Morrissey interview on ABC.es

New interview

https://translate.googleusercontent...0.html&usg=ALkJrhilwCJKR0OQtQQhanWJwbllWPDijw

After overcoming the health problems that have forced many shows to be canceled this year, Steven Patrick Morrissey finally reached Spain to present his new work, "World Peace is none of your business." The release of the album started well, the reviews were favorable and enthusiastic fans responded, but then something went wrong between former The Smiths and seal. With an uncertain future, this myth of British pop seems to be about to surrender to fate ... or not?

What idea behind "World peace is none of your business"?

We live in an era where everything is too narrow and authoritarian moral codes. We need not be supervised or trampled, let us create our own laws, please. The media give too much support to world leaders that are dangerous, sadistic. And what's worse, the people can not decide which public funds are used. We need a peaceful revolution to revamp the voting system in elections, because it does not work as intended, and is especially designed to work for the people.

'The review has received it well.

I think there is no doubt that it is the best album I've ever done. All those who continue to come back to watch that with the Smiths begin to sound like real stupid, insane. "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" is the album of my life ... but now have no idea what my life is.

'The disc is also liked by the fans, but then came the problem with your label ...

Yes, I was been a great feeling for me after all these years .... and then it happened about my discussion with the director of my record, Steve Barnett. I could not see who was doing a good promotion, but as he is so selfish, what he did was say goodbye and remove the disc from the sale within three weeks. It's a situation that has not been seen in the history of music! Workers do not think the record would agree with Steve, but then, if they show disagreement he will bring their bodies into a pot of boiling oil.

'Is there possibility of understanding with Harvest Records, then?

-As I understand it, Harvest has put my head on a pike, so ... no, I do not think we will ever be friends! Anyway, have you ever artists have been friends of record? Is that possible? I have 14 new songs that I like to record, but with the luck I have, I know that nothing will happen and I can not do. I'm lucky in many ways, but I'm cursed so many. I have to accept it.

What would you like to do in the future?

I'd like to publish two or three more albums, but the reality is that the effort to find a label is leaving me exhausted. At my age, this is humiliating. A Charles Aznavour seems to do well as well. Maybe someone fiche me when I turn 91? Should I wait ...

What are your plans for the coming months? Maybe some collaborative project in mind?

'I asked Charles Aznavour sing in my song "Earth Is the Loneliest Planet" , but he said he does collaborations. However, I checked on YouTube who has collaborated with over 30 artists! So obviously what happens is that you do not like how I sound! We met the same birthday.

-HA Launched its own merchandising company, Mporium. Are you the same Responsible for designs?

Not all. My team is very smart and very stylish with their creations, so I have confidence to make final decisions in your hands. I understand me and understand what the public wants. Moreover, it is a great personal opportunity because I've never had a official fan club, so now people can get a little closer to me and incidentally bought some clothes to put on a funeral.

'One of their shirts said "Be Kind to Animals or I'll kill you."

It's by a holder of a tabloid about my veganism and my defense of animals. The headline was "Morrissey will kill you." I do not remember who wrote it, I always have to deal with nonsense. I know most will seem wrong, but I hope there who take it with a sense of humor.

So he's vegan now?

I pointed out one beautiful detail. You conclude I think the rest is shit? Would you prefer a line by line analysis of the beauty? Or should I just f*** off since it's apparent I am not a TRUE FAN because I dared to point out a single particular moment I enjoyed?

You know what? f*** off.

I don't think that's what the person posting the comment meant.

Doesn't Boz have a recording studio in Portugal? Why doesn't Morrissey record his next three albums there? Is the studio too small? Would it be too expensive for him to do that?

yes Boz has, in London too, remember Boz doing a recording and sing a long with an old Adam Ant song, which wasn't released after all

one can hire a studio everywhere, but you need a label to release, or some has release it themselves, but than HE has to sell his CD's online
or at gigs

Morrissey wants a good deal, and I x-my-fingers it happens , He has a bad karma in the musicworld for labels, but I hope they see it's
one of the last cult hero's in the musicworld, Legend since The Smiths, but a troubled man..maybe He must accept money isn't important it will come if
He keeps on releasing albums like WPINOYB.

postshow Lisboa please

'and they say he's mentall'....setlist..

It was take the blind lab rat and poke it a few extra times to see what will happen since none of the other people are poking it. It was calculated, fake antagonizing. I'm over it. I don't f***ing care. For years I say "This is the message I am trying to communicate to this person." ANd for years they ignored me. So now I ignore them and "I'll show her." The f***er can dish it out but he can't take it. SO f*** it. I'm done. Go start another subject. Have fun with the new advances in technology. Go.

54 played OFFENSE AND DEFENSE THE ENTIRE GAME TONIGHT. And they lost. Everyone lost. I am a joke. This science experiement is a joke. Happy f***ing birthday, it's been fun f***ing with you and prompting you to make an ass out of yourself in this great quest that you are disconnected from because you have a vagina. f*** it. f*** them. THere is ZERO fun about doing this COMPLETELY AND DAUNTINGLY ALONE ad nauseum. Idiots. Now this for their great pleasure. THANKS for f***ing up us trying to sync up.

