Morrissey interview in Vegan Logic

• Thread starter Roberto Ferdenzi
  • Start date
"I’m not going to ask you anything about the Harvest drama because you already explained it perfectly. "

The interview then turns into a huge beating stick with witch he continually thumps Harvest Records, democratic society, voting, the United Kingdumb oh yes don't forget to (YAAAWWWWWWWN) thump the Royal family.
Basically the boring bastard interviewed himself in the mirror, either that or the person interviewing was handed the Qs prior to the interview.
Very Saville esque I thought.

Benny-the-British-Butcher ������

If you interviewed yourself it'd go something like this

Last edited by a moderator:
No vote is the right vote. Vive la révolution.

D.

How's that working out for you?

Firstly, the arse-licking questions were sickening. There's a famous 1950s BBC television interview with then Prime Minister Harold MacMillan which was similarly obsequious. It wasn't quite "Prime Minister, why are you so great?" but it wasn't far off. I'd love to see a Morrissey interview with a proper heavyweight, professional journalist, rather than these muso idiots. My sense is Morrissey would run a mile. He talks about big issues but only ever in a small way.

I don't understand why Morrissey and his mentor Brand seem to think 500 or 5,000 or 50,000 or 500,000 people demonstrating for something must suddenly and immediately void the democratic will of the majority. Morrissey struggles with the concept of democracy itself. It is compromise on a vast scale, and the nature of compromise is no-one is really happy. It is an imperfect system which has the advantage of working better than the alternatives.

Morrissey, ever politically confused, thinks the world should be run by anarchists and his own entourage run as his personal fiefdom. He should practice what he preaches. Even Jim Jones had the balls to do that.

Since this memo http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...The-Door-Behind-Me-Morrissey-statement-at-TTY - there has been a shift in tone from Morrissey. He seems less angry, more at peace, less ranting, less knee-jerk, more thoughtful, etc. I have my own idea as to why this is so but I'll keep it to myself... As for "West Side Story" that may have been the intended video idea or he may have been joking. I can't imagine Morrissey dancing through the streets. In the video for "Tomorrow" - he walked.

I don't understand why Morrissey and his mentor Brand seem to think 500 or 5,000 or 50,000 or 500,000 people demonstrating for something must suddenly and immediately void the democratic will of the majority.

And I don't understand how ~100 Billionaires in the UK can have almost absolute control of the "democracy" the UK claims to have. Of course a No vote is not enough. Democracy is not complete until $$$ is out of the equation. The current system is almost reminiscent of Athenian democracy where only certain citizens had the right to vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this memo http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...The-Door-Behind-Me-Morrissey-statement-at-TTY - there has been a shift in tone from Morrissey. He seems less angry, more at peace, less ranting, less knee-jerk, more thoughtful, etc. I have my own idea as to why this is so but I'll keep it to myself... As for "West Side Story" that may have been the intended video idea or he may have been joking. I can't imagine Morrissey dancing through the streets. In the video for "Tomorrow" - he walked.

Please tell why you think he sounds more at peace.

And most importantly, how is your health in general?

I don’t manage to remain very balanced! I’ve suffered from Chronic Cancelitis for several years, and I feel intensely melancholic every day. So much so that I have announced another comeback tour, same old shit except aimed at the European audience because the Yanks have wised up to me and I need to get outa town quick stix .
Yes I will cancel ! I don't give a shit and they (the lemmings) know it
Anyway did I tell you I'm a humasexual ? Yes I've got a new song called 'penabumvag' and it's the best song I have ever written and it's going to be global, Harvest records will be kicking themselves. Oh no!!!!!! BLACK ! BLACK ! Everything is BLACK ! I really must go now it's all going BLACK I tell you. BLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

And off he went !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

And I don't understand how ~100 Billionaires in the UK can have almost absolute control of the "democracy" the UK claims to have. Of course a No vote is not enough. Democracy is not complete until $$$ is out of the equation. The current system is almost reminiscent of Athenian democracy where only certain citizens had the right to vote.

Utter bollocks. Every adult who meets the legal criteria in the UK has a vote. Your problem is they don't share your barking mad left wing ideology. Get used to it. They never will.

Re: Vegan Logic interview

Great read. I sure enjoy those Morrissey political views. The problem with not expressing them (or ridiculing those that do), is that it supports the status quo, which is better than feudalism but still shit. Apathy, in my mind, is the apologetic acceptance of the way things are because it's "the best we've got". It isn't the current 'ism' that's the academic problem. It is the implementation of it.

Utter bollocks. Every adult who meets the legal criteria in the UK has a vote. Your problem is they don't share your barking mad left wing ideology. Get used to it. They never will.

We all get that everyone is allowed to vote. The trouble is that what we're being asked to vote for are a bunch of crooks of one persuasion or another. There are a straighter bunch running Italy.

Universal suffrage, the way it exists today, is not capable of revealing the will of the majority of the working people.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That was very nearly the first Moz interview I've read in which I've not laughed out loud.

And then this...

Likewise, although I probably won’t spot you unless you look especially noticable. Perhaps if you dressed up as a goat?

:D:D

I think I could have done without every question being prefaced by several sentences of the interviewer bum-licking Morrissey as hard as they could.

Also, for a site called 'Vegan Logic', it's a bit odd that they didn't ask the most logical question: "If you love animals so much, why aren't you vegan?"

f***ing miserable c*** isn't he? Christ

The Man picks the opening act you suggested and you call him a "c***." As a person from East Riding of Yorkshire, you make me feel ashamed...since you said "c***" - you strike me as ungrateful trash.

"When are we going to experience this wonderful mutual feeling again? In October?
In December. It is a Sunday evening."
----------
i thought it would end after the o2 arena in england like 2012...! so he will come all the way back to turkey? (and possibly greece??!) hope soooooo

I think it's just nice to see a new Morrissey interview whether the questions were softballs or not. What is this interview #2 since WPINOYB?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom