Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out tomorrow

Re: Article: Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out

I usually resent it when female politicians are criticized for their appearance, but Morrissey is spot-on (and very funny) in his own inimitable way. He also follows up sensibly enough. That's exactly how I imagine Morrissey follows politics - with a rather catty eye for style as well as substance. He veers left, then right, then left again: contradictory and a bit baffling as usual.

This may be true but it doesn't preclude anyone else being equally as acerbic, catty or incisive. Other people can say equally caustic 'mots'. They don't have a tour to promote though.

P.

Re: Article: Morrissey interview in the 'Legends' issue of 'Loaded' (Feb. 2013), out

This may be true but it doesn't preclude anyone else being equally as acerbic, catty or incisive. Other people can say equally caustic 'mots'. They don't have a tour to promote though.

P.

I must disagree with you there Skinny - no one else can be as caustic as Morrissey; his "wit" can peel paint.

As for tour promotion - Morrissey goes about it in a way no one else would (or should). He continuously breaks unspoken rules and does unthinkable damage to his own reputation. It boggles the mind, it truly does.

Last edited:

He has an assistant salt his French Fries?

I doubt even Jimmy Savile did that. Oh hang on

He declares himself "far too concerned with social injustice", yet he's not sufficiently concerned to reside in the UK for tax purposes. How the f*** can you be a multi-millionaire for singing pop songs and, without a shred of irony, declare yourself "concerned with social injustice"?

He positions himself on the side of "an obese Wakefield mum" and actually tries to present himself as one of "the little folk" (despite being in the richest 1% of the population) yet, despite his supposed sympathy for the poor, he's jizzing all over the privately educated Nigel Farage and his party which wants, among many other things, to strip away workers' rights to sick pay, redundancy pay and paid holidays, and which - helpfully for Morrissey - wants to introduce a flat-rate of income tax, reducing it, in Morrissey's case, by up to 15-19%. Up the workers, eh?

There's no doubt he can string a decent sentence together - just a shame he uses his articulacy to talk such incoherent shite so fluently.

Would've been nice to have an interview of this length in which he talks solely about music...

Britain's only Daily Mail / Morning Star reader

There´s still few being(s) living, who have their own thoughts, own name and own face. That is respectful altogether.

Would've been nice to have an interview of this length in which he talks solely about music...

Good idea. :cool:

This is probably blatantly obvious to everyone else but when he said "pink floyd might disagree" did it mean sort of "pink floyd might be a eception, or putting them out there because he doesn't like them?

It took nearly twenty years as a fan, but I have finally read a Morrissey interview that bored me utterly and completely to tears. Where the hell was the editor of this rambling mess?

'Jamie 'Orrible'! Oh, Moz, stop it - your wit is killing me!

I actually thought most of the points Morrissey made were spot on, some put in his own tongue-in-cheek way of course. Interesting to hear the man at length on whatever he felt like discussing, rather than these pointless interviews we get that ask the same questions and get the same short replies, no???

Well, at least, he drinks wine. That's on the plus side.

Cheerio!

Re: Morrissey is 'Loaded' ~ out tomorrow. Phwoaaarr! etc...

This interview makes me feel so sad. It's incredible how out of touch he is. No more foreign aid, despite the UK being one of the wealthiest countries on the planet? Bring back old-fashioned buses because they're "English"? Well... when was the last time you got on a bus, Morrissey? And when you did, were you in a wheelchair or did you have a pushchair? No, course not, but hey, let's have buses that the people who actually need to use them CAN'T ACCESS because it's "little ol' England" for the benefit of some old git who lives in Los Angeles and has rose-tinted spectacles stapled to his face. And UKIP? Oh, that'd be the homophobic racists, wouldn't it? But anything for little old England. (yet while dissing Europe and apparently supporting UKIP, he lionises Germany. Which is... erm... where is it again? Oh, wouldn't that be in Europe? Mein Gott, I do believe it is! And we all know how f***ing AWESOME Germany is, because they don't have a pesky minimum wage over there. Brilliant). And yes, those terrible Tories, the worse thing they do, according to Morrissey, is support blood sports and the royal family. Never mind their screwing of the working class (and basically everyone who isn't a millionaire). Oh, and in case you didn't know, Morrissey hates the Beckhams. How very 2001.

Just when you think he's had all he's had to say in the realm of completely crazy bollocks that he only seems to come out with to be controversial and get column inches, keeping himself in the public eye long enough to try for another record deal, he comes out with EVEN MORE!

I still love his music, but f*** ME SIDEWAYS it's been embarrassing being a fan of this total pillock's music for a very long time.

well said...what a bore he has become.No style, no wit just Clarkson crap.
Of course he is a joke in the UK now. He knows it.
I long for pre 2000 moz but he is dead.

He will however, always be human. And therefore, capable of writing and singing and conveying emotional art pieces. I hope he does still have this ability or true desire to use it, as we wouldn't have to read interviews such as this.

Yes, he is full of emotions and emotional intelligence and he used to have some good views those days are gone.
Seems to me the further he got from James Maker and Linder the more stupid and boring he has become.

This is complete crap, fame and money has killed the man we love.

Morrissey in a Lad's Mag, being interviewed by a disgraced former News of The World journalist where he expresses his admiration for Farage and UKIP. That was a grim read.

Plus cheese sandwiches from someone so seemingly committed to the rights of other animals... "milk is murder" too Morrissey: http://www.veganoutreach.org/dairy/

Many thanks for scans. Very very interesting interview.

Joey Barton ? Oh yeh thats that thicko footballer innit so good he's been palmed off to some team in France, he'd only been there 10 minutes, next thing he's talking all Frenchy-Allo-Allo eeerrrrrr "je ma pel Sjowieee like aint I !" Our Joe is so clever he likes to tweet things like @Pit-bull..... "Little mans birthday today so gonna be out all day I say ALL DAY at the zoo like! so if yer like, the house is empty like so all der prezzies ar in der, why not pop round an help yers-selves !!! Yer know whad am sayin like !!!"
Now forgive me if I am wrong BUT some people say that David Becham is a bit thick (I don't) One thing is nailed on though he's not as THICK as Sjosophee Bartonburg (Mozzy's intelligent footy pal).
Joey Barton !!!! The man who (qoute) likes to listen to Johnny Marrs rifts .
Au revoir

Morrissey in a Lad's Mag, being interviewed by a disgraced former News of The World journalist where he expresses his admiration for Farage and UKIP. That was a grim read.

Plus cheese sandwiches from someone so seemingly committed to the rights of other animals... "milk is murder" too Morrissey: http://www.veganoutreach.org/dairy/

Oh dear... http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...son-to-take-over-lads-mag-loaded-7778497.html and his best friend (on the pay roll) is the manager of a franchised football club... Oh, and isn't the internet brilliant - now we know who Morrissey's minder is http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/909867722

Show me a barrel and watch me scrape it...

Dave

Oh dear... http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...son-to-take-over-lads-mag-loaded-7778497.html and his best friend (on the pay roll) is the manager of a franchised football club... Oh, and isn't the internet brilliant - now we know who Morrissey's minder is http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/909867722

Show me a barrel and watch me scrape it...

Dave

It's pretty sad, Dave. I was thinking about fan's reactions this morning. It kind of splits into three groups:

Those that don't care what he says and will always worship the ground he walks on and any words he utters. After this interview, there's a few of those commenting, but not too many as far as I can see.

Those that are fans, but are conflicted by what he says, preferring to keep their own counsel. There's lots of those, but I wonder if it's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going "La la la I can't hear anything"

Those, like me, who are very disappointed with his new utterances, in particular his professed admiration for a man who runs a party full of all kinds of racists, bigots and homophobes.

It's just all very sad. The way to bounce back is to make a f***ing brilliant album and get people talking about the music. I really wish he would.

P.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom