyboys video in his Travellodge room.

Is Morrissey the new Partridge/Jeremy Clarkson?

Re: Article: Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out

"Morrissey has been an angry embarrassment to his fans for years." - The Telegraph

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/cultur...or-years-who-cares-what-he-thinks-about-ukip/

One look at the comments section shows you the intellect of the average Telegraph reader - they've dedicated most of their time to racially abusing the columnist and telling her to "go back where she comes from". Ugh. I did think this part of the article was spot-on though:

For years, Morrissey has been a reactionary and at times, nasty man, consumed by bitterness, spouting predictable and boring "controversy" in exchange for column inches – there’s nothing new there.

Last edited:

Just re-read the section about the assistant grinding salt onto his chips, because he feared contamination from meat-eaters who might have used (the grinder) previously. :laughing:. Absolutely unbelievable. The man has lost his mind.

Liam is named in the article as being in charge of Morrissey's security,

So is Liam the english security guy on the tour? Arturo being the American / Mexican ?

Just re-read the section about the assistant grinding salt onto his chips, because he feared contamination from meat-eaters who might have used (the grinder) previously. :laughing:. Absolutely unbelievable. The man has lost his mind.

I'm a veggie and even I thought it was ridiculous! How the f*** can salt be contaminated? What about the hundredes of people who've managed to hug him at gigs? 75 % are probably meat eaters!

I'm a veggie and even I thought it was ridiculous! How the f*** can salt be contaminated? What about the hundredes of people who've managed to hug him at gigs? 75 % are probably meat eaters!

Absolutely. And this is exactly what happen when "superstars" lose touch with the real world and they live in extreme wealth and surroounding but lots of sycophants whose next payroll depends on bowing down to His Majesty's latest whim. In such situations, said "superstars" literally lose *it*.

I'm sorry, but I spotted echoes of Michael Jackson and his (in)famous OCDs in the salt grinder anecdote. And, yes, also Alan Partridge, which, for non-UK people, was a genius parody of an arrogant, washed-up, nastily right-wing former TV presenter with delusions of grandeur...generally obnoxious to anyone he came across.

Morrissey's views on taxation and foreign aid really troubled me. Aside from the joke-like contradiction of someone who half claims to stick up for the poor, they also reveal a spectacular lack of empathy.

Morrissey sounds really ill-informed about politics. NOthing wrong with that. He was a great singer and artist. Perhaps he should just stick to what he knows instead of pontificating about stuff he can only discuss by regurgitating cliches.

He's become the Jeremy Clarkson of popular music.

He talks shit so often, no one can tell what's truth & what's a caricature.

Well, do you live in the UK?
Listen, the reason people say things like "The Spirt of the Smiths" and "Pre 2000" is because then Morrissey was actually more than merely a singer.
There are enough singers in the world and artists in Camden, to mean more than being simply a practising artist you have to have something about you, be in touch.
In the Smtihs days Morrissey had all this, he cared enough to make good music, he cared enough to make sure he wasn't interviewed by scum, he cared enough and knew enough to take an interest in the day to day lives of others.
This in turn informed his art.
Now, post 2000, post LA he has become merely a star. Worshipped by Americans and people who are happy to have a "living legend" type ( a title he is fast spending)appear.
People keep bitching because he once meant something, we want that man back (thats fandom).Some of us love him but its becoming clear we don't like him or even want to meet him.
As for the coming second to David Attenborough thing, well those polls don't mean a thing and he came second merely due to an internet trick, fans from around the world voting and re voting (and that was a while ago now). Morrissey in the UK is a joke (which is sad to say), his credit is at best running thin and I for one am not certain he can get it back (I hope he does)
The proof is in he press he gets and the general "word on the street", even among intelligent music people and intelligent former fans
Now, I and others were quick to defend him, as there have been some witch hunts and people whom through jealousy seek to harm him.
Lately, things have changed. He had some good points in this interview and was amusing at times but liking someone who is pro hunting and against homosexual marriage as well as being a crap middle Englander is just taking the piss, as well as praising a thick thug footballer, David Beckham has more about him than that twat. His selfish views on tax and other comments show his humanity is lacking
Last year Moz played only 2 shows in the UK one in Scotland to 3000 people (or so) the other in Manchester. He should have sold this venue out, the truth is he didn't .He filled the place up by having a huge guest list and other tricks. On the day of the concert tickets were still being sold and ticket touts were giving them away.
The reason for this is mixed, constant interviews where we can't always put it down to him being in a mood or pissed (in the English use of the word), treating his fans like a cash machine- his solo remastered offerings and greatest hits are a scam- a set list he has been mostly playing for years and not even giving his fans a decent support band- Kristeen Young maybe cheap and only one person, so easy to have around and its great he is happy to try and help her but that shouldnt mean the fans have to endure her time and time again. Most arrive after she has gone or talk while she goes through the motions-This means the fans have basically been deprived of a support act.
There was a time when he would at least vary things each tour. I understand things have changed and to make money (all he seems to care about these days) an act has to tour this can be hard work and has taken some of the magic away- where once there was passion now a number of gigs are just work throughs.
I still think he has something to offer but he needs to sort f***ing sort it out quick time. His legacy is in trouble

Thankyou and thankyou again.
This post sums up everything I feel about him at the moment. I agree with everything you have written, I wanted to go to the arena gig but in my heart I knew what would be on offer and so I sat at home (wondering if I'd got it wrong) but sad to say I had made the right choice. I think he hears us and the critics and his answer is to dig his heels in and say "You can all just f*** off even though your right I will not be told which direction to take, I would rather go out of business". He really is an awkward twat, I don't think he'll ever change in fact he gets worse by the day. As you say and again I have to agree, I still think he has something to offer BUT he needs to find what and where that something is and the only way that will happen is to end this terrible chapter never to be returned to.
Its time to take a long break to re-invent,to find new influence,to meet knew people (and old) To learn not to be an arse-hole (ie f***in salt/fries) To re-learn the art and craft of playing live shows again that mean something (Instead of going through the motions with a bunch of dressed up puppets) To find the passion oh I'm babbling on now.
If only he would f***ing listen to what is going on around him. (Bangs head against wall again) Oh my happy memories.

Pin and mount me like David Hockney

We didn't actually hear straight from the horses mouth that the salting was done by another due to meat fear, did we ?

I think the phrase was "... I'm assured that..." . But the journalist doesn't clarify who assured him.

I'm not clutching at straws ; I can't quite manage to feel dismayed by whatever variant of the "chip" story happens to be true ...

Pin and mount me like David Hockney

I think he was into pools more than dead bugs.

What an enormous stack of tosh. How tunnel-visioned are you? It's quite simply you have a go at this site for reporting people's feelings. Are you insane? At what point will you stop defending Morrissey's indefensible uttering? When he starts saying he admires Nick Griffin, perhaps, or will you find a way to rationalise that? You're going to find a reason to have a go at this site no matter what, like you have done for ages. It's pathetic.

P.

I really don't get why you're a mod on here when you clearly hate Morrissey. In fact, the same goes for 90% of the posters? Why not just bugger off and listen to Bruno Mars or something.

I really don't get why you're a mod on here when you clearly hate Morrissey. In fact, the same goes for 90% of the posters? Why not just bugger off and listen to Bruno Mars or something.

You're an idiot. You just couldn't be more wrong. I don't have to carry out all my Morrissey-related discussions in public. How could you possibly know I HATE Morrissey? You just couldn't be more wrong. And I'm not going to go over the well-trodden ground of only-complimentary vs. open forum.

P.

P.S - What DO you think of his comments about Nigel Farage?

Last edited:

You're an idiot. You just couldn't be more wrong. I don't have to carry out all my Morrissey-related discussions in public. How could you possibly know I HATE Morrissey? You just couldn't be more wrong. And I'm not going to go over the well-trodden ground of only-complimentary vs. open forum.

P.

P.S - What DO you think of his comments about Nigel Farage?

So 'couldn't be more wrong' you said it twice.
I'd love to answer your other question, but as I'm such an 'idiot' why would you care what I thought?
You're right; the ground here is trodden, sanctimonious and sad; like an old folks home that needs putting out of its misery. Oh the smiths, the this, the that. Nothing will ever change the way I feel about Morrissey. It's unconditional love. If people want to just pick holes in him there's bell-ends all over the place who know nothing about him who'd gladly join you. Just don't come crying round here when he dies, and you treated him so shoddily because some of us have long memories.

I'd love to answer your other question, but as I'm such an 'idiot' why would you care what I thought?
You're right; the ground here is trodden, sanctimonious and sad; like an old folks home that needs putting out of its misery. Oh the smiths, the this, the that. Nothing will ever change the way I feel about Morrissey. It's unconditional love. If people want to just pick holes in him there's bell-ends all over the place who know nothing about him who'd gladly join you. Just don't come crying round here when he dies, and you treated him so shoddily because some of us have long memories.

Kool Aid. Jonestown. Words that spring to mind.

So, he expresses support for a racist and homophobic party, and, because of your 'unconditional love', that's OK with you? Is it?

P.

How is it possible to feel 'unconditional love' for someone you don't even know? A multi-millionaire who at the end of the day, just sees you as a statistic to buy his records and make him richer? I'm always amazed when fans say things like this. Likewise, I'm sure Morrissey couldn't give 2 shits about being "treated shoddily" by anybody so remote from his real life as a moderator on a fan forum; if he did he wouldn't repeatedly set himself up for a public flogging, as he has done so now and so many times before.

Yep, thats what unconditional love means. Morrissey has said a thousand things I don't agree with. My mum says mildly racist things sometimes; I still love her.
I'm not defending Moz's views; just saying that it just doesn't change a thing for me. His music has given me too much. You don't turn you back on someone like that - because his music means more to me some real relationships. You can't take that present of music from him if he's let you down so badly. He never let's me down. I'm just so happy he's still going, causing chaos and still singing.

So, he expresses support for a racist and homophobic party, and, because of your 'unconditional love', that's OK with you? Is it?

P.

Yep, thats what unconditional love means. Morrissey has said a thousand things I don't agree with. My mum says mildly racist things sometimes; I still love her.
I'm not defending Moz's views; just saying that it just doesn't change a thing for me. His music has given me too much. You don't turn you back on someone like that - because his music means more to me some real relationships. You can't take that present of music from him if he's let you down so badly. He never let's me down. I'm just so happy he's still going, causing chaos and still singing.

You don't really love him, then, do you? You're in love with a hero-image of him that you have in your mind, where he's essentially frozen in time and given an eternal 'pass' for whatever he says or does because he wrote "I've Changed My Plea to Guilty" or "Last Night I Dreamt....". If it makes you happy to think that way, sure, but I don't see how that enables you to criticise people who still try to engage with Morrissey as a real person and address his public statements accordingly. Clearly, he could support Nazism and it wouldn't change shit for you. That doesn't make people who try to be objective, evil.

Back
Top Bottom