What the hell? Someone said that your comment was beautiful and you go nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
World peas is the shittist offering to date, a total abortion, it sounds like Spice Girls material.
Announced as the follow up to Viva Hate ! Dont make me laugh, I would rather sit under the stairs with a triple migraine and chronic toothache than put that lazy shit in my ears.
And another thing, have we found out where these T-shirts are being cranked out yet ? We'd know all about it if "the animals " where being treated poorly ! Let's just brush sweatshops, child labour, long hours , poor conditions, poor wages, slave labour etc under the carpet shall we ? You Morrissey fans are a joke at the minute.
P E T A !
Purchase ethical T-shirts always.
World slavery is all of our business !
Be kind to slaves or I will put you in the mincer and make Humasexual-burgers out of you all.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

World peas is the shittist offering to date, a total abortion, it sounds like Spice Girls material.
Announced as the follow up to Viva Hate ! Dont make me laugh, I would rather sit under the stairs with a triple migraine and chronic toothache than put that lazy shit in my ears.
And another thing, have we found out where these T-shirts are being cranked out yet ? We'd know all about it if "the animals " where being treated poorly ! Let's just brush sweatshops, child labour, long hours , poor conditions, poor wages, slave labour etc under the carpet shall we ? You Morrissey fans are a joke at the minute.
P E T A !
Purchase ethical T-shirts always.
World slavery is all of our business !
Be kind to slaves or I will put you in the mincer and make Humasexual-burgers out of you all.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

That is the worst set of comments ever written.

Great interview. I totally agree with his stance on changing the voting system in elections in order to be more representative of the people.

We already have that. There are variations on a theme, such as PR or AV, but essentially it is a simple , imperfect process, proven, in countries where the inhabitants are half sentient, to work, and to allow the peaceful transfer of power between opposing parties holding opposing views. To see the potential consequences where that is not the case turn on any television at any time.

A few months ago it appeared Morrissey didn't believe in voting at all. Now it seems he does. You'd have thought he could have mentioned it in the title track of his last album. It's not as if there wasn't room to squeeze it in.

Morrissey wants a voting system where he always gets what he wants. Like many other politically naive teenagers he struggles with the concept of democracy thinking its a game you win rather than a compromise you sometimes have to endure.

If Morrissey, Brand or any of the other multi-millionaire political thinkers really want to change the system they should stand for office. It's not as if they can't afford it, and they'd certainly get plenty of coverage. If enough people agree they'll get their wish extremely quickly. In fact, in the UK he could be in power by the 8th May next year. The problem he might face is that even if all the people who bought the album in the UK were able to vote for him in my constituency alone he'd still lose.

Morrissey, like Brand, knows the disenchanted comfortably off first worlder is a small but solid market to exploit. He preaches to the converted but is studiously ignored by the vast majority. If he had had the courage to expound these increasingly outlandish opinions when he might have had more impact, such as his first Johnny Carson appearance, I'd have had far more respect for him. Now it's too late and more of society is ignoring his music than ever before he decides society must change. Odd that.

Last edited:
Morrissey: «Es humillante no tener discográfica a mi edad» - ABC.es A SU EDAD !!! hay otras razones para ser humillante Como no haber encontrado el amor

What the hell? Someone said that your comment was beautiful and you go nuts.

The first one did but the second one didn't. Doesn't matter. Better I be the one holding the crazy horcrux too long than the other.

That is the worst set of comments ever written.

Why ?
Sydney you will lose marks in an exam with this poor effort, you need to back up your argument and explain why you disagree with the authors comments

No questions about The Smiths? Nincompoops. The only two questions I'd want to ask about them is... "Why isn't there a PROPER reissue programme with extra tracks?" and "Why no questions about The Smiths?".

Someone really needs to stop kowtowing to him and ask him questions we actually want answered, like, "Why did you keep sacking members of your band for asking for payrises?"

I agree. There is no Google translation that could explain this laughable excuse of a post.

I could translate it into the language of the birds? :o

Yep. Some people like to cluck-cluck-cluck and yet all they accomplish is laying a big ol' egg.

I can hatch that egg into a chick if it's fertilized. Or make an omelette if it's not. With BotL.

I can hatch that egg into a chick if it's fertilized. Or make an omelette if it's not. With BotL.

Now, that is impressive.

But, back to that boring old subject; I am glad that Morrissey is doing interviews again. I am very excited for anyone that is going to see him on tour. I hope all goes well.

Now, that is impressive.

But, back to that boring old subject; I am glad that Morrissey is doing interviews again. I am very excited for anyone that is going to see him on tour. I hope all goes well.

Not really. It's just weird.

I am to. It's frustrating that it's in broken google translate, I get enough broken translated words of Morrissey, I want the real thing. Can't wait for accurate banter updates. RIP MelTorment. She was the best documentarian Morrissey ever had.

The first one did but the second one didn't. Doesn't matter. Better I be the one holding the crazy horcrux too long than the other.

I have no idea what the "second one" said, but you don't give yourself enough credit. You have grown over the years, and I appreciate your funniness, quite elementary to mine, but stii only a ton less appealing. xx

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